Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

8PM Eastern?! REALLY?! Why can't they just unlock it at midnight like normal people and not most of the way through the release day?

All of those times are 00:00 UTC. It will be released simultaneously right around the globe, at the speed of internet.

The one terrible thing about going digital. They should just have it unlock at midnight in each specific timezone, not all at once where some people have to wait the entirety of the day to play a game that should have been available hours earlier. It frustrates me as much as Deus Ex not unlocking until noon on release day.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been modding TES since Morrowind. When I make the switch, I'm planning on playing through not modded at all for once

I might install the Remaster version into a separate folder and check it out since it is free. Maybe mod it up if SKSE, Mod Organizer, etc. get updated for the new version.

But I will definitely be keeping my current Skyrim modded install going. I put too much time and effort into getting a stable Skyrim playing nicely. Plus I'm still playing the game on a regular basis. There is still a ton of great mods to check out. :smile:

I've been modding TES since Morrowind. When I make the switch, I'm planning on playing through not modded at all for once

I had the same idea but then I realized what my options for weapons would be. #Paddles

Just use your fists like real men.

I have been having the same idea, of using just bug fixes and a UI mod. I have done nothing like that since years ago. To test how stable it is before modding the s#*! out if it again.

It time for a master save file, the first, the one and only, before the others came after. And breeze home shall be my castle.

What kind of build are you guys doing for the first run? I have been thinking a bound warrior (armor spells, bound battle axe.) a dual axe barbarian or the glass warrior (like ebony, but glass.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/

Skyrim Special Edition arrives in a few weeks on October 28, and for anyone that owns the main game and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn), you will receive Skyrim Special Edition separately in your Steam Library at no additional cost.

Eligible Skyrim purchasers include:

Anyone that owns Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam.

Anyone that owns Skyrim and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn) on Steam.

To ensure eligibility, you must own all Skyrim content on Steam on or before October 28th.

Skyrim Special Edition will be available for purchase at its global release time of 12am UTC on Friday, October 28. Region-specific unlock times include:

5pm Pacific Time (October 27)

8pm Eastern Time (October 27)

1am British Summer Time (October 28)

2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)

11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)

1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)

- and yes, it'll be a separately added entry in your game list.

8PM Eastern?! REALLY?! Why can't they just unlock it at midnight like normal people and not most of the way through the release day?

You are aware that the eastern seaboard of the United States isn't the only place in the world, right?

Y2K was a dud but what gonna happen a 12am UTC on Friday, October 28. Region-specific times include: 5pm Pacific Time (October 27) 8pm Eastern Time (October 27) 1am British Summer Time (October 28) 2am Central European Summer Time (October 28) 11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28) 1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th) I wonder... with world wide release at same time? Probable nothing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/

Skyrim Special Edition arrives in a few weeks on October 28, and for anyone that owns the main game and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn), you will receive Skyrim Special Edition separately in your Steam Library at no additional cost.

Eligible Skyrim purchasers include:

Anyone that owns Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam.

Anyone that owns Skyrim and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn) on Steam.

To ensure eligibility, you must own all Skyrim content on Steam on or before October 28th.

Skyrim Special Edition will be available for purchase at its global release time of 12am UTC on Friday, October 28. Region-specific unlock times include:

5pm Pacific Time (October 27)

8pm Eastern Time (October 27)

1am British Summer Time (October 28)

2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)

11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)

1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)

- and yes, it'll be a separately added entry in your game list.

You are aware that the eastern seaboard of the United States isn't the only place in the world, right?

Of course, but they should release it at midnight in each time zone.