Archery Auto-Targetting

Narmix

Well I applaud your efforts, in any case. :)

Regarding where exactly they should be in the ini, have you tried putting them under [Combat], instead of [Actor]? The first auto-aim discoveries (f1PArrowTiltUpAngle) are suggested to go there.

Also, I do have a fairly high Archery skill (64). I just test-shot a few more arrows (using the suggestion I wrote here) and saw no difference, although I do want to take the opportunity to confirm that the curving is ONLY happening to arrows that I aim high, at head-level. Any arrows I aim left or right of the torso/legs do not bend. So, whatever this mechanic is, it's only affecting shots that come close to the head area.

Edited by Moogiefluff

I haven't had too much luck with this so far, but I seem to take to archery and for the most part, usually hit my target, even if they are moving. But at one time, I used to do archery and know how to track my target, so I guess that real life experience helps ... that is when the mouse works with me..heh. :tongue:

I' ve found the complete opposite. My arrows seem to hit cover more readily than the target even when there seems to be over half to aim at. Trying to shoot a bandit stood behind one of those loose stake fences resulted in no damage to the bandit, but 4 arrows neatly embedded in the one stake, enough to put Robin Hood himself to shame. I think WarKirby3333 is right with his large hitbox theory, in this case a 150mm stake being more like 500mm.

I can honestly say I've never had this happen to me before, no matter how far I am. If the arrow is above them, it either hits the large hitbox and the arrow sticks out in a grazed area, or it misses.

The only time I noticed something remotely close was when I was Crucifying a corpse of a Necromancer - I shot her wrist from point blank and the arrow went into her arm - I figured it was due to the way the arrow comes out of the player at such range.

Another reason not to buy consoles. Games are so dumbed down its funny to see threads like this, not that the op is funny, its the fact that auto targeting is well known on consoles, its needed to keep players bying them as no autoaim would sink the console market, fact. You tube videos of gaming heroes showing the prowess they have in sniping folks in cod or mw2, etc, are simply autoaim geeks, and they get laughed at, not with.

It was sad the game was made for consoles as it is very dumbed down verse what it should be for the pc, nothing beat the mouse keyboard combo action and this has been proven on testing forays with console players getting eaten alive by pc users during one such famous test where auto aim was disabled entirely for the console, those little gamepads are not accurate, nor fast reacting enough, and the console users were decimated, scrapping potential plans for cross platform servers. You console players will note a selection in the basic menu for autoaim or aimassist, its called several things in many titles.

If you ever do disable the autoaim for your console you will find your skyrim experience much more difficult, if not simply unenjoyable, unless that is what you are looking for.

Edited by possum440

I have had a real mixed experience with this, I agree there is some degree of auto targeting going on but I suppose it is there for the third-person players. I don't get how anyone can do precision aiming in third person view. I have sent a few arrows at my foe and have said arrows zip right past them.

interesting theory about the hit-boxes when the CK comes out it might be possible to alter their geometry to suit the mesh.