Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

this was something that I was wondering about, could you talk to other dragons? and if so, what language?

I am not going to spoil much, but there are some dragons that you can talk to. Its common, english, though one tends to use Dragon Language with it. So, in other words, dragons can speak both their own language and common.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was something that I was wondering about, could you talk to other dragons? and if so, what language?

I am not going to spoil much, but there are some dragons that you can talk to. Its common, english, though one tends to use Dragon Language with it. So, in other words, dragons can speak both their own language and common.

I'm humoring myself by thinking how long it would take me to get something like that done :teehee:

Having only subtitles seems like a great starting point though, if there's going to be communication between Dragons. Modders could simply reword the language to their own with less effort on their part, instead of having to include both written and audio customizations.

This request though is, almost entirely, for the playability of the Dragon race. There's a lot of variables that might either make this very easy, or really difficult. I figure the modular nature of both the Creation Kit and Skyrim will be incredible and should allow us to contribute custom dialogue and new Dragon NPCs and all kinds of good stuff in the future.

Edited by Aedred

This request though is, almost entirely, for the playability of the Dragon race. I figure the modular nature of the Creation Kit, should allow us to contribute custom dialogue and new Dragon NPCs and all kinds of good stuff in the future.

Indeed, one step at a time.

By the way, you should add my support banner to your sig, so more people can hear about and support this.

I still think having a quest that can be accessible in the game at some point being a better option, lore wise at least. I had an idea for an epic quest taking place during or after the main quest (which doesn't matter since it can be started either way though some dialogue would be different and possibly some parts wouldn't be fully accessible). Like I said, it involves tapping into the dragon blood that flows though you to gain more dragon abilities, but another part of it, as I came up with, involved possibly uniting the dragon races. Maybe even building a place dragons can live in, I dunno. Trying to not spoil much since it's based off the main quest, but I think we all know how it would end.

I still think having a quest that can be accessible in the game at some point being a better option, lore wise at least.

I don't see why we can't have two versions. The first, being for anyone who wants the most accessible features and for whoever wants to be "born" a dragon. The second version can be the one with a quest and storyline to go from Dovahkiin to becoming a dragon. I believe it would be best to start with the first version first, since there would be less work to get done and so it would get finished quicker. I'd rather see the ability to play as a dragon released as soon as it's fully working and then a quest for it released after.

I'd like to play a true-born Dragon :turned:, almost unafiliated with the Dragonborn, during this war with Alduin.

Seems a bit reasonable since not every dragon is sided with Alduin. Most of them, but not all of them.

Edit: I love the sig XD. I'm still looking for this one Dragon image that I came across years ago. I'll use the sig till I find it. Kudos for the artwork in the sig. :happy:

Edited by Aedred

I still think having a quest that can be accessible in the game at some point being a better option, lore wise at least.

I don't see why we can't have two versions. The first, being for anyone who wants the most accessible features and for whoever wants to be "born" a dragon. The second version can be the one with a quest and storyline to go from Dovahkiin to becoming a dragon. I believe it would be best to start with the first version first, since there would be less work to get done and so it would get finished quicker. I'd rather see the ability to play as a dragon released as soon as it's fully working and then a quest for it released after.

It seems possible. One for those who don't want to wait and just want to start as a dragon, the other, for those who wants lore and a good quest to go with it related to the main quest. And yes, the first is easier and then we can add onto it.