⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

i dunno, i made the big mistake of buying a copy of BF3.. rushed home to install it and from the very first moment i clicked on that icon i started hating it...loading screens of 5mins+, audio was too low, then started stuttering, then echoing and never got to fix it, an unbeareable lag (like 5fps), i repeatedly started dropping dead for no reason at all, then after many tries i started seeing enemies popping right in front of me, dropped weapons clipping through walls and disappearing, triggers not activating propperly (like that basement before the earthquake and the machinegun on top of the pedestrian bridge. alerting everyone (and dying) for no reason in the stealth part after the quake. i did enjoy like a little kid the f-18 part, that was really awesome, but after bombarding the base the pilot did not want to come back...and after that the whole thing just went downhill. an npc i was supposed to follow being stuck staring at a wall, then after many retries it did not bug, but was killed shortly after bugging the whole rest of the mission. my squad running to the mg nests and taking cover right next to the enemy while everyone was shooting AT ME!, and finally this stuck mission and the constant lag and audio stutter and the many many bugs with EVERYTHING just got to my nerves and i uninstalled it and sold the game to a friend... no.. i was not going to fight the game to play it, it's supposed to be fun and it was a headache.

with MW3 and the many other FPS games i have i NEVER had any problems like these. sure it might be lacking some realism and too pew pew centered, but hey!, the game is 100% playable and fun right out of the box!, no BS, no hunting for workarounds, reading 1000 people with the same problems, no downloading 2gb patches that DID NOT fix those issues...

oh and what did the BF3 team had to say about it? oh, the problem is these issues only happen on certain computers, and we are investigating...BS.

so that's it.. i would not recommend that game to anyone, regardless of how fun a couple parts of it are...the thing IS BROKEN

[rant off]

Edited by VileTouch

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never even heared of of those issues with BF3 likely playing on a graphics card that can not support it in the first place. As for the mulitplayer expect to see some people playing lone wolf style and some people playing like a proper team it just comes down to the mode, server and time of day.

Well I agree with the update,,but BFBC2 was a complete disappointment to me being a battlefield fan.That was a game obviously trying to compete with COD(which it indeed win) In terms of being a good game,,but BFBC2 being better then BF3 I don't think so.I felt on BC you had VERY VERY little control over the battlefield,,most maps were straight lines.Also the fact taking away prone was very disappointing.It felt more like medal of honer type of play,,BF3 brings back what battlefield was ALL about..not sure if you played Bf2,2142, THE GOD 1942,,but BC was a spin off so I guess it did get a good shot in,,but Most of my ex clan memebers really hated the game(kinda odd they played the hell out of it haha) But i don't think it can touch BF3 I mean for better or worse.its battlefield.But its all opinions so hay.

well as you said, you gotta remember, BC2 was the successor to BC and was really in no way related to Battlefield except title. just like BF3 is in no way related to BC2. and wasnt meant to be.

im not a big FPS fan at all. ive only ever played BC2. ive seen A TON of gameplay for BF3, watched my friend play for hours on MW2 Black Ops and a little of MW3 (which he hates) im subbed to a bunch of people in YouTube who i found when playing BC2. most has started with BF2 (though a couple started with BC2, but later tried BF2) the general concencious with the people i watch on YT is the BC2 > BF3. even the ones who came from BF2. a couple have even gone back to BC2 while a couple others stayed on BF3. all have done their opinions on which is better. the ones on BF3 still are the ones who say both have Pros and Cons but dont say which is better. point being. a lot of people, even BF2 vets, arent all that pleased with BF3.

as for MW vs BF. as i said, ive only ever played BC2. i loved it. had a lot of fun. i dont even have that many hours logged on, i think around 50. but still i loved it. i was even playing it recently (Ps3, dont have the PC version...yet) but from the amount ive watched my friend play MW and the few videos ive seen of the BF subs i have playing it. it does look fun. ONLY if im with a friend chattin. ONLY because i love just chillen and playing games with friends in person or over the Mic. i couldnt ever pick up that game and just play for my own enjoyment. its too blah. it takes no skill. (which is why i think its only fun if your just chillen with friends) but that no skill, that lone wolf aspect is exactly why i couldnt ever play it by myself.....CoD as a whole though is now a disgrace to games. do the same thing over and over, as long as it has the same title in it, idiots will continue to spend $60 for reskinned "new" weapons and maps. its really an embarrassment. i truely cannot understand someone who defends CoD/MW anymore. i understand its fun. i can see that. but when your shelling out $60 for the same game you bought 3-4 games ago, i mean what does that say. idk. everybody yells at Activision and whatnot for it. but hey. if you were a business, and you could just keep reusing the same product youve had for years to make new revenue, wouldnt you? i mean they dont have to waste resources on making a new engine, new sounds, new animations, new graphics new anything. the spend a little bit of money on the 5 hour campaign. make up some new textures to put on the same weapons and there you go, a brand new game that everyone is gunna buy again!....smart business really :P

but now i dont even know what im talking about anymore so...

[/rant]

Well I agree with the update,,but BFBC2 was a complete disappointment to me being a battlefield fan.That was a game obviously trying to compete with COD(which it indeed win) In terms of being a good game,,but BFBC2 being better then BF3 I don't think so.I felt on BC you had VERY VERY little control over the battlefield,,most maps were straight lines.Also the fact taking away prone was very disappointing.It felt more like medal of honer type of play,,BF3 brings back what battlefield was ALL about..not sure if you played Bf2,2142, THE GOD 1942,,but BC was a spin off so I guess it did get a good shot in,,but Most of my ex clan memebers really hated the game(kinda odd they played the hell out of it haha) But i don't think it can touch BF3 I mean for better or worse.its battlefield.But its all opinions so hay.

well as you said, you gotta remember, BC2 was the successor to BC and was really in no way related to Battlefield except title. just like BF3 is in no way related to BC2. and wasnt meant to be.

im not a big FPS fan at all. ive only ever played BC2. ive seen A TON of gameplay for BF3, watched my friend play for hours on MW2 Black Ops and a little of MW3 (which he hates) im subbed to a bunch of people in YouTube who i found when playing BC2. most has started with BF2 (though a couple started with BC2, but later tried BF2) the general concencious with the people i watch on YT is the BC2 > BF3. even the ones who came from BF2. a couple have even gone back to BC2 while a couple others stayed on BF3. all have done their opinions on which is better. the ones on BF3 still are the ones who say both have Pros and Cons but dont say which is better. point being. a lot of people, even BF2 vets, arent all that pleased with BF3.

as for MW vs BF. as i said, ive only ever played BC2. i loved it. had a lot of fun. i dont even have that many hours logged on, i think around 50. but still i loved it. i was even playing it recently (Ps3, dont have the PC version...yet) but from the amount ive watched my friend play MW and the few videos ive seen of the BF subs i have playing it. it does look fun. ONLY if im with a friend chattin. ONLY because i love just chillen and playing games with friends in person or over the Mic. i couldnt ever pick up that game and just play for my own enjoyment. its too blah. it takes no skill. (which is why i think its only fun if your just chillen with friends) but that no skill, that lone wolf aspect is exactly why i couldnt ever play it by myself.....CoD as a whole though is now a disgrace to games. do the same thing over and over, as long as it has the same title in it, idiots will continue to spend $60 for reskinned "new" weapons and maps. its really an embarrassment. i truely cannot understand someone who defends CoD/MW anymore. i understand its fun. i can see that. but when your shelling out $60 for the same game you bought 3-4 games ago, i mean what does that say. idk. everybody yells at Activision and whatnot for it. but hey. if you were a business, and you could just keep reusing the same product youve had for years to make new revenue, wouldnt you? i mean they dont have to waste resources on making a new engine, new sounds, new animations, new graphics new anything. the spend a little bit of money on the 5 hour campaign. make up some new textures to put on the same weapons and there you go, a brand new game that everyone is gunna buy again!....smart business really :P

but now i dont even know what im talking about anymore so...

[/rant]

LOl Its all good man,,,I'm actually waiting on battlefield DLC next month pretty cool..but Yeah I don't know if you play Arma? that game KICKS ASS! LOL I'm add you as a friend hoof.

but Yeah I don't know if you play Arma?

...im not a big FPS fan at all. ive only ever played BC2...

...as i said, ive only ever played BC2...

lol should answer your question lol. thanks for the add :)

Hey guys, just wanted to say that CoD has it when it comes to death match. But i like long warlistic game play then quick death matches. I do love BF3 but i still pop in BC2 just for the love of those maps. Anyway i have it for ps3 hit me up if u wanna play. heh psn ID is hymenchewer

• 1 month later...

As much as people like to make those claims, BF3 is not in the least realistic. Being a slower-paced twitch shooter does not make a game realistic.

You want realism? Play something more like ArmA. Then again, there are people who say even ArmA isn't as realistic as some others.

Edited by Halororor

BF3 is not a Battlefield game, it reminds me more of MW3 than classics like BF2 and 2142.

2142 is still the best and most balanced BF, I only hope Planetside 2 (a PC only title thank God) can fill the void left by the mainstream onslaught that has pretty much destroyed PC FPS's.

Well. I Think i will choose Modern Warfare 3 Because MW3 Have a Low Specs to Play, otherwise for Battilefield 3 to lag in My Computer because that must have high specs and Now i Want Setting ventrilo server For My Server Modern Warfare 3, But Yet Not Release Now. Edited by furuya091