Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

I think it woul be doable instead you could fly instead of buying a horse weapons? You get the kajit claw attack cant use weapons duh but your magic is off the charts. Only thing is you would have to have a custom shout to transform you to a human form to get inside buildings the caves seem large enough to hold a dragon well most of them anyway. Problem would be the starting as afore mentioned

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it woul be doable instead you could fly instead of buying a horse weapons? You get the kajit claw attack cant use weapons duh but your magic is off the charts. Only thing is you would have to have a custom shout to transform you to a human form to get inside buildings the caves seem large enough to hold a dragon well most of them anyway. Problem would be the starting as afore mentioned

The main problem is getting the player to move, act and control like a dragon. Changing the player model to a Dragon one isn't even the tough part, it's getting the animations and movements to work as well as smooth flying. Looking at the NPC dragons flying, it *looks* like the movements are completely scripted and wouldn't be compatible with player controls. Still, one can hope.

I'm just afraid this will be oblivion all over again, and beth releases a number of dlcs while they delay the kit for month(s).

Gotta love that modders just got fed up of waiting and designed their own version of the kit, then were making advanced esp/esm mods long before oblivion's kit came out.

I'm just afraid this will be oblivion all over again, and beth releases a number of dlcs while they delay the kit for month(s).

Gotta love that modders just got fed up of waiting and designed their own version of the kit, then were making advanced esp/esm mods long before oblivion's kit came out.

Doubt that will happen now. Bethesda has learned from it's past experiences, thankfully. The G.E.C.K. for Fallout 3 came out very, very shortly after the game was released. Same with the New Vegas version. I imagine the same will happen with the CS.

Doubt that will happen now. Bethesda has learned from it's past experiences, thankfully. The G.E.C.K. for Fallout 3 came out very, very shortly after the game was released. Same with the New Vegas version. I imagine the same will happen with the CS.

god I hope so!

Indeed. I guess they are just waiting around to give everyone a chance to experience most from the vanilla game.

Apparently some forms of polymorph spells exist to some degree lore wise, accidental perhaps.

In winterhold there's rather short series of interactions with a character which involve 'testing' spells on the player.

Mechanics-wise the player gets forced to third person and turned invisible and their camera gets oriented towards a nearby spot, where the mage summons in succession a horse, a skyrim cow, and a dog, before putting the camera back and turning the player back to visible.

Story-wise, the npc is attempting to cast a particular spell that is too difficult for them, and is instead polymorphing you into various animals by accident.

Wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to assume that dragons would have some grasp on this type of magic.

Figure I'd share what I could picture experiencing in a mod like this since a few others have done so :tongue:

You start the game as Dragonborn, being taken to your execution. Upon arrival, you enter the character customization screen. (**This can go two ways, choosing a dragon within the character customization, or afterwards**) Once you're satisfied with your selection, you hit the designated key to finalize your character's creation. A dialogue box pops up, asking if you wish to be a Dragon. The player chooses Yes and the screen slowly fades out.

A loading screen ensues. After loading, the screen slowly fades in and you can hear the wind and as the screen gets brighter, you realize your in a cave. You can see the wind and snow raging outside of the cave. As you move towards the entrance of the cave, you realize that you're somewhere high up in the mountains. (Perhaps future modding will let the player start as a new-born dragon.)

From here you're free to follow a tutorial that a mod might provide, or perhaps the mod simply lets you roam free. During the course of the game, you master your power over magic and your scales grow harder and thicker as you get older, taking you from something of a fledgling to that of an Ancient Dragon. During this process you eventually gain access to new skills and abilities such as multiple types of breaths, like fire, ice, and lightning, along with magic that will allow you to transform yourself into a human and communicate with the lesser races, incognito. The look of the humanoid character would be decided from what the player created during the tutorial. (**perhaps modding will let players choose what the humanoid will look like when they use the magic spell to change themselves, like the "showracemenu" command**)

Compared to the Dragonborn, Shouts would have an exponentially shorter cool down and increased power based on the age and skill of the Dragon, being a true-born Dragon and all.

Well, that's about it :teehee:

Edited by Aedred