Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Thanks Lucubration, but I already found that out ;)

@reptoon

In the ARMO group there should also be MODL entries. depending on weather the item is offering different models for different races, there can be 1-3 I think.

Anyway, you need to link the MODL entry with your ARMA entry for the new item too. Just put the formID of your ARMA entry in there, and don't forget to click the square left to it, then save.

Edited by Ceekay9

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

using the 1st post as a guide, could i port assets eg Frostmourne, from TES4 to skyrim?

Yes. That's basically what it's for. I'm in the process of converting DemonZariche's Bustersword mod from Oblivion to Skyrim. The Nifskope part was easy. I'm having trouble getting the item to work as a new one with TESSnip.

Thanks Lucubration, but I already found that out ;)

@reptoon

In the ARMO group there should also be MODL entries. depending on weather the item is offering different models for different races, there can be 1-3 I think.

Anyway, you need to link the MODL entry with your ARMA entry for the new item too. Just put the formID of your ARMA entry in there, and don't forget to click the square left to it, then save.

HOLY crap. Can I say I love you?

I honestly been trying for 30+ hours. Wow..

Thank you!

Hi guys this seems like a helpful thread so I'll jsut ask my question instead of making a completely new thread :P

Like many others I have problem using TESsip due to my habit of actually having a creation kit/set available to mess around in.

Anyway I'm trying to make some weapons unenchanted but still available to be enchanted by myself. So far i've managed to remove enchants from two items but they're still not showing up on the enchanting table i've tried to reset the EITM and EAMT to 0 and to remove those two lines from the list of the item after i've copied the item to a new esp that of course. I've tried to follow the guide available on the skyrim nexus (tessnip skyrim simple plugin guide) but that guide doesn't really wxplain (atleast not for me) how to remove an enchant in tessnip and be able to add a new one using the arcane enchanting table.

Any help someone could deliver would be much appreciated and if i'm not making any sense in my writing I apologize for crappy english :P

And if this question doesn't belong here i'm sorry.

Thanks

**EDIT** Found the answer to my question thanks anyway.

Edited by Aeonz1337

I'm having a problem simply replacing the mesh. When i import the .obj everything works fine, i can even see the textures in NifSkope. But when i try it in game the only thing i see is the exclamation mark of missing meshes. When i try to do like this guide (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2158) suggest, i can see the mesh in game, but it has no textures. Someone have any ideas?

I'm having a problem simply replacing the mesh. When i import the .obj everything works fine, i can even see the textures in NifSkope. But when i try it in game the only thing i see is the exclamation mark of missing meshes. When i try to do like this guide (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2158) suggest, i can see the mesh in game, but it has no textures. Someone have any ideas?

lol at that guide. what happened with the UVs getting wiped is normal behaviour with that way at this point. He's writing a tutorial and doesn't seem to be able to even do it properly himself. :facepalm:

the obj import method works. you're just doing something wrong. since you have not described exactly what you did, all I can suggest is to try again.

Edited by Ghogiel