[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

I'm using Skyrim to make battlemaps for D&D (like these). However, a major issue I run into is that when I move the camera up too high in some interiors, it no longer renders the scene below. For example, if I have the camera here in this room, and I zoom out even a little more, it looks like this. I installed the creation kit and tried figuring out if there's some sort of rendering limit somewhere, or a boundary box for rendering, but couldn't figure it out. Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable this rendering limit in-game via the console, if possible, as it'd be a lot quicker for me to move around to different rooms and take pictures. Any advice on this? I'm using Skyrim Special Edition, if that matters.

Edit: It looks like I'm trying to disable occlusion planes (or black planes?). I haven't found any console commands that work, though, and I don't see any occlusion planes in the creation kit that I can delete.

Edited by elementary

Does anyone know what is up with this wall-mesh/texture?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/899dd828c47cf8862cb18decde1c945d/tumblr_or0xupclo01w65rmxo1_1280.jpg

I took a Nord Protculis, and swapped it out for a flat-plane with the Castle Wall Texture from Dawnguard; but now it's getting a faint blue-ish hue. It's not quite as noticeable in this image, but it seems to be there no matter what angle it's vied from.

Check the mesh in Nifskope. At a guess I'd say it has emissive data.

Edit: It looks like I'm trying to disable occlusion planes (or black planes?). I haven't found any console commands that work, though, and I don't see any occlusion planes in the creation kit that I can delete.

More likely Room Bound boxes than Occlusion Planes. In the CK toolbar:

View > Show/Hide Window > tick boxes "Portals and Rooms" and "Occlusion Planes"

they'll show up as blue boxes/white planes around parts of the cell. Resize the boxes. There is no way of doing it via console commands that I know of.

More likely Room Bound boxes than Occlusion Planes. In the CK toolbar:

View > Show/Hide Window > tick boxes "Portals and Rooms" and "Occlusion Planes"

they'll show up as blue boxes/white planes around parts of the cell. Resize the boxes. There is no way of doing it via console commands that I know of.

This worked! Thanks very much for your help. Yeah, it will be a pain to have to create a mod for every interior I want to photograph, but I'm glad to have a working solution. I posted this question in a few different places on the internet and you were the only one to have a solution, so thanks!

Looking to make a note be attached to a wall by a dagger. But they both keep falling. Any idea how I could do this?

Just stick the dagger in the wall or post through the note, and tick "Don't Havok Settle" in their respective editor windows. Keep in mind if the player or an NPC bumps the dagger it will fall. You could put a collision box around it, but if you need the player to retrieve the note than you will have to remove the collision box via script.

I'm having some trouble getting the lighting right in a house. I'm trying to make it have realistic lighting inside with more sunlight in the upper rooms and less light in basement and hallways with no windows.

I have different areas of the house set up with roombounds for different areas with different Imagespaces + Lighting Templates, nothing too complicated, just lowering Sunlight Scale, and Sky scale, brightness settings, etc. for the areas that are supposed to be dark, but Skyrim's got this weird habit of increasing the brightness drastically before adjusting back. I even tried setting the Eye Adaptation really low, like 1 for the imagespace.

Is there any way to get rid of that drastic increase of brightness when you first change imagespaces? It's just counter-intuitive tring to figure out how/why it works like this when you are going from one dark area straight into a roombound with even darker settings, but suddenly the ambient brightness level goes up drastically and you can see the whole room (as you enter the new imagespace) before it goes dark again. (I am guessing that's when the Eye adjust kicks in??)

Any ideas or helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looking to make a note be attached to a wall by a dagger. But they both keep falling. Any idea how I could do this?

Just stick the dagger in the wall or post through the note, and tick "Don't Havok Settle" in their respective editor windows. Keep in mind if the player or an NPC bumps the dagger it will fall. You could put a collision box around it, but if you need the player to retrieve the note than you will have to remove the collision box via script.

Sometimes "Don't Havok Settle" doesn't work. In those cases, you can try adding a script called something like DisableHavokOnLoad (try to search for "havok", you'll find it) to the reference. That usually does the trick.

Hi all, recently discovered the Credo WIP. Love it. However there are many outstanding issues I am working on, I have made progress with some bugged sets and lack of ground meshes. However one thing i am struggling with is fixing the gap between arms and gauntlets and legs and boots with some of the sets. Since many armours are ported from the witcher 2, I was inspired by hothtroopers work with some of the ported meshes and tried to get a section of the default hand mesh to attach to the glove mesh in order to fix the gap.

I prepared the nifs in nifskope and I have split the part of the wrists i want in blender 2.49b and exported it. However when I try to copy the nitristrip of my exported mesh I get an error about array size being too big. Have I missed a step in the export? Am I going about my problem the right way? Any advice is appreciated. I can send pictures of my error and my export and import settings if that will help.

How does the swimming mechanism work? Would it be possible to create an effect that causes the player/NPCs to sink in water? Or prevent them from swimming altogether (walk on bottom of rivers, lakes, etc)?

It might be a bit risky solution, but I think I'd try to mess with the player race's swimming flag.

If you use SKSE you can try using SetRaceFlag(Int n) to disable swimming for the player's race. That would also effect every other actor that is the same race though.

Otherwise you could make copies of all race objects that have swimming unflagged, then in the script detect the player's race and use SetRace (if that even works for the player?) to change the player's race to the nonswimming version of it. That means changing the race from Imperial to Nonswimming Imperial and Orc to Nonswimming Orc and so on.

There might very well be a better solution but this is my thoughts at least ;)