BSN is shutting down; files there could be lost.

Tarshana

Thanks Mr. Thandal. I am working with both bsn and fextra to let them know where to find the mods LEGITIMATELY. If you have any instance of known theft PLEASE let me know so I can talk to the mods there and they will be taken down. I just had to lay down the hammer at bsn because someone was listing mods. Grrr. Hair ripping. I am very passionate about preserving the information so thank you for your kind words :)

MohoFish- I have added tmp7704 on Origin. We might get lucky. I am updating all the builders stuff tonight before finishing more pages.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen the popup that appeared recently on BSN ? It warns that the projects are now read-only and will be taken down eventually (though no time limit is given). So, we have our confirmation.

I saw a message a few days ago that I thought seemed new... rechecking...

Oh wow. That message I didn't see, since I didn't log in. I'll screenshot that and add it to the website.

I really hate when I'm right about stuff like this. Screw them for waiting until the forum was read-only to implement this message on BSN.

@Tarsh -- Man, getting tmp's attention would be nice.

----

It's really shitty how passive BioWare is being about this. If Nexus were to fold, I expect it would send out a blanket email to all users -- especially modders -- to get their attention and let them know they need to re-host their content elsewhere.

Instead, BioWare puts up a blog post, closes their forum, and then puts up a notification on a site that's already been read-only for TWO YEARS (and that most folks are not logging into regularly) to let them know all content will be removed "sometime".

They have every BSN modder's email. They could at least send out a notice. Jesus.

Makes me feel even more confident in my decision to no longer give them any of my money. Grrr.

Yes I saw that and I expected it. Going to put my blunt foot forward: Bioware cannot be trusted to tell the truth anymore.

They tell the truth... just only the convenient parts... and only when they decide they want to share.

Alright, moving on. None of it is surprising, anyway. Blarg.

EA does not want bad publicity for ME:A. They are taking down public forums because they are public and it is hard to keep up with thousands of users. Using Twitface they have more control. I am calling a spade a spade, as they say.

I just saw the new "gameplay" release for ME:A . I wish I was impressed :( So it is as you say, no more money to them. I made a 10 page summery of everything wrong with DA: I. I have not spread my opinion around but after that I cannot trust they will focus on story and content. It is all about the instant gratification with shiny objects and blowing stuff up. Which is okay but is that not what Battlefield is for?

Anyway, back to the topic hehe. I have some other avenues to pursue in finding tmp and several other modders. Thankfully a lot of modders have work here and on blogs and personal websites. I am slowly getting information out there for people. I am hoping that people read the various posts around and will seek me out if they are in need of help. I have had to squash about 28 posts now of people trying to put the mods up themselves.

Fingers crossed all is not lost!

What these people need to do is help with the inventory.

If they want to ensure mods stay available, they need to help us contact authors, so the authors know. Half the problem (probably 3/4) is that the authors don't know. Once they know, hopefully most will take care of it themselves.

I know Nexus was looking into putting up something to help us out. Now that it is official, I'll touch base again with SirSalami and see what he has to say :)

If we could get a section in DA and ME for BSN Legacy Projects and allow me to put up a disclaimer and get mods in touch with us for take downs then that would be ideal. There is an option when uploading projects to assign a person to edit/manage the mods, so I could include you, Creeper and/or admins to facilitate this. That would make this whole thing 1000000000 times easier. Would also be wise , if this is possible, to get a sticky/pinned note in the DA and ME mod forums. Then everyone's tail is covered and no one loses anything. Maybe I am wishful thinking but hey, small steps right?

If we could get a section in DA and ME for BSN Legacy Projects and allow me to put up a disclaimer and get mods in touch with us for take downs then that would be ideal. There is an option when uploading projects to assign a person to edit/manage the mods, so I could include you, Creeper and/or admins to facilitate this. That would make this whole thing 1000000000 times easier. Would also be wise , if this is possible, to get a sticky/pinned note in the DA and ME mod forums. Then everyone's tail is covered and no one loses anything. Maybe I am wishful thinking but hey, small steps right?

I'll let you know when I hear from SirSalami... who I still need to PM.

I'd definitely say no more than 3 people with mod managing privileges. I really don't even like that many, since with each person it's a greater security issue. If Creeper and you want to add each other when posting a mod, I'd say that's probably okay. If you're uploading on behalf of another author here on Nexus, then they should be listed, as well. In that last case, though, we really want them to manage their own mod. We don't want to have to do it for them -- we have enough to do.

Ack... and I'll work on getting that page up for mod authors on the BCN site, as well.

Edited by moho25