Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

The real problem is the cities are not open. You would fly at a city as a dragon and realize behind the walls is practically nothing. You would need a mod to open all the cities "walled off areas" like that before you even thought of a proper flying mod.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually make up my own stories that somehow tie into the lore of the game, sometimes. In this case, if I were playing as a Dragon, I wouldn't just fly down into a town and start trying to converse with a fence.. Funny, but just doesn't fit, I can see the option would be there if there were no limitations, but to me it wouldn't make sense as you mentioned.

I picture a mod which includes the playable Dragon race and an added Cave, somewhere in the mountains. I'm thinking along the lines of a mix between Istaria, I of the Dragon, and Hoard ( a game on the playstation network )

Edited by Aedred

As weird as that sounds, would you actually pay for any crimes you commit as a Dragon? :turned:

In the Werewolf: The Awakening mod, there was a modification towards an npc's disposition to the player if they were a wolf. It really does seem possible considering what's been done in the past, even when some of the assets for certain things, like the ride-able pet dragon in oblivion, weren't entirely there by default.

That's what I think is so cool about this game, a lot of the assets for Dragons are there :)

I know there's the thing regarding the towns that you have to load into, but, like Terrain Vampires and a bunch of other mods that had the player flying around, it was really fun :D. To me at least :blink:

Edited by Aedred

I'm more worried about guards stopping you and demanding you pay a fine then quest beeaking

Guard: you broke the law pay up or go to jail

Dragon: ROAR! *breaths fire*

Guard: glad you decided to pay up.

Actully it would more like:

Guard: Stop you have... DRAGON KILL IT

All guards are died. :thumbsup:

on a serous note this playable dragon would work better as a dragon shout that is unlocked after killing a modded dragon, or is a starting toggleble abilty that only the dragonborn can do.

Edited by Alr360

I'm more worried about guards stopping you and demanding you pay a fine then quest beeaking

Guard: you broke the law pay up or go to jail

Guard: glad you decided to pay up.

Actully it would more like:

Guard: Stop you have... DRAGON KILL IT

All guards are died. :thumbsup:

on a serous note this playable dragon would work better as a dragon shout that is unlocked after killing a modded dragon, or is a starting toggleble abilty that only the dragonborn can do.

There is one made a playable Dragon Race to oblivion. it will be cool to have an playable dragon race as an anthr or a full dragon (who walks on 4 legs)

Transforming the player in a dragon would not be a problem, normally. The problem is the gameplay for a player which is a dragon. It has no hands, doesn't fit through the doors, etc... So a dragon-like humanoid, like a winged Argonian, totally feasible, but an actual dragon, not really.

So, I'd see some kind of winged Argonian whose race power is the ability to transform into a dragon. That could be nice.

Ironically in the Werewolf the Awakening mod for oblivion, while you're 'transformed' into a wolf you can't use doors or objects. No thumbs, you see.

So a werewolf Dragon dovakin playerble race in one?

Wow. The Skyrim Argonians are pretty damn Dragony in my respect so that is one thing done. Just need to slap on some wings and bingo.

Think for one second. :wallbash:

One that is completely lazy and doesn't do the mod name justice. :verymad:

Two, (least in my mind) that would not look right. :down:

I'm picturing this -starts game, big dragon in straps being carted along in a wagon... LOL-

I'm guessing you'd want a different start to the game to then :P

The only way I see this possible, is if you are a half dragon race, like the others said and you can transform into it. Otherwise you wouldn't really be able to do much except stomp about the map.

Perhaps have it so you can't transform inside a city that is closed off and inside dungeons. But i'd like this kind of mod for flying about and such.