I am a cheater.

Stronglav

I don't cheat in Fallout 4 except when I need to test something like whether a mod is working properly and even then its usually a matter of reloading an old save to ignore the consequences of something that happened as a result of my testing. Only time I use console commands for cheaty purposes is to spawn in a ton of enemies or to no clip to check something unreachable out.

Well depending on my mood sometimes I'll load up with a bunch of cheat mods and just go out and have fun pillaging and killing. Especially if I have War of the Commonwealth installed. After a while just doing quests and following the main story line (which I still haven't completed as yet) it just becomes too boring to me so I end up starting a new game, load up my cheats and just have fun for a while. :happy:

In my 3rd playthrough I have decided that every settler will have a standard weapon - the Recon Overcharged Laser Sniper Rifle. To do this I am modding pretty much every Laser Rifle or Pistol I get, and it requires huge amounts of raw materials. Like many people I get sick of finding that I need one screw to complete a mod so I just use player.additem to add batches of 1000 of each material at a time. I feel bad about it but what else can I do ?

I find some of the necessities of settlement building and maintenance to be tedious and decidedly "not fun". The collecting and scrapping and collecting and scrapping gets old quickly. player.placeatme allows me to bypass this tedium and do something fun, like find out what is hidden in that school over there.

Edited by RattleAndGrind

Yeah the crafting thing is annoying because who would not collect stuff way before the player came along? There are no factories making needed things only farmers and chem dealers busting their asses to keep people high and fed. I guess the implication from the opening movie is that with a near limitless energy supply, people produced so much stuff and consumed so much stuff that nobody would collect it all for a long time and since the population dramatically decreased from billions to thousands it kinda makes sense that a lot of stuff would still be laying around. I don't think a set of clothing would last 200 years though or a sweet roll either. All these factions that popped up after the war was over you think some of them would have build factories after a while but nope.

Only cheats I use are the "bat craft" mod and the "bat mat-ship" mod that adds a bunch of shipments to your inventory instead of raw crafting materials. Just dump the shipments into the workbench and get building. I just max out a pipe rifle to .45 recon short scope then give one to each settler that way I get the xp from crafting each one and each settler comes with a free pipe rifle. I don't use those jack up the perks mods or whatever since that is what power armor is for.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

It's a single player game, however you want to play it is valid if it's fun for you.

Exactly. I'm not sure a word like "cheating" is even relevant here. Beth balanced the game in a certain way. You've now bought the game, it's your property, so why not mod it to better suit your tastes, whether that means downloading mods or using the console?

To be fair, that's the great thing about Beth games. I find it virtually impossible to go from one of their games to something like, say, Assassin's Creed, where the developers force you to play in a very specific way.

Edited by crawe1x