⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

@supermagumforce we do not change usernames for technical reasons. This is not some simple high school site where all you have to do is edit a name. Your username is tied to everything you have ever done here :pinch: - meaning everything else has to be changed as well - lots of work for the staff because, "I don't like the name I picked" - Then why did you pick it? And from experience we know that there are some who will demand their name be changed periodically just because they changed their mind. :rolleyes:

Instead we offer the option where you can request to have your account closed. and open a new account with the new name - but you lose everything associated with your old name.

Just starting a new account without closing the old one can get you banned ( read the TOS)

To request an account closure go here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/564026-account-closure-requests/

Hi everybody!

I just wondering how to make hyperlink works in Nexusmods forum? I've post one but it looks like it doesn't work, some security policy?

Thanks in advance!

Hyperlink in question: <a href="http://survivetheforest.com/hom/">The Forest</a>

As you can see in your post, the forums don't need nor want HTML tags in the post contents. Your URL was already hyperlinked by the quick editor tool you were using, and if you want to "label" your hyperlink with something else but the url itself, you'll have to use proper and supported BBCode to do so.

In order to create a link in BBCode you either use the "Link" button above in the editor toolbar, or you manually type in (manually will work in both, the visual editor as well as when switched to code mode):

[url="http://link.zur.seite/unterseite/etc"]Link-Text zur Ausgabe[/url]
Some parts of the site expect there to be " around the url, some won't like them. If you're not using the buttons, prepare to play around until you find the right expected syntax.

And in order to create a link like you just automatically did above, this construct should do the trick:

[url]http://survivetheforest.com/hom/[/url]
Leaving out the link url in the opening tag "should" make the tag use the link text for the url at the same time. No guarantee though that this will work the same or at all on every part of the site either again.

Sticking to the buttons of the respective editors is the most advisable approach.

• 2 weeks later...

We could not find the validation request you are attempting to verify. This is likely because you have already validated your account, or an administrator has validated your account for you. Please

try to login with your registration details now.

and when i press on activation site it says it may have been activated or an admin have already activated your account, but i cant do anything it says "you have to login first"

Edit: I already loged in but cant do anything, it says "login first"

Edited by Atnox

We could not find the validation request you are attempting to verify. This is likely because you have already validated your account, or an administrator has validated your account for you. Please

try to login with your registration details now.

and when i press on activation site it says it may have been activated or an admin have already activated your account, but i cant do anything it says "you have to login first"

Edit: I already loged in but cant do anything, it says "login first"

It might help stating "what" you can't do. From my point of view you're already logged in successfully, or you wouldn't be able to post what you just did.

So yes, the account "Atnox" is already validated. So what is it that isn't functioning for you making you think it wasn't? Also, what part of the site are you talking of? Or is it something with the NMM instead maybe?

Hi :)

<div>

<h1>Error</h1>

</div><p>The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...</p><p style="color:#FF3333;">There was an error while saving your post.<br /></p>An error occured while posting, please try again.

I got this error when trying to post on Modding Long War; please help :)

@Nifiash - Did you try again? Or did you try later? Posting seems to work here so it should work there as well. Sometimes there are problems getting through right away and trying a few minutes later works.