Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda scaling... scaling faces (or verts) in their normal direction. If you use max there is a modifier called push. It's not just scaling the mesh from its pivot or mesh center... it inflates the meshed faces evenly. Blender does it can't think of what it is called though. The flickering might be caused if the blood mesh is basically occupying the same space as the actual visible mesh, and zbuffer confusion ensues.

kinda scaling... scaling faces (or verts) in their normal direction. If you use max there is a modifier called push. It's not just scaling the mesh from its pivot or mesh center... it inflates the meshed faces evenly. Blender does it can't think of what it is called though. The flickering might be caused if the blood mesh is basically occupying the same space as the actual visible mesh, and zbuffer confusion ensues.

There's Extruding, and there's a Push/Pull option that seems like it does what you're describing.

yeah I think it is an extruding option iirc, is there and extrude by normal anywhere...? :unsure:

There is, however, I don't think extruding is the actual answer, since it ends up looking weird (like a bunch of blocks pasted together), or is it supposed to be this way with the edgeblood? Push/Pull seems to be what I'm looking for since it retains the shape of the blade...