• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what im talking about;

See the wall,

http://i39.tinypic.com/2pzz3mf.png

Take one step forward,

http://i41.tinypic.com/igcd2t.png

And no, I don't have tcl or tfc on.

No matter what I do its like this with this one area, remove the walls and add new ones, its still the same.

EDIT: Its not that im going through the wall or anything, when i get NEAR the wall everything vanish's, if I keep walking forward I do bump into the wall.

Open the console and click on the wall. Type "disable" and hit enter. Then type "enable" and hit enter and exit the console. The wall should slowly fade in if done right. I noticed the same problem when placing walls and that always fixed it for me.

In fact, I've found that it's always good to do a disable+enable whenever placing any item once you have it positioned correctly. This will also fix problem people are having with small shelves, some furniture, and display cases.

Ya that didn't work... Any other suggestions? :confused:

It's not an issue with the walls really, its more of the area...

Have anyone been able to use setangle on chairs? it seems that chairs only can be moved with setpos and that kinda makes it difficult to have your chair facing the right way.

EDIT, yes im also trying player.placeatme and facing the right way, and it works fine, but i just want to know if there is an easier way to place turn them, using player.placeatme is kinda like shooting blindly and hoping you hit something.

Edited by Sk8on

Sk8on are you quick saving and loading after you do setangle, for me pretty much all items require a reload to show the effects of a setangle command

Quick save and Quick Load work, but they take to long for me. You can also do a SetPos X, Y, or Z even if it is the current location, when you do this it will make the changes to the angles as well.

Have anyone been able to use setangle on chairs? it seems that chairs only can be moved with setpos and that kinda makes it difficult to have your chair facing the right way.

EDIT, yes im also trying player.placeatme and facing the right way, and it works fine, but i just want to know if there is an easier way to place turn them, using player.placeatme is kinda like shooting blindly and hoping you hit something.

Yeah just use setpos after you make all the angle changes with setangle. Lots of objects wont immediately show the changes of setangle until you change the objects position too. Even if you change the position to the objects current position, the angles will still update themselves.

Now I have a (maybe) rather ridiculous question.

Is it possible to keep animals in your house? Like, random foxes or dogs, setting them to friendly somehow... do they stay there or do they disappear or what happens to them? Can you even spawn animals via console?

Wondering this too, if not then we'll have to wait for the CS I guess. I'd love to have a pet fox in my house :P

Did a little tinkering today and found out, possibly you can.

I spawned a saber cat (id c96bf), tried to set it friendly by 'addfac 0005a1a4 1' and 'playertsetrelationshiprank player 4', it kept attacking me though after I turned off the console and got killed by Athis who's sticking with me almost always, I find his company pretty much alright though.

To try it one more time I typed resurrect and look, the resurrected cat wasn't trying to attack me anymore. Also Athis wasn't mad at it. Because it was way too big for my Breezehome I did 'setscale 0.3'.

Basically, I have a tiny sabre cat now. It's pacing around in random directions, standing, sitting or lying down. Other than this, it's pretty boring. Sometimes I think it looks at me, but I can't interract with it in any way possible. It doesn't move out of my way when I sprint into it. As it's pretty small now, it doesn't get in my way, I think.

I tried hitting it, it didn't hit me back, but Lydia shouted from the upper floor that I should stop and be more careful or something like that. She didn't like me hitting the poor tiny cat.

It looks a bit misplaced. And I don't like it's standing animation, its paws are sinking into the stone floor a bit each time it takes a breath. I will try giving it a rug to dwell on, maybe the standing animation will look better on a rug. When not, it will have to go.

I will try to find out the ID for foxes now, maybe I like them better.

Edit:

000829b3 is the ID for the standart orange fox, there are a few others but I didn't bother to write them down, its getting late. Type help fox 0 in the console, there are only a few lines, easy to figure out.

Figured out the other procedure too - it works when you set 'addfac 0005a1a4 1' in the console, kill the poor critter with your preferred weapon or bare hands, then 'resurrect' it with the console. I find it rather strange, but after that it seems to love you. I'm sure there has to be another way like disable-enable stuff or something, but killing and ressurecting works just fine.

I made it a bit smaller, too, so it wouldn't knock over my stuff, with 'setscale 0.7'.

The fox doesn't seem to have animation issues with the exception when it tries to get up stairs in Breezehom and looks just ridiculous doing so. It doesn't try to get upstairs anymore when set to smaller scale (0.7 in my case). Same thing is with the sabre cat, btw.

Also I think it's creepy. I think it stares at me all the time. It also does nothing further, just walks around from time to time, most of the time it just stands there with its head twisted and stares. Don't know if it will lie down. Didn't have enough patience to watch.

Also, Lydia is friendly with the fox, too. When I tried to hit it just to see what happens (it was dead on first hit of course) she yelled at me I should be more careful or something like that.

Well... now we need a cage.

Edited by thewingedshadow

A quick question, if anyone has the answer. Until I can afford a house I want, I need a place to store items I don't want to part with, but won't be using. (Stuff like Daedric quest rewards, ore, et cetera.) So, would it be safe for me to spawn a chest somewhere, maybe somewhere more isolated, and store stuff inside it until I have a proper house? Or will it respawn/get robbed/disappear? Thanks for any help!

To start - what an excellent thread this is...first time in a long time I've read 23 odd pages in a single thread ;D

I've done a bit of playing around with my House in Markarth and want to record how I did it so I don't have to figure it out again, and others can use the information.

At this stage all I've done is replace the 4 Dwarwan (DWE) light fitting, 2 on the Living Room walls and the 2 hanging ones - 1 in Living Room and 1 in the Entry Hall - its just too dark for my liking - no windows and all o_O

Although I went through the process of getting the Position and Angle data for each, I found that for the Living Room fittings the console command Placeatme worked perfectly.

The two wall mounted fittings use the Static Mesh 000e7c2a and are far too big when first spawned. Thus use command setscale with a value of 0.65

The Living Room hanging fitting uses the Static Mesh 000e7c2f and is also far too big when first spawned. Thus use command setscale with a value of 0.50

The Entry Hall hanging fitting uses Static Mesh 000e7c2e and is far too big when first spawned. I also had issues trying to spawn it with placeatme command, this maybe due to its initial size. In the end I just spawned it in my position and manually moved it with the following values: Setpos (x -1824.25 | y 110.82 | z 383.82 ) and setangle z 270

With it being miles to big, use command setscale with a value of 0.45

Note: although these light fittings have flames they do not throw any light into the area(s). I've found that I can get a reasonable throw using Ambiant light 77761 followed by DWE light 00088cf3 however I haven't figured out how to correctly position the 2 ambient lights so they look like they belong to the light fitting.

To see what these light fittings - well the ones in the Living Area atleast, have a look inside Reachwind Eyrie to view working examples.

Heres the finished result, as it currently stands...

Update:

I've had a modicum of of success with getting light from the fittings. By just selecting the fitting and using the placeatme command, the light(s) appear to be attached at about the right place as far as I can tell. I have used lights 77761 followed by b215e (candle). Its not perfect but I can live with it for now :teehee:

Edited by Wydo