[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

A quick question, if anyone has the answer. Until I can afford a house I want, I need a place to store items I don't want to part with, but won't be using. (Stuff like Daedric quest rewards, ore, et cetera.) So, would it be safe for me to spawn a chest somewhere, maybe somewhere more isolated, and store stuff inside it until I have a proper house? Or will it respawn/get robbed/disappear? Thanks for any help!

I'd suggest joining the mage college in Winterhold, you get a free room there. Its nothing fancy but it will suffice until you can afford a house :)

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the animals questions I would love some chickens running around inside my forge.

Also, I know you could do this before in FNV with the creation kit but has anyone worked out in console how to give names to containers. i.e. the chests, barrels, end table etc... I want them to say Melee Weapons, Armor, Shields, Bows n Arrows, enchanted and unique. And even with the food I want to create containers with specific food or ingredients in but only if I can name the containers. Would be a pain to have to look inside first. I dont know from experience with creation kits but because I downloaded an awesome underwater home FNV that had all this coded in. Once the creation kit comes I look forward to trying to create a similier auto sorting system, although obvioulsy triggered magically not via a computor terminal.

Keep up the good work guy's. I got married yesterday to Aelia and she approved of the house :thumbsup: Although she does walk into one of my new walls so I'll move it :-/ Damn Women !!!!

Edited by GoatfaceE3

With regard to the animals questions I would love some chickens running around inside my forge.

I guess you could have it anytime since chicken are not hostile towards the player per definition. Just spawn a few and enjoy.

On other matters, I had a disturbing thought lately: the chests we spawn in our houses, do they actually respawn?

Edited by thewingedshadow

I guess you could have it anytime since chicken are not hostile towards the player per definition. Just spawn a few and enjoy.

On other matters, I had a disturbing thought lately: the chests we spawn in our houses, do they actually respawn?

Ooh err, Do you mean re-spawn with their original contents. Scary !! How do we find out.

If you spawn the standard playerchest (f3923) no. I have spawned 3 of them and scaled them down to fit shelves and i have stored much in em without any problems, however i also use "setownership" just to be sure.

If you are uncertain you can also use that command, just incase. If you spawn chests that orignally was not placed in a player house i would use the command at once just so i would not loose anything.

Anyways the first chest i linked is actually the same chest you get in your whiterun house, i had to spawn a few since there was no chest like that in my home in windhelm. I can not guarantee anything though, i have not lost anything from my chests, but it might be that some chests just is'nt possible to fix this way, but im fairly confident that you don't loose anything, i have yet to see that. Im gonna say it again use "setownership" as a precaution prior to spawning of container objects.

I havent had a problem to date but also I have made setownership a default habit for any container I create.

So, How do I spawn a chicken then :biggrin: I have chickens in real life so would love some in Solitude. Might even convert that useless outside baclony bit into a chicken run???

Edited by GoatfaceE3

I have a question, when you mod through the console, everything you do is tied up to your savegame, is it possible to correct faults you have done with the CK in saves later on?

Im just wondering, i got a backup save that i made before i started modding anything in my windhelm house, so not a problem if i have to go back.

But after placing a few things and removing some things, lighting in my house is starting to act up, this means lighting at some places does not show unless im standing very close to the source or looking at it from the right angle.

This is a minior thing that does not bug me much, i tried correcting this with placing a new lightsource, but that did not work at all, so im starting to suspect that my house got too much lights, is there any setting in an .ini file i can have fun with to fix this up?

Hello,

I'm following this great thread quite a while <3

My question:

Is there anything comparable for Skyrim like the "formID finder" for Oblivion?

www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16704

From what I understood, with this mod, you could walk around, open your console, click on an item and the mod would show you its formID. ("help <string> x" is not really a help for me)

A tool like this would make me run around in circles crying tears of joy, since I spend a lot of time browsing this formID lists with cryptic object names + trial and error to find the item I desire.

Now I have a (maybe) rather ridiculous question.

Is it possible to keep animals in your house? Like, random foxes or dogs, setting them to friendly somehow... do they stay there or do they disappear or what happens to them? Can you even spawn animals via console?

Wondering this too, if not then we'll have to wait for the CS I guess. I'd love to have a pet fox in my house :P

Did a little tinkering today and found out, possibly you can.

I spawned a saber cat (id c96bf), tried to set it friendly by 'addfac 0005a1a4 1' and 'playertsetrelationshiprank player 4', it kept attacking me though after I turned off the console and got killed by Athis who's sticking with me almost always, I find his company pretty much alright though.

To try it one more time I typed resurrect and look, the resurrected cat wasn't trying to attack me anymore. Also Athis wasn't mad at it. Because it was way too big for my Breezehome I did 'setscale 0.3'.

Basically, I have a tiny sabre cat now. It's pacing around in random directions, standing, sitting or lying down. Other than this, it's pretty boring. Sometimes I think it looks at me, but I can't interract with it in any way possible. It doesn't move out of my way when I sprint into it. As it's pretty small now, it doesn't get in my way, I think.

I tried hitting it, it didn't hit me back, but Lydia shouted from the upper floor that I should stop and be more careful or something like that. She didn't like me hitting the poor tiny cat.

It looks a bit misplaced. And I don't like it's standing animation, its paws are sinking into the stone floor a bit each time it takes a breath. I will try giving it a rug to dwell on, maybe the standing animation will look better on a rug. When not, it will have to go.

I will try to find out the ID for foxes now, maybe I like them better.

Edit:

000829b3 is the ID for the standart orange fox, there are a few others but I didn't bother to write them down, its getting late. Type help fox 0 in the console, there are only a few lines, easy to figure out.

Figured out the other procedure too - it works when you set 'addfac 0005a1a4 1' in the console, kill the poor critter with your preferred weapon or bare hands, then 'resurrect' it with the console. I find it rather strange, but after that it seems to love you. I'm sure there has to be another way like disable-enable stuff or something, but killing and ressurecting works just fine.

I made it a bit smaller, too, so it wouldn't knock over my stuff, with 'setscale 0.7'.

The fox doesn't seem to have animation issues with the exception when it tries to get up stairs in Breezehom and looks just ridiculous doing so. It doesn't try to get upstairs anymore when set to smaller scale (0.7 in my case). Same thing is with the sabre cat, btw.

Also I think it's creepy. I think it stares at me all the time. It also does nothing further, just walks around from time to time, most of the time it just stands there with its head twisted and stares. Don't know if it will lie down. Didn't have enough patience to watch.

Also, Lydia is friendly with the fox, too. When I tried to hit it just to see what happens (it was dead on first hit of course) she yelled at me I should be more careful or something like that.

Well... now we need a cage.

I just had an awesome thought. Has anyone tried this with dragons? I'd love to have a pet dragon flying around in my alchemy chamber/treasure room, shrunk down to 1/8 size. Even better if we could put it on a table and have it move around without moving off the table. I wonder whether it would be possible to contain a dragon so that it was able to wiggle around but keep it confined to a given space using conventional walls/surfaces..... ?

Edited by pmg123

Interesting idea, gonna try and make myself some mini dragon pets later :D

But i'm afraid that confining them to a small space like that won't be possible untill the CK is released, unless someone knows how to spawn invisible walls and position them without seeing them

EDIT:

No luck, not only is spawning a dragon in a house causing MAJOR choppiness ang sometimes a crash it also tends to fly through walls and get stuck outside the home's bounds.

Also - the "respawn" command doesnt seem to work for me, any ideas? :<

Edited by hauerek