Two great ways to make Skyrim harder!

Narusuke2787

Mybe its me but having to use commands to increase difficulty, doing any kind of leveling tweaking actually, is a major immersion killer for me. I cant imagine wanting to move forward after that... even if the game is easy.

Im a level 50 nord, sword and shield, heavy armor and i kill bandits mostly with one powerstrike. I kind of like that... ima dragonborn... blood of a dragon and if i am in a swordfight with a some dumb bandits then i feel its cool to end them with a swing of my sword. Makes me feel powerful :) Any real challange, when i have to really use some potioons, are boss battles. You know those guys at the "dragon" walls...

Funny thing is, i dont feel any loss of immersion if anyone makes a mod that increases difficulty in a way i dont know about... you know, adds some levels to enemy when i dont know about it then its fine :) Its just adds difficulty... its all i want to know! I think im weird... :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won't it make the leveling process harder.. since it takes you more time to level as you get higher in levels so you could start with level one stats with level 15-20 difficulty and it will take you a lot longer to actually level up.

...unless.. is it harder for me to go beyond level 41 because most of the skills i use are already maxed out?!

using these console codes even on master where i play does me no good as a stealth assassin, i'm level 41, no smithing/alchemy/enchanting at all and still 1 hit everything even giants mammoths dragons etc....reason i say this, i pretty much never get hit or even seen and when i do get seen i just crouch in combat and get an insta kill cause of the dagger backstab cause of the shadow warrior perk ( the last sneak perk @ 100 )

iv started to actually pay for training in my light armor which i really hate as i never pay for training, but i need to if i want to max it and get more lvls ><

my character was gamebreaking good using potions to make enchanting better to make potions better to make enchanting better to make smithing better

/facepalm

That's like me saying "The game is easy on mater as a naked mage. A simple kill command in the console kills even dragons!!!".

Are you really suprised an exploit makes the game easy? Really?

Ok, the whole second page of this thread has been full of negative nancy's. This post is just here to help those who want a more challenging experience.

@Matth85: There is a HUGE difference between using console commands to "kill dragons" and using them to make the game actually more challenging. There is even a bigger difference between realizing that what you're saying is that I basically do the same as putting in a cheat because I use in-game systems that bethesda acknowledged and implemented.

@666Joker: I really doubt you one hit sneak attack dragons. Considering they swoop down on you and you're already revealed. Sneak attacks only work when you can initiate. And they don't necessarily always work in group combat situations. But I feel you. I'm playing the same type of character and assassins with dual power attack sneak daggers are very powerful with + 1 handed damage gear, 1 handed dmg perks, sneak tree, and dark brotherhood gear.

@lichey: There is a mod that also makes for slower skill gains. combined with player.advlevel, it works pretty well to quell that sort of gap in level representation/skill levels. or you can just keep the advlevel closer to your "true" level to avoid this problem. That's why I only use it to increase my level by 25% of my true level. Makes things hard, but not impossible. allows for enough perks, but not so many that your choices are brainless.

@valguse: I'm glad that you feel the normal game suffices. I just think that one shotting everything in the game and having it be a cakewalk kills immersion a lot more than having to look at a console for 5 seconds as you set yourself up for a more rich gaming experience eternally. But that's only if you aren't satisfied with the regular difficulty parameters. In your case you are, so cheers.

Look what I quoted. Had nothing to do with your tips, since I find that OK. It was your reasonng for them. Saying it is easy since you exploited the crafting to the max, and I compared it to kill-commanding stuff, and comlaining it is easy.

And no, it was not intented. That argument is like saying the crashing was intended, the clipping was intended, the non-destruction scaling. No, a lot of things is out of balance. The crating synenergy is one of them.

You exploit it, as many others, then complain the game is easy. /facepalm.

Other than that, I got nothing against your tips for making the game harder.

Ok, the whole second page of this thread has been full of negative nancy's. This post is just here to help those who want a more challenging experience.

@666Joker: I really doubt you one hit sneak attack dragons. Considering they swoop down on you and you're already revealed. Sneak attacks only work when you can initiate. And they don't necessarily always work in group combat situations. But I feel you. I'm playing the same type of character and assassins with dual power attack sneak daggers are very powerful with + 1 handed damage gear, 1 handed dmg perks, sneak tree, and dark brotherhood gear.

actually a handful of times i have killed dragons that fast and never been spotted, just sneak up on them while they are on the ground or sitting on the word walls etc, also it helps to use shadow warrior cause you can get the crits to fire off still and they go down quick!

also an easy way to get them to land on the ground is to use a bow then switch over to daggers or w/e you use

Dang Joker looks like you're just pwnin it up! haha yeah I was thinking about that more after I posted and figured maybe it was the wordwall dragons or when dragons swoop down on prey like elk and bears and get distracted. I'll have to deploy that tactic because I've made the game very hard for myself at this point and dragons 2 shot me. Happy adventures!

Matth85: I bet you are the coolest person ever. I weep for the fact that I'll never meet you in real life. My life is forever deprived. Somehow, I'll manage to get by. Don't facepalm your beautiful self too hard now. BTW Bethesda obviously DID intend for those "Synergies". And for any other exploits. There's a difference between bugs (not intended) and fundamental design flaws (intended). I'm a game developer myself so maybe educate yourself or experience yourself before flappin that wonderjaw of yours. You don't develop a game for 5 years, have a QA department screaming at you for 2 of those years, and release a game with "unintentional" exploits. That's just naive to think so.

Onlyonewing: Thanks man. I completely agree. Most Skyrim gamers are returning fans of the Elder Scrolls series and thus know the tricks of the trade. When it gets down to it, yes players like MattH can say "well you shouldnt take advantage of things clearly put in the game for you to take advantage of if it makes the game too easy", but in contrast, I feel like developers shouldn't implement fail design tactics like that. It should be balanced to the point where things are difficult enough to where you have to use EVERY advantage to just get by.

And for you fanboys that say "IM THE MOTHER F*CKIN DAVOHKIN I SHOULD BE ONE SHOTTING THINGS" really? You have...what? maybe 5% diluted dragonblood in your veins and you think you're entitled to troll full blood ancient dragons like it's no big thang? pssh.

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely in the same boat: once I started messing around with smithing and enchanting, the game just wasn't fun at all anymore. Nothing was even a minor challenge, even on Master. Where I messed up was once I hit 100 smithing and enchanting, I drank an Enchanter's Elixir and made a full set (4 pieces) of +28% smithing gear, wore that, drank a Blacksmith's Elixir to further increase upgrades by 50% for a total of +162%, improved a full set of Dragonscale gear and Daedric gear (for follower), THEN drank another Enchanter's Elixir and double-enchanted all the armor and a handful of weapons for different situations. With Fortify Destruction enchants on 4 pieces of gear, Destruction spells are free to cast. Also, enchanting makes money completely trivial (craft iron daggers, enchant them with Paralyze and Banish using petty gems, they're worth like 2k apiece).

Hoo, boy, did I break this game.

It's really a shame, because I was so infatuated with it initially (been playing Elder Scrolls games since Daggerfall). Trouble is, I'm playing on XBOX 360 (wasn't sure my laptop could handle it...turns out after cleaning the fans with a can of compressed air, it definitely can), and so obviously don't have access to console commands.

I think I will reroll though and just not touch smithing or enchanting for the whole playthrough. If I'm forced to use "found" gear and play on Master, I think it'll be plenty fun, at least for a good while, maybe up to the finish.

Thanks for the post; I'm happy to know that someone else was in a similar situation. Maybe I'll sell my XBOX copy on eBay and pickup a copy for PC after all. Was planning on it eventually anyway, with the talented modding community out there.