BSN is shutting down; files there could be lost.

Tarshana

Hello peeps,

Just a few questions before I try do anything...

1) Is 'Projects' on BSN the only place I need to be looking at? NB! I noted I have 542 pages as opposed to I think it says 417 in the instructions.

2) In Project ID List does bold mean that project ID is done or WIP?

3) What is the best way to track an author down? Are there any author 'hangout' spots other than Nexus, ModDB, Youtube, Reddit(?) that I should know about? I don't travel too far from these places myself so don't really know, sorry... :confused:

I think that is about it, for now, and I will try my first entry hopefully this evening. Cheers in advance! :smile:

1. Yes, that's the place where all the mods can be found. It's interesting that you would have 542 pages, are you part of private groups on BSN ? In that case, you'd be the only one I know of to have access to these mods, and be able to save them.

2. As written in the column's tooltip, "IDs in boldface require logging in to view".

3. The best way to find an author is to google his name. Which website doesn't really matter as long as the author is still active there. There is an example in the instructions. For example, if you are searching for tmp7704, you'd google eg : "tmp7704" dragon age. The quotes are important so that google only sends results that contain his name exactly.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello peeps,

Just a few questions before I try do anything...

1) Is 'Projects' on BSN the only place I need to be looking at? NB! I noted I have 542 pages as opposed to I think it says 417 in the instructions.

2) In Project ID List does bold mean that project ID is done or WIP?

3) What is the best way to track an author down? Are there any author 'hangout' spots other than Nexus, ModDB, Youtube, Reddit(?) that I should know about? I don't travel too far from these places myself so don't really know, sorry... :confused:

I think that is about it, for now, and I will try my first entry hopefully this evening. Cheers in advance! :smile:

1. Yes, that's the place where all the mods can be found. It's interesting that you would have 542 pages, are you part of private groups on BSN ? In that case, you'd be the only one I know of to have access to these mods, and be able to save them.

2. As written in the column's tooltip, "IDs in boldface require logging in to view".

3. The best way to find an author is to google his name. Which website doesn't really matter as long as the author is still active there. There is an example in the instructions. For example, if you are searching for tmp7704, you'd google eg : "tmp7704" dragon age. The quotes are important so that google only sends results that contain his name exactly.

Thanks CreeperLava,

Hope you are well! :smile:

1. Hmmm... not sure. Unfortunately it seems I cannot 'jump to page' in anyway so don't know what is at the bottom of the list. I'll try and see if feel like clicking 53 times this evening :laugh: (even then I am not entirely sure what I would be looking for exactly...)

2. Aha! Thanks for that, missed that! Right. I noticed none of these say 'Completed' or anything, but it says to search Project ID to avoid overlapping work. Is it just a case of searching the workbook, or am I just being an idiot?? :tongue:

3. Cool, that is what I figured. Just thought I'd make sure as the 'moddersphere' seems to be getting bigger and bigger!

1. To jump to a specific page, you can simply modify the URL. There should be an example in the instructions :smile:.

2. I don't think it should be necessary to search for a project ID. It depends if gift and Tarshana want to switch to the ID inventory instead of the page inventory. For now, we have been using the Inventory Status tab to know who does what and avoid overlap. You take a page, and you complete it, simple as that (detailed instructions are in the first tab and in the header).

Edit : Oh, and hi Tarshana !

Edited by CreeperLava

1. To jump to a specific page, you can simply modify the URL. There should be an example in the instructions :smile:.

2. I don't think it should be necessary to search for a project ID. It depends if gift and Tarshana want to switch to the ID inventory instead of the page inventory. For now, we have been using the Inventory Status tab to know who does what and avoid overlap. You take a page, and you complete it, simple as that (detailed instructions are in the first tab and in the header).

Edit : Oh, and hi Tarshana !

Neat on the URL change... I should have thought of that! Easy! Should have read the instructions too (although to be fair I did read quite a bit and between all the pages there is a lot to get up to speed on!)

As for tracking progress, that was how I thought it was being done. Not sure what to do about these 'extra' pages I have though, don't wanna mess up the system... Hmmm... I don't suppose there is any way to compare with what someone else has??

@Tarshana Hey thanks for the heads up, I have seen the chat there and will definitely drop a message if I get stuck :smile:

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out, I have the same number as everyone else. :facepalm:

At least nothing to worry about and makes life easier!

Start at the Inventory tab and look down where you see our names on the Page Numbers. I am currently on http://social.bioware.com/browse_bw_projects.php?page_num=66&project_search=Search&view=0&project_category_id=&status=&sort=1 but you can change the page number to 69 and start from there. If you start to type in something that is already present, it will try to auto fill for you so you know you are not doing a double entry.

I go through the pages every morning and check for double entries based on download numbers. Even if we do have double entries we can fix it later.

Take a peek at the contacted mod author page, too, you will recognize some names. If you are uncomfortable contacting an , put an asterisk next to your lines at "contacted mod author" and I will do it for you .