ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Two great ways to make Skyrim harder!

Narusuke2787

Pure win, saved me the trouble of finding somethin else to do while i wait out the CS. My only 2 beefs with skyrim is how easy it is even on master and the HP regen. Cant belive i didnt think to use the console for that i think ill be setting the hp regen to 0 lol.

I used a sneaky archer type as sneak has never worked before and using bows was never really much fun in past titles but there to good, Mage type now so its just that bit more of a *censored* lol

Ya Im pretty damn glad I found these mods as well.....makes the game fun again.

I played on yesterday, keeping the 15 level increase - it's possible to play, but damn hard :-)

I really needed to use the weak AI on a lot of occasions to get through, gaining points here and there to level up 3 times ,now level 23=8. I also avoid gaining points with smithing/alchemy and so on, so pure gains from actually playing the game as a one handed fighter with archery/sneaking mixed in (otherwise I didn't see how to beat anyone at all, need ranged combat as you die to quickly in melee)..

With this I could actually beat a couple of bandits at Valtheim Towers and finally the Draugr with the Dragon Stone by running around this hall all time shooting like 100+ arrows to take him down :-) I also for first time used a race bonus of my redguard (adrenaline rush), which was nice. I never bothered before as you win easily without using it - now you really need to use all that there is.

It's definitely a huge challenge with this setup of +15, bordering on frustrating at times. I guess maybe 10 or 8 levels is a more balanced way to try.

lol sounds like good times.

I usually do most of my playing on weekends since I'm usually pretty damn tired from work during the week, I'll post my progress on playing with +17 levels.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to make it clear and have it in a post.

could someone knowledgeable explain which mods to install to

a) increase enemies levels

b) set your own max level adequately to the stronger enemies

i don`t want to change the specs the creators set. but i would like to give enemies +10 levels nevertheless.

can i do this on my current character or would i have to start all over again?

thanks for your attention and if this is totally off topic please hint me elsewhere...

After I finished the main quest at level 47-ish (I did DB Theives and several other side quests first before finishing Main, I'm 58 now), I started using potions and enchanted items for creating better smithing and enchanted items... For the next days I played with uber weapons and found it fun at first killing everything. Until I got bored. Now I've started playing using an unchanted set of glass armor and weapons. Smithed though using perks and 100 smithing skill, but not a single enchantment on any of them. Mages just go through me LOL. Brings back the excitement.

EDIT: So I tried my first dungeon today with unchanted stuff. Mostly I have been running around the surface and. Well, a Draugr Overlord killed me in like two shots of arrows. Ouch. While shooting 10 arrows at him barely got his life down to a third.

Edited by chanchan05

just to make it clear and have it in a post.

could someone knowledgeable explain which mods to install to

a) increase enemies levels

b) set your own max level adequately to the stronger enemies

i don`t want to change the specs the creators set. but i would like to give enemies +10 levels nevertheless.

can i do this on my current character or would i have to start all over again?

thanks for your attention and if this is totally off topic please hint me elsewhere...

a) You do not need to install any mods for this. Simply press the " ` " button(beside the 1) in game and type in "player.advlevel 1"(without the quotes) then hit enter, redo this as many times as you would like the enemies to be above you, each time counts as 1 level.

b) Never tried to raise level cap yet.

Edited by tjmontario

thanks for rep. my patience is hard tested though. now elys uncapper tells me i have to install skse. for which i couldn`t find any installation details at all. i guess i am just not cut out for this kind of game.

meh back to battlefield i guess. no modding there luckily.

After a couple of days playing, It seems that you really don't need to do all this to make Skyrim Harder. The console commands and mods?

Playing as a Bosmer archer that got a bit overpowered due to enchantments to enhance smithing and enchanting and alchemy, playing it with only smithing perk usage is still hard. As in my previous post, I am now using an unenchanted set of glass armor, no smithing put on it, and an improved legendary glass bow with no enchantments. I got no items that increase my damage nor resistances other than what I get for being a werewolf and bosmer. Well, the game got HARD. Went into the dungeons for the Gauldur quest. Draugr Overlords need like 10-20 arrows to kill them, while you get shot down with 3 or 4 shots. The bosses kill me in one or two blows. And this is despite me having 100 archery and 90+light armor with perks. I could live with the damage severely reduced, but I think I may have to smith the armor, against a boss with minions who can kill you in 4 shots, that's a death wish. Learned that going against Signis.

Anyone else tried this with a 15 level increase? It is really, really difficult. I tried without any smithing, enchanting, alchemy - basically just wearing stock armor - I really get beat up a lot and need LOTS of healing potions to just stay alive :-) Ancient Vampires are or a bunch on Forsworn dual wielders are just deadly. It actually feels like the game it should be on master difficulty - it's possible, but really tough. What amazes me the most is how much damage I take in fight while even having armor on 400+. Usually by this point you have easily above 600 and some enchantments and this seems to be a huge difference (I am on level 42 now = 27 for real).

This is kind of clever, thanks for posting this. The only drawback I find is that items still scale with the enemies. To fix that would require a mod though as far as I can tell.

Another thing to note is that if you don't like the disparity between bosses and mooks to be so large, you can turn your difficulty slider down, and then just use a higher bonus to the base level.

don`t make any sense to me not to use a skill the designers included. i didn`t "exploit" smithing and enchanting in a way that wan`t meant to be i think. i brought both to 100 and have 5 perks in enchant plus the double item enchant perk.

my reasoning is the designers want you to be game breakingly good after some point. was the same in morrowind with potions that made you jump over mountains.

i already was level 66 when i used the console to add 20 levels. likely it would have taken a much bigger effect had i done this at start of game. but as it is there is no significant change in game difficulty.

what i did now is dress my mage wholy in dwarven armor and go out there become a fighter. which is now kinda challenging. but still i can play this game on master difficulty. with 20 levels added to enemies. with a mage in a fighter outfit. and i can`T really die. i mean of course i can but i have to behave like a total ass to achieve this. as it is i need no skills nor shouts or anything. it`s enough to go in there with heavy armor and a sword. you can fight good or bad in skyrim. speaking of timing and usage of mighty blows and what not. but it don`t matter. and it`s not lacking npc ai. they are surprisingly good fighters most times. the problem is simply the enemies are in such huge disadvantage to the player character in terms of speed.

i.e. how fast they regain after getting knocked. so skyrim being a great game i still got this to say:

i am diappointed by game balance.