This site STOLE my mod!

terry29291

You can get an attorney to issue a Cease and Desist Order which they may, or may not, obey. But most people don't want to through that much trouble and expense.

The Rabbit

The IP that Uploadas.com resolves to is based in France, which is probably why they don't care.

Best you could probably do is report the abuse to the network who owns the IP address: https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=149.202.75.241

Great they are back.

They were up before a few months back and they basically vacuumed up every mod on the nexus and were passing themselves off as the curators.

When told that legal action would be taken against them they laughed.

They only eventually took them down when told that pissing off hundreds of computer programmers would likely result in in their personal & bank account info being hacked.

If they don't respond to the legal threats again I suggest doing the other option. The fact they are a single individual or small group of people without political connections means the chances of legal backlash would be almost non existent.

One of mine is on there. It was there the last time the site was up. The description is copy/pasted from here (although a bit out of date) as it includes my username and my little permission statement at the bottom. Which was obviously ignored, if it was read at all :huh:

They have already made it clear they do not care about international copyright laws.

I say hit them with treats to hack their personal & bank account info in mass & they still keep at it then do it.

Just make sure you mask your IP address and use dummy email addresses.

Or conversely since they allow anyone to upload mods just upload something with a nasty virus on a timer.

Edited by zc123

Advocating one crime to solve another makes you no better than they are.