Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

If you're going to have a type of quick start version to this mod, it should start with Alduin raising you from the dead, as that is how most dragons in Skyrim came to be. But before all of this, we need to actually find people who can make dragons playable and smooth to control.

The thought of being a zombie dragon sounds so.... unnatural. x_x

Options would be nice as far as that goes, it's the one reason I created a story about a single Dragon that was left behind, aside from Paarthurnax :happy:

correction, your revived, so your not a zombie dragon...but a live one. and if you wanna look like a normal dragon, thats up to what your dragon looks like :3....speekijng of the dragons looks...what about fur on the dragon? like with parthanax? (I know its not the right spelling DX)

Paarthurnax, is the correct spelling. I think the player dragon should be unique, not unlike the dragons you see flying around. Paarthurnax and Odahviing have different models than the others, even though they both share the same model (I think). For the player dragon, perhaps we can set some more options as well as choosing their body appearance.

Edited by Neo Hikato

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love a whole lot of these ideas, props for the brain storming to everyone in here :teehee:

Not to detract from that too much, I just wanted to reiterate that all I had in mind for this request was just to be able to play as a dragon with one of the default skins, simplifying it as much as possible. Unless a modder or modding group would be kind enough to release this in parts, as they worked on it, and updated it.

The core of the request, being Dragon control and functioning mechanics like flight, magic, breath, melee attack animations and applicable damage, just the standard stuff for Dragon playability.

Edited by Aedred

I really love a whole lot of these ideas, props for the brain storming to everyone in here :teehee:

Not to detract from that too much, I just wanted to reiterate that all I had in mind for this request was just to be able to play as a dragon with one of the default skins, simplifying it as much as possible. Unless a modder or modding group would be kind enough to release this in parts, as they worked on it, and updated it.

The core of the request, being Dragon control and functioning mechanics like flight, magic, breath, melee attack animations and applicable damage, just the standard stuff for Dragon playability.

I have been brainstorming about a possible questline for the start as dragon story. Instead of the player being dragonborn, I thought it would be more of a prophecy of pure-dragon destined to end Alduin's reign. However, Alduin knew of this prophecy, and kills the player. Then comes the game, where Alduin ressurects the player, who has developed amnesia and can't remembered his or her purpose or how he died. That's what I got for now, with the first half of the main dragon quest being trying to put together all the pieces and trying to remember their past.

Edited by Neo Hikato

I think the dragons have been given so much detail in this game and I was wondering if anyone was working on adding the race of Dragons as a playable race. I'm not sure when the construction set was getting released for Skyrim and I'm very new to modding things, even though I tried off and on during the Oblivion days, so I figured I'd see if anyone else out there was planning, or is working on making this happen.

I'll try to outline and update what I'm thinking of in this post to the best of my ability and include what other ideas people might have on a playable, true-born Dragon race.

A lot of the mechanics that I'm thinking about for this mod can be seen in mods like Werewolf: The Awakening and the Terrain Vampires mod, which had a few animalistic abilities, like natural(default) attack animations for wolves, increasing and new skills/spells learned as the player gains experience through spellcasting/fighting as a wolf, inability to use doors, etc etc.

The only thing I can think of lore-wise for Dragons having a human form, is due to magic that they use to move about incognito through the towns, communicating with people and what not. It doesn't really imply a specific skin or humanoid race so that could really circumvent this problem about going into towns as a massive Dragon.

I'm hoping a modder can have the player wake up in a large outdoor cave somewhere in the mountains if they choose to play as a dragon.

An example would be,

***Player goes through a new game until he reaches the character customization screen.****

***If player chooses a Dragon, then after the customization is finalized the game fades out from the Dragonborn's point of view and fades in to a Dragon's point of view somewhere in an outdoor cave in the mountains.****

(A message box could also pop up after character customization, asking the if the player would like to be a Dragon)

Due the the massive size of dragons it would be impractical to use them as is, but perhaps it could be a small dragon, about the size of a werewolf. In fact, it would be a good idea to make it a transformation like the werewolf, but first person and without the whole you can't pick up or use things crap.

BTW, how do I add an image into my signature? I want to put in the supports dragon image everyone else is using, and I tried copying and pasting it directly, didn't work. Sorry if I sound like a noob but I've never done it before.

Edited by immortalfrieza

Due the the massive size of dragons it would be impractical to use them as is

Impractical for Human activities, but a great opportunity for a lot of fun when doing things Dragons do. Pillaging towns, hunting animals and wreaking havoc on Human outposts. Or even simply soaring through the skies, over the mountains and across the plains. That's something I really, REALLY want to experience in Skyrim.

Aedred and I simply want a mod that is fully working, smooth and stable, that allows us to play as the basic Skyrim Dragon, or hopefully the different types. Other features can be addressed afterwards, unless you like brainstorming, of course.

BTW, how do I add an image into my signature? I want to put in the supports dragon image everyone else is using, and I tried copying and pasting it directly, didn't work. Sorry if I sound like a noob but I've never done it before.

Just copy and paste this into your signature and take out the Es. ;)

[iEmg]htEtp://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1735/supportsdragonmod.png[/img]

[siEze=5]Ω [foEnt=Impact][cEolor=#FF0000]Copy this and support Playable Dragon Mods![/color][/font] Ω[/size]

Edited by Vaktus

I don't get it. What is the point in playing a dragon? How far would you play the "game"? I mean, you can't talk to anyone, and what else would you do except flying around and killing everything?

Maybe funny for an hour, but nothing of value. And that this is the longest thread here (I think) is really sad.

I don't get it. What is the point in playing a dragon? How far would you play the "game"? I mean, you can't talk to anyone, and what else would you do except flying around and killing everything?

Maybe funny for an hour, but nothing of value. And that this is the longest thread here (I think) is really sad.

I think the purpose is indeed for that hour of fun.

Initially at least.

If you'd read the rest of the largest thread, you'd find that it's full of people speculating on ways to (once the initial mod framework for it is made) tie it into an alternate start/storyline mod of some sort.

Just copy and paste this into your signature and take out the Es. ;)

[iEmg]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1735/supportsdragonmod.png[/img]

[siEze=5]Ω [foEnt=Impact][cEolor=#FF0000]Copy this and support Playable Dragon Mods![/color][/font] Ω[/size]

Didn't work, I got this: "[#10210] You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board."