We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

I'll pm you the esp file. Thanks. Once I figure out what the hell is going on I should be able to start updating my mod like crazy, its the only thing holding me back now. I've flawlessly figured out the new method to creating new weapon nifs

:[

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone worked out how keep the khajiit ears/hair from vanishing when a helmet is put on? I've tried using the circlets as a base but it doesn't seem to show up in the game. All I get is a bald cat with no ears and 2 big holes in his head. Renaming a circlet has the same affect.

I wanted to create some new race specific helmets and whilst I was looking at the defaults ones I noticed the standard Dragon Scale helmet actually has slots for khajiit ears but as the game just seems to remove the ear geometry whenever a helmet is added all that remains is the large holes.

Has anyone worked out how keep the khajiit ears/hair from vanishing when a helmet is put on? I've tried using the circlets as a base but it doesn't seem to show up in the game. All I get is a bald cat with no ears and 2 big holes in his head. Renaming a circlet has the same affect.

I wanted to create some new race specific helmets and whilst I was looking at the defaults ones I noticed the standard Dragon Scale helmet actually has slots for khajiit ears but as the game just seems to remove the ear geometry whenever a helmet is added all that remains is the large holes.

Lets use Dragonscale helmet. Did you bring over the ARMA for dragonscalehelmet_khajiit and change its MOD2, MOD3(?) path for your new helmet. Then take that formID and apply it to one of the MODL on the ARMO dragonscalehelmet ?

(Reason why there is 4 MODL for almost all helmets in the game) each points to the 1 of 4 different ARMA entries

Edit: If you're not replacing any items, the ARMA formID needs to be unique.

Edited by Waaaghbafet

In terms of modding other things within the game, I was wondering if you guys knew what COCT, CNTO, CNAM, BNAM and NAM1 mean. (Used in the iron ingot recipe node - RecipeIngotIron.)

Edit: Worked out CNAM equals the form id of the item you're creating

Edit2: Sorry for spamming a bit guys found a tutorial for what I wanted anyway :)

Please link. I'm looking for what can be edited and how on the data aspect and can't find jack.

got everything working ...

now i'm wondering how do i set the amount of swords in the merchants inventory

In the CNTO you copy pasted, double click it. You need to change this number: http://i.imgur.com/NQsDe.jpg

So, no one can help in making the swords improvable at the grindstone?

got everything working ...

now i'm wondering how do i set the amount of swords in the merchants inventory

In the CNTO you copy pasted, double click it. You need to change this number: http://i.imgur.com/NQsDe.jpg

So, no one can help in making the swords improvable at the grindstone?

Alright, searching for how to improve weapons with the grindstone i found a good thing.

How to change the base damage of your new weapon. In the DATA of the WEAP, you need to change this hex: http://i.imgur.com/MOjZR.jpg

Don't try to change the "Short", it won't work, you need to input a hexadecimal directly.

Lets use Dragonscale helmet. Did you bring over the ARMA for dragonscalehelmet_khajiit and change its MOD2, MOD3(?) path for your new helmet. Then take that formID and apply it to one of the MODL on the ARMO dragonscalehelmet ?

(Reason why there is 4 MODL for almost all helmets in the game) each points to the 1 of 4 different ARMA entries

Edit: If you're not replacing any items, the ARMA formID needs to be unique.

Thanks, I'm not totally familiar with TESsnip so I wasn't sure what you meant with the ARMA part but I did make sense of the rest of it. Not sure it'll fix my problem though as the original Dragonscale Helmet has the same problem and I was looking to see if that was fixable first. I'll just go back to modeling and texturing until the kit comes out though I think. Far easier.