Naming and shaming!

DDProductions83

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we can wait until Bethesda implements the whole "you need a steam account and a legit copy of Fallout 4" instead of resorting to the most garbage system of copy-protection the game industry has ever come up with.

Or we can wait until Bethesda implements the whole "you need a steam account and a legit copy of Fallout 4" instead of resorting to the most garbage system of copy-protection the game industry has ever come up with.

^ This

I wonder how fast they would be if someone would upload their own DLCs to Bethesda.aids...

Huh?

He is saying, if someone uploaded far harbor or that robot dlc and etc on beth.aids, how long would it take them to remove it? Or would they let their own dlc sit on their site for days on end. My guess it would take them about 8 hours max, depending on when it was uploaded.

Thanks, I didn't get that from the comment.

There has got to be something harmless and easy to do that simply makes a mod not work for anything other than the platform it is intended to work on. This way, if someone tries to steal a PC version of a mod, it simply will not work on anything but PC. Same with Xbox and PS4. But alas...I suck at making mods and don't know s*** about the CK other than an inadequate amount.

Not with Papyrus.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/23456

and now we have this one.

How to steal mod assets

sigh.

Whats wrong with that? It's just a tutorial to use assets of other installed mods without adding a static dependency to them.

Like for example you make a cheat mod that lets you spawn weapons. Then a script detects that you also have a mod installed that adds a cool new assault rifle. Now you can dynamically spawn this weapon of the other mod without a dependency to that mod and without having to include that mod or its assets into your upload.

[...]

Not with Papyrus.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/23456

It is possible to detect if your mod is running on console or on pc. However it requires a bit of thinking as the Debug script is not available on console.

Edited by DarthWayne