⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Has anyone figured out how to allow the Grindstone to recognize my new item? So I could upgrade it, etc.

The new item works as a stand-a-lone. But its just a duplicated Dragonscale Armor piece with new textures and EDID/FULL name.

Edited by Waaaghbafet

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim doesn't seem to be registering the esp file I created. I even went into my appdata folder to make sure it was listed on the plugin file, and it clearly is.

Uhm... but when I attempt to player.additem, it says the object id doesn't exisit. I even swapped the model directory of an exisiting sword I have in my inventory with the sword I modeled and no effect, original bethsoft model showed up.

Skyrim doesn't seem to be registering the esp file I created. I even went into my appdata folder to make sure it was listed on the plugin file, and it clearly is.

Uhm... but when I attempt to player.additem, it says the object id doesn't exisit. I even swapped the model directory of an exisiting sword I have in my inventory with the sword I modeled and no effect, original bethsoft model showed up.

If your item's formID is say... equal to 01444463 then to get the item, you may have to change 01 to 02. (leave it 01 within your esp. but in game call 02xxxxxx)

player.additem 02444463 1

Of course, replace these numbers with yours.

Edited by Waaaghbafet

imported new meshes into the skyrim nif and saved it

copy/paste over the nitrishapedata in another skyrim nif

corrected texture paths

and my meshes appear as exclamation marks ingame

Don't copy paste nitrishapedatas, it'll wipe UVs.

if it is a static like a sword, just import obj over a vanilla nitrishape. Then delete the mat and texture that gets imported from the mtl then hook up the shader node from a vanilla.

if it is skinned, then you probably should update to the 3.7 niftools and export a skyrim version nif. remember it needs a dismember modifier before export. delete the whole shader block and just take one from a vanilla nif. change the dismsmeber partition body part to one of the numbers, ie 32, instead of bp_torso, Update Tspace, and it should be good to go.

thanks ... going to try that :)

Ill try that, but see....

I replaced the daedric greatsword model with a re-routed nif path of my own, saved it, and it still appeared in game as the regular model.

There is other things you may need to change.

Copy the GRUP STAT over from skyrim.esm

Delete everything in that except "1stPersonDaedricGreatSword"

Change the MODL path to your new .nif path

???

PROFIT!

Edit: Also on the the weapon... The WNAM needs to be changed to the STAT's new formID (When you bring over 1stPersonDaedricGreatSword, gotta change its formID to something unique)

Copied from: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/WEAP

WNAM unknown formID Points to a STAT

Edited by Waaaghbafet

???

PROFIT!

Edit: Also on the the weapon... The WNAM needs to be changed to the STAT's new formID (When you bring over 1stPersonDaedricGreatSword, gotta change its formID to something unique)

Thank you, that even solve my problem :)

???

PROFIT!

Thank you, that even solve my problem :)

No problem :)

Took me hours to search exactly which entry it would be.

Don't want other people to suffer as well :D

Well i did a test. I merely tried changing the name of the daedric great sword and it had no effect. something else must be going on. I'm not getting any CTDs though...

Gotta be missing something. My [WIP] mod has working Armor and Weapon models (new textures too) that are separate from the vanilla ones. They work in inventory and in the world (1st/3rd person).

Maybe upload a zip copy of your .esp somewhere and post it here. I could take a look when I get home. >.>

Edited by Waaaghbafet