Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

I feel like a girl in real life even though I'm a guy so to me it's as natural to play a girl as for a regular guy to play a guy. Or a regular girl to play a girl. But for some reason, I am a guy that wishes he was a girl even though I'm attracted to girls too. But I don't want to be this way. If I could choose I would choose being a guy that is glad to be a guy over being a guy that wishes he was a girl like I am. That's why I'll never try to dress like a girl or get a sex change irl. Because I won't be a girl I'd be a transvestite. There's a difference imho. So I'm stuck as a guy so, dang it I might as well enjoy it. Right?

I feel you, I am a straight male with no interest in ever being transgender, but damn if I dont feel like I would make a better girl than I do a guy. I think I was born the wrong sex but thats ok, so fantasy games are the only time I can actually "be" a girl. So thats why I play a female character.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, as a straight male, it doesn't make a difference for me if not for the fact that I can't help but try to make my female characters pretty or at least cute. It's a huge waste of time so I tend to play as male characters because at least then I play as the character rather than endlessly fussing over their appearance. I can see myself playing as a female character if not for the fact that a lot of people who would see me playing would think I'm either perverted or confused regarding my gender. I probably have enough people thinking I'm weird and have no life, I'd rather not have people questioning why my female characters' rear ends are always on my screen. Or for instance why they would or wouldn't have large... tracts of land. Really, I feel like I can make a male character have whatever weight I like, but I feel like a weirdo changing a female character's weight and seeing the result.

Honestly, as a straight male, it doesn't make a difference for me if not for the fact that I can't help but try to make my female characters pretty or at least cute. It's a huge waste of time so I tend to play as male characters because at least then I play as the character rather than endlessly fussing over their appearance. I can see myself playing as a female character if not for the fact that a lot of people who would see me playing would think I'm either perverted or confused regarding my gender. I probably have enough people thinking I'm weird and have no life, I'd rather not have people questioning why my female characters' rear ends are always on my screen. Or for instance why they would or wouldn't have large... tracts of land. Really, I feel like I can make a male character have whatever weight I like, but I feel like a weirdo changing a female character's weight and seeing the result.

Yeah. I feel worried about what other people say about me too. So sometimes I like to make a male nord paladin because I do in fact have a masculine side too. But I just identify more with women.

I try not to let what other people think about me affect MY game.

HATERZ GONNA HATE,

LYERS GONNA LY,

CRAZIES GONNA CRAZE,

CRYERS GONNA CRY.

Stay true to yourself.

Right on. :thumbsup:

I absolutely do not care what other people think about me playing as a girl. They can think I'm a creepy, pervy horn-dog who can't get enough of looking at pixel women, or the opposite - that I'm gay, or have gender identity issues, lack masculinity, whatever. I could not care less. I do what I want because I like it. If people think well of me, great. If not, well, they can kiss my ...

I think it's sad when people let opinions of others prevent them from being happy with themselves. It's your life, not theirs.

Just knowing some people out there are so insecure about playing as a girl or think poorly of guys that do, makes me want to play as a girl even more!

I posted on a youtube video that I was a guy, but if I got 30 likes Id play the storyline as an old lady. I got more than 30. LOL. I have yet to do it, but still, who's to say I won't? I think that most people just play guys, because it seems more realistic. I mean, when you think of a male warrior, what do you think of? Muscular, tough, ready to bash in your face, mean, good with a weapon, and all these things that you don't think of when you imagine a female warrior. I mean come on! A large muscular woman with a battleaxe and a horned helmet? The only women you can imagine doing that are female bodybuilders, IMO. Cuz, they're pretty much the only women on the earth who intend to get strong and muscular, instead of skinny. Edited by BeastlyBeast

I try to switch up what type of girl character I'm playing, but usually my guys are tough and muscular.

I almost never make an evil character. Even when I have so much fun playing as one. My mind doesn't like to kill innocents... or pickpocket... or steal a horse. It's especially bad for me in Elder Scrolls Games because there are consequences for killing someone. (They never come back and possible fine) I won't even kill Nazeem in Whiterun.

This brings up a related issue to guys playing girls: Good People Playing Bad People. Can you be evil when you are a goodie two shoes in real life like I am?

This brings up a related issue to guys playing girls: Good People Playing Bad People. Can you be evil when you are a goodie two shoes in real life like I am?

i'm a goodie-two-shoes irl. i "can" play evil characters... however, i'd hate every minute of it. sometimes roleplaying demands such sacrifices. Though I couldn't be evil playing black & white (that's an oldie), no matter how hard I tried. That’s pretty lame I know.

---edit typo

Edited by Invisible Man

I try to switch up what type of girl character I'm playing, but usually my guys are tough and muscular.

I almost never make an evil character. Even when I have so much fun playing as one. My mind doesn't like to kill innocents... or pickpocket... or steal a horse. It's especially bad for me in Elder Scrolls Games because there are consequences for killing someone. (They never come back and possible fine) I won't even kill Nazeem in Whiterun.

I'm a really nice person, but if I had GTA, the first thing I'd do is steal a car and shoot the previous driver, and then drive on the sidewalk, hoping to run over people. Then, I'd send the police attacking me to the hospital. :P Okay, maybe not that. I'd probably never pick up GTA, but...

In WoW I played Horde chars b4 I played Alliance chars. In Oblivion, I stole and murdered my way through the game. In Fable, if someone made me mad, I'd kill him. You can be nice, and enjoy causing mayhem and destruction in a game. It's just a game. People involved in psychological studies can say that you act out what you play, and that's bad if you enjoy violent games, but I've never seen a guy murdered in cold blood by a guy wearing steel armor, holding a greatsword...

Edited by BeastlyBeast

I'm a really nice person, but if I had GTA, the first thing I'd do is steal a car and shoot the previous driver, and then drive on the sidewalk, hoping to run over people. Then, I'd send the police attacking me to the hospital. :P Okay, maybe not that. I'd probably never pick up GTA, but...

In WoW I played Horde chars b4 I played Alliance chars. In Oblivion, I stole and murdered my way through the game. In Fable, if someone made me mad, I'd kill him. You can be nice, and enjoy causing mayhem and destruction in a game. It's just a game. People involved in psychological studies can say that you act out what you play, and that's bad if you enjoy violent games, but I've never seen a guy murdered in cold blood by a guy wearing steel armor, holding a greatsword...

I'm glad you have fun that way. I do too. But my brain tells me to stay away from it. I have GTA and the first thing I did... was obey the law I didn't speed or steal or murder. But it turned out I had to to get by. So the game became more fun. And I know the difference real life and games unlike some Psychopaths.

Edited by JesterKing

Right on. :thumbsup:

I absolutely do not care what other people think about me playing as a girl. They can think I'm a creepy, pervy horn-dog who can't get enough of looking at pixel women, or the opposite - that I'm gay, or have gender identity issues, lack masculinity, whatever. I could not care less. I do what I want because I like it. If people think well of me, great. If not, well, they can kiss my ...

I think it's sad when people let opinions of others prevent them from being happy with themselves. It's your life, not theirs.

Just knowing some people out there are so insecure about playing as a girl or think poorly of guys that do, makes me want to play as a girl even more!

I find it very odd that guys playing female characters can cop so much flak for it, I'm an older woman who prefers playing male characters in my games and my hubby and his brother play female characters in the same said games....Some of my teenage daughters male friends think its odd I play a guy and there are radical feminists I have come across who bizarrely enough are insulted that I play men....But from what I understand here, I would never have imagined the flak some guys are copping for playing females, it's been a real eye opener, how old are these nay sayers generally? Teens?...What an odd thing for them to create an issue out of.