This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

only if you keep reporting the same file over and over.

Ok good so it wouldn't just be from getting it wrong on a file, like I thought it's using ripped stuff but turned out he made it from scratch. It looks to me like its straight from the game but who knows I'm not sure how they prove it is or isn't. I was like "I sure hope {infamous publisher X} doesn't see this and flip out" so I reported it.

I reported 2 files which seem to have ripped assets from the exact same game.

IMO it's cool to have lots of options but not worth it to have a file that can get the website in trouble, like ripped assets without any permission.

yes but only if everything was made from scratch or theyhave permission to port the assets (such as the witcher franchise)

Ok good that is what I thought.

I like anime so would like to make anime mods someday everything from scratch if I ever got good at 3ds max/photoshop. I prefer not to have to ask permission from other modders and I think anime mods would need to be tailored for Bethesda's art style.

I guess the mod in question is the same thing if he did make it all from scratch though it's probably still for the best if he gave nexus staff proof since the publisher is likely to show up asking about it if the file stays up. Seems to me a lot of these publishers have people who do nothing but sit on Google all day checking for fan games/fan rips and the like, or maybe bots that do this.

Do we need to do anything to be in the clear or is the fact a mod's assets are self made from scratch enough? Like pictures in 3DS max or something like at different stages?

Do we need to do anything to be in the clear or is the fact a mod's assets are self made from scratch enough? Like pictures in 3DS max or something like at different stages?

that is for the site staff to deal with
OK. I figure if I do get around to making something like a Naruto mod I'll probably take screenshot every so often while working in 3ds/photoshop and I'll also save a few partway done 3ds max files so the progression can be seen. Though it won't look very close to UNS4. Either way, I'm just doing settlement stuff for now.

New site up today - but links within mod description pages (i.e. to mods needed to make a mod work) seem to be leading to 404 page not found. But not in every mod. Here's an example: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26279/?tab=description

I don't think this mod is old enough to have out of date links?

Just thought I'd let you know.

for what it's worth

I can't for the life of me navigate this new site easily. Maybe I become an "old dog" quickly and get set in my ways, as I'm new to Nexus and modding. Just going through the description of the mod is now "fun" let alone searching for things.

I also hate updates that change the UI anyway, on any platform. My Windows 10 looks like XP lol.

So don't get me wrong, I hope to adapt, and again, take it or leave it. It's a purely subjective knee-jerk response to the update. :smile:

@5:21am - yeah, kinda getting used to it. But the pictures so large, and in the middle, is "in the way" for me. I'd rather check out the description, then go to the gallery if needed. Again, subjective, and "dinosaur" on a 1080p monitor. lol

Edited by GrumpyBadger117

for what it's worth

I can't for the life of me navigate this new site easily. Maybe I become an "old dog" quickly and get set in my ways, as I'm new to Nexus and modding. Just going through the description of the mod is now "fun" let alone searching for things.

I also hate updates that change the UI anyway, on any platform. My Windows 10 looks like XP lol.

So don't get me wrong, I hope to adapt, and again, take it or leave it. It's a purely subjective knee-jerk response to the update. :smile:

@5:21am - yeah, kinda getting used to it. But the pictures so large, and in the middle, is "in the way" for me. I'd rather check out the description, then go to the gallery if needed. Again, subjective, and "dinosaur" on a 1080p monitor. lol

Needs some customization options but holy heck its better than Bethsedas new site when DOOM launched.

I still don't like the colored letters on the white menubar. They're damn unreadable, depending on which Nexus site one is browsing.

I can't stand it without Windows 10's high contrast mode, although that just reveals even more problems at other sections. There's still stuff I miss from the old design - which I'd still be using if it was possible, but even the old.nexusmods.com site always switches to the new design at will...

And then... has the site suddenly become abandoned by everyone? It seems to be awfully dead. The typical spam of notifications has become... well... a few, if even per day. Is everyone gone or is there a problem with the notifications again?

I've known the 'old' design for over 10 years now, it's not just a question of 'getting used' to something. x.x°

Anyway, I guess it can't be helped now...

And then... has the site suddenly become abandoned by everyone? It seems to be awfully dead. The typical spam of notifications has become... well... a few, if even per day. Is everyone gone or is there a problem with the notifications again?

I think the notifications are broken, because no matter what I change in my user settings, I still can't get anything to show up. Even when I can check tracked mod pages and people have made comments. And I can't find any place to mention that the notifications are broken on either the new site or these old forums. Which, as one might imagine, is infuriating, because while I'm willing to put up with the new design, even though I don't like it, I use the notifications to check on potential file updates and to try helping other members with easy-to-fix modding problems. Which I can't do if the notifications are bloody broken.