[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Trying to understand this thing about 5x5 cells around the player.

So 5 cells from the left, right, front, behind, are loaded around the player's cell?

Or basically is it 5 rows of 5 cells with the player in the center cell?

As I understand it, it is a 5x5 square with the player in the center cell.

Hi everyone,

I have an enchantment that cast light on a piece of armor and i have set the duration to 20 s in the enchantment window and in game it doesn't shut down after 20 sec and stay on forever!

The magic effect is set to constant effect on self.

Any idea how this should be set to work correctly?

Hi everyone,

I have an enchantment that cast light on a piece of armor and i have set the duration to 20 s in the enchantment window and in game it doesn't shut down after 20 sec and stay on forever!

I don't think you can have a constant set to use a duration. Try fire and forget if you want a duration.

Hi everyone,

I don't think you can have a constant set to use a duration. Try fire and forget if you want a duration.

Thank for the reply and i found a thread who confirmed that does not work on constant and self!

Trying to understand this thing about 5x5 cells around the player.

So 5 cells from the left, right, front, behind, are loaded around the player's cell?

Or basically is it 5 rows of 5 cells with the player in the center cell?

As I understand it, it is a 5x5 square with the player in the center cell.

Yeah thanks. I did a rough test yesterday too. Once the player moves over to one cell on either side of the original, a row is unattached.

Alright, so I'm working on my own Mark and Recall spell.

When its time to get rid of the marker via Delete(), how do I actually delete it?

marker.GetReference().Delete() obviously wont work(the marker is added to an alias), but I do need to clear the alias when its time to Mark a new location(drop a new marker and add it to the alias).

I'm thinking of adding it to an array and deleting it from there, but I'm not sure if that will work.

When its time to get rid of the marker via Delete(), how do I actually delete it?

marker.GetReference().Delete() obviously wont work(the marker is added to an alias), but I do need to clear the alias when its time to Mark a new location(drop a new marker and add it to the alias).

I'm thinking of adding it to an array and deleting it from there, but I'm not sure if that will work.

I wouldn't delete the marker. Instead start out with the marker in a inaccessible custom cell. Then when it is needed move it to the correct location. Then either leave it there till it is next needed or move it back to the custom cell. That way you don't have to worry about the chance of leaving markers behind that can't get deleted and thus bloating the save file.

Why do you have an alias? All you need is a persistent heading marker. You can make it initially disabled and enable it after the first use of Mark so that you know whether Recall is available. If you want a quest marker you can set an objective pointing to the marker at the same time you enable it.

Thanks again, IsharaMeradin. You feedback, as always, is very helpful :smile:

Is AddItem a good way to add lists to a merchant chest? I've read that there are some issues with persistence across multiple saves using AddItem. Is there a better function or a way or way to make a script using AddItem more persistent?

No, it isn't. Use quest aliases instead and insert the levelled list into the inventory area in the alias window. This will solve persistence across chest resets as well as compatibility with other mods that might wish to edit those chests.

If you want to make your added items also reset, you'll need a fairly small script. The script's job is to do the following things:

1. Register for a single update in 48 ingame hours (the merchant chest's reset period)

2. On that update, remove any added items. This is very easy if you're only manipulating items your mod adds: create a formlist containing all of those items, and iterate through that to remove all items of those types. Unfortunately RemoveItem doesn't allow for use of a FormList directly. If you're working with stuff that isn't unique to your mod, you need to devise a way of catching all the items you're adding, which is more complicated.

3. After removing any priorly added items, save the reference the alias points to in a variable, clear the alias, and then force-ref the alias to hold that reference again. This will re-add the inventory items from the alias tab. However since clearing it out of the quest alias does not remove items added when it was added to the quest alias, you need to manually do so. Hence step 2.

4. After completing the above, register for another single update in 48 ingame hours.

Edited by foamyesque