Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

The only thing I can think of lore-wise for Dragons having a human form, is due to magic that they use to move about incognito through the towns, communicating with people and what not. It doesn't really imply a specific skin or humanoid race so that could really circumvent this problem about going into towns.

I'm hoping a modder has the player wake up in a large outdoor cave somewhere in the mountains if they choose to play as a dragon.

An example would be, ***Player goes through a new game until he reaches the race selection screen.****

***If player chooses a Dragon, then after the customization is finalized the game fades out from the Dragonborn's point of view and fades in to a Dragon's point of view somewhere in the mountains.****

Edited by Aedred

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I COMPLETELY agree with exactly what you're saying, Aedred. From the first moment I played Skyrim I have been desperately wanting to play as a dragon with the other ones, rather than slaying them. I also agree that the Anthro Dragons are cool ideas, but not what we are truly looking for. We want to play as the Skyrim Dragons, the giant, fire/ice breathing beasts, not an enhanced Argonian.

I honestly don't care how we become a dragon or why, as long as we get to fly as one, fight as one, live as one. Who really cares about a few mechanics-breaking things like seeing behind the walls of a city and seeing there's actually nothing there unless we go through the gate, or beginning the game the normal way but as a dragon. It's not like we're releasing the official game and have to make sure everything works flawlessly. Heck, to me, even the ability to walk through doors is worthy sacrifice. In fact, it would live up to what the dragons have to deal with.

This is the great thing about mods! They can break the rules when the game can't! They don't need to be spotlessly clean, they only need to work and allow us to enjoy what is beyond the limits of the game! Mods are about going beyond the limits and doing what cannot be done.

Looking at the past mods for previous Bethesda games such as Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas and the large, active modding community that is already eager to mod Skyrim makes me very confident we will be seeing not only one, but several dragon mods.

I still cannot watch one of the dragons soaring through the sky without greatly envying it. The question is not "How long will it take for a dragon mod to be made?", but "How long will it take for Bethesda to release the Creation Kit". Once that's out, there will be as many mods as there are grains of sand in the Sahara Desert.

Yeah that was an awesome summary of the request :happy: . I honestly haven't seen such a level of detail given to Dragons in any game since MUDs in text-based games and pen and paper role playing games. With the level of modding that I've seen from Morrowind and Oblivion, there's bound to be a few of us out there that'll bring this fully fleshed out mod to light.

I can't wait to see what this latest Construction Set lets us do :geek:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Skyrim-Dragon-feature.jpg

Edited by Aedred

Who really cares about a few mechanics-breaking things like seeing behind the walls of a city and seeing there's actually nothing there unless we go through the gate, or beginning the game the normal way but as a dragon.

Lots of people do, actually. It breaks immersion, and some people don't like that. Not me though, since I used the Akatosh Mount mod in Oblivion and flew right over cities, empty or otherwise.

It'd be better as a total conversion mod. An alternative side of the story. The main reason for this is because as a Dragonborn you've already got dragon blood in you, you're half-dragon, more or less. You want to play as a dragon through the main storyline? Well that's fine, but you'll be pretty disappointed when you realise your fat ass can't walk through those tiny tower doors in Helgen.

As an alternative storyline though, it'd work. Playing as a dragon on the side of the dragons, destroying the human race, would make much more sense. And it'd work. You wouldn't have to enter a town to destroy it, you'd just destroy it.

Who really cares about a few mechanics-breaking things like seeing behind the walls of a city and seeing there's actually nothing there unless we go through the gate, or beginning the game the normal way but as a dragon.

Lots of people do, actually. It breaks immersion, and some people don't like that. Not me though, since I used the Akatosh Mount mod in Oblivion and flew right over cities, empty or otherwise.

It'd be better as a total conversion mod. An alternative side of the story. The main reason for this is because as a Dragonborn you've already got dragon blood in you, you're half-dragon, more or less. You want to play as a dragon through the main storyline? Well that's fine, but you'll be pretty disappointed when you realise your fat ass can't walk through those tiny tower doors in Helgen.

As an alternative storyline though, it'd work. Playing as a dragon on the side of the dragons, destroying the human race, would make much more sense. And it'd work. You wouldn't have to enter a town to destroy it, you'd just destroy it.

The two mods that I mentioned weren't total conversion mods, but boy did they do a lot for two of the most well known races, Vampires and Werewolves. I'd like play as a Dragon that had no discernible side in this war from the start, my own personal story, as I'm sure each person here would go about their business as a Dragon differently.

There's at least one Dragon that I know of which fights on the side of the Dragonborn, so it shouldn't have to be entirely about destroying everything.

I had an idea that I posted, which related to a few other ideas in here, about using magic to become humanoid and interact with some of the other bipedal creatures. It fits with some of the lore that dragons have too. This is something that Werewolf: The Awakening and Terrain Vampires did pretty well, minus a few bugs that stuck around.

Edited by Aedred

Lots of people do, actually. It breaks immersion, and some people don't like that.

As I like to say, stay far from sights that cause sore eyes. But I suppose some people are very picky.

If the Creation Kit is anyway like the G.E.C.K. (It will most likely be better and easier to use) it will be very easy for whoever makes this mod to take the scripts that make you a dragon and bundle it into some type of Gem Stone that you can complete a quest to obtain. I made some popular-ish mods with the G.E.C.K. so when the Skyrim Creation Kit is released, I will see what useful resources I can find.

But I am sure modders much more skilled than I will be able to put a mod like this together quite easily, as long as you and the rest of us can make sure our voices are loud enough so that the real elite modders hear us, and help us.

hmm maybe you could add the ability to transform into a dragon in the form of a shout.

Add a quest line to the game where the reward is the ability to transform into a dragon for a set amount of time, and you gain full control of a dragon.

The request in this mod is for the player to play as a Dragon, while having ability to transform into a humanoid through magic as an added option or for compatibility with many quests and interactive objects (like doors).

That's my request at least. I want to be able to play the game as a true-born Dragon. I noticed in the wiki that there's actually different types based on their scale color and even ones that are considered "ancient". To be able to play as an ancient, true-born Dragon would really be great :turned:

Edited by Aedred