⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

CoD - More casual audience, or those seeking a fast-paced arcade twitch shooter.

BF - Clearly aimed at a more hardcore gaming audience seeking a more realistic, more challenging game

god that is so not true. "clearly aimed at a more hardcore audience"...i am not a hardcore gamer by any means. and i enjoyed Battlefield....the friends i play with, none of them are hardcore gamers. we didnt play because it was more challenging, cause its not. we played it cause we enjoyed the game, and we could all just chill and play the game. yes chill. we played it because it was easier to relax while playing. its a slower pace then CoD, and thats why we enjoyed it. I have a hard time not being tense when i play CoD (mostly cause im new at it and not very good) but also cause everything happens so fast to me. there was very little thought when playing Battlefield. we usually just chatted while we played and had fun. just like your claiming the audience whom plays CoD does (which they do)...both games can be casual. both games can be tactical. now ill admit, BF can be more tactical then CoD, but you get a team together on CoD and play together, and you will still beat many lone wolfs playing CoD, and vise versa, you can very easily play Lone Wold on BF and do very well.

@hoofhearted. It's a lot closer to realism than CoD and it most definitely is a military sim. Its realism stretches way beyond just bullet drop. It might not quite be the military sim that ArmA is, but it gets pretty close.

its not a military sim. plain and simple. idc how good the physics is, idc how good the graphics are. its not realistic. period. its not a sim. period....both are games, and as such neither are "close to realism". neither can teach you how to fire a weapon or how to handle it. how to reload it. how to react in situations. you dont simply turn on someone and lay down a health/ammo pack. you dont have a mini map. you cant spot ppl and have a little orange arrow over them...i know im being picky and whatnot in my examples, but its only to prove that its a game. do not compare it to real life.

Edited by hoofhearted4

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a military sim. plain and simple. idc how good the physics is, idc how good the graphics are. its not realistic. period. its not a sim. period....both are games, and as such neither are "close to realism". neither can teach you how to fire a weapon or how to handle it. how to reload it. how to react in situations. you dont simply turn on someone and lay down a health/ammo pack. you dont have a mini map. you cant spot ppl and have a little orange arrow over them...i know im being picky and whatnot in my examples, but its only to prove that its a game. do not compare it to real life.

Actually its closer then COD is in most reguards to balistics, as for being a mil sim. Arma and the orginal Operation Flashpoint are far more realistic when it comes to impact and kills. Also you haven't seen what the Miltary has been doing with the LAND Warrior Program. Effectively what we are seeing as HUD Designs in moderns FPS game might very well be what the next generation of soldiers will likely have built into their helmets and eye wear; and thanks to Augmented Reality and networked "sensor" systems enemies might very well have a Orange Arrow point right at their head and not even know it. Oh and FYI even though LAND Warrior Progam got canceled it pretty much got rebranned Future Force Warrior Program thanks to miltary attempting to actually keep up with tech instead of using outdated hardware/software.

Edited by Gracinfields

Miss the point much? Of course a game will never come close to real life. You must be rather daft to think that was what I was implying. Weapons etc behaves realistically. I never said the game is Real LifeTM. Maybe learn2context?

Either way, I edited my previous post last night already, but seemingly not in time. Have a look at it again.

Edit: And yes, CoD is aimed at a more casual audience, and the BF series is aimed at a more serious gaming audience. That does not mean casual gamers can't enjoy it, just that the game isn't by its very nature a casual game. There is something called a middle ground.

Either way. Previous post. Not going to convince each other. Etc etc.

Edited by Halororor

Battlefield 3.

• Better gameplay.
  • Better graphics.
  • More in-depth story line.
  • More realistic (I prefer realism in most FPS's).
  • MUCH more better community.
  • Maps are so much more varied than COD's petty copy & pasted maps.

Better gameplay.

thats an opinon. which is been a point to the debate me and Halororor have been having.

More in-depth story line.

i havent played the story from either BF3 or MW3, but from what ive seen, there are A LOT more people talking about CoDs story then there are about BF3s story (which i heard the campaign was junk)

MUCH more better community.

im not necessarily disagreeing with you. but i think they are both the same tbh. ive had horrible community experiences with both game. Battlefield tends to annoy me. with the "get good noob" this and "PTFO noob" that and all this other stuff. i actually think its just as bad as CoD. all depends on the group you happen to get.

Edited by hoofhearted4

To be honest, I find the BF3 community to be a definite step down from the BC2 community, even though it's pretty much the same people who just moved over. Noobtubers, spawnraping snipers and RPGs have pretty much been the order of the day most of the days I've been playing, and it's frustrating as hell. On top of that, not a game goes by where at least two players aren't fighting over something petty. The BF and CoD community can get equally bad. As Hoofhearted says, it just depends on the group you happen to play with. Edited by Halororor

To be honest, I find the BF3 community to be a definite step down from the BC2 community, even though it's pretty much the same people who just moved over. Noobtubers, spawnraping snipers and RPGs have pretty much been the order of the day most of the days I've been playing, and it's frustrating as hell. On top of that, not a game goes by where at least two players aren't fighting over something petty. The BF and CoD community can get equally bad. As Hoofhearted says, it just depends on the group you happen to play with.

yay we agree on something!

how was the BF2/earlier community though? i find when i talked to someone who came from BF2, he was usually a little douchy. like he thought he was superior cause he came from BF2 (or played since BF2/earlier) and wasnt a BC2 noob. or whatever.

I'm not really sure. I've never actually played BF2, aside from a few rounds against the AI in the demo.

From what I've heard, though, it was pretty much the same as you described. One of my friends played it for a while, and he said the community was almost as elitist as the Counter-Strike community.

BF2 era was decent. It's around that the BF community started to get a rep for being a less obnoxious community than what you usually get (in like the rep CoD has garnered) I think it's probably slightly tied into that BF2 was really only a PC game and the stuff on the consoles I don't think anyone cared about at the time, at the time CoD2 had basically gone the console route, an pretty much all the comparisons in community's and games probably really started around then. there seemed to be less console wars and the less CoD BF feuding back then. EA has also gone totally batshit crazy since then as well, I dunno if that counts for anything. I didn't even realise it was good when I played it, I thought that was pretty normal, then I recall throwing up in my mouth when trying to play CoD games earlier in the 360s lifetime, not the game so much, but like how MMOs get ruined by the people that play them :laugh:

then I was sad to hear that a lot of games end up like that unless you are really into it and get to play with cool people.

Edited by Ghogiel