⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I have had issues connecting at night after 5:00PM PST time. The ping of the site shows not responding. with ping -t it's about 3 to 5 note responding then a response 1 or 2 time then stops again. I have talked to a few friends there having the same issue only at night. Anything going on?

In My Content of my Profile, i view either my Threads i made or Posts i made over the years, why is there so few Results, yet when you look at my Post Count or Thread Count, there should be like 30 Pages or more of results instead of 3 Pages. Is it some form of Forum Bug

In My Content of my Profile, i view either my Threads i made or Posts i made over the years, why is there so few Results, yet when you look at my Post Count or Thread Count, there should be like 30 Pages or more of results instead of 3 Pages. Is it some form of Forum Bug

Last time I checked it's on purpose and documented. You cannot view your full posting history all way back, and it says so on the page, too: "Search limited from 12-October 14".

The numbers of your counts though are computed values, stored separately, and these are regularly updated.

I've found a strange situation with this forum and Microsoft's Edge browser and wondering if anyone else has seen it, or it's just a quirk on my end.

The dropdown menu under my username where you access the "My Content, My Settings, etc" doesn't show when using Edge, in fact I think a lot of the dropdown menus also exhibit this behaviour though I'm not 100% sure.

Is this something you have seen and are examining or is it another good reason to ditch Edge for Chrome?

Another quirk which maybe totally unrelated is: I already posted this using Edge only a few moments ago and now coming back to this page the comment doesn't appear to here, so either it refused to accept my login details or the actual post, I posted somewhere else, or I'm going senile. All are possibilities but not likely for the most part.

I've found a strange situation with this forum and Microsoft's Edge browser and wondering if anyone else has seen it, or it's just a quirk on my end.

The dropdown menu under my username where you access the "My Content, My Settings, etc" doesn't show when using Edge, in fact I think a lot of the dropdown menus also exhibit this behaviour though I'm not 100% sure.

Is this something you have seen and are examining or is it another good reason to ditch Edge for Chrome?

Another quirk which maybe totally unrelated is: I already posted this using Edge only a few moments ago and now coming back to this page the comment doesn't appear to here, so either it refused to accept my login details or the actual post, I posted somewhere else, or I'm going senile. All are possibilities but not likely for the most part.

If interactive elements on the pages such as this remain inactive, it usually means something is blocking or preventing the website's JavaScript code from functioning on the browser's end. Does it give you any warnings or errors regarding JavaScript? Does Edge browser even have developer/debug tools to present you such?

If I recall correctly, Edge was also the browser reported to be throwing a fit about the website's SSL security protocols not being the version it demanded, while funnily/saddeningly it was the browser's expectations of an out-of-date older version and the website using an up-to-date newer one that caused it.

Check your security settings if anything is automatically setting itself up to block or hinder certain or all JavaScript functionality on certain or any sites. Up at this point I'm expecting just about everything to be coming from Edge, regardless of how senseless or silly it may sound at first. I'm no longer playing the surprised.

If interactive elements on the pages such as this remain inactive, it usually means something is blocking or preventing the website's JavaScript code from functioning on the browser's end. Does it give you any warnings or errors regarding JavaScript? Does Edge browser even have developer/debug tools to present you such?

If I recall correctly, Edge was also the browser reported to be throwing a fit about the website's SSL security protocols not being the version it demanded, while funnily/saddeningly it was the browser's expectations of an out-of-date older version and the website using an up-to-date newer one that caused it.

Check your security settings if anything is automatically setting itself up to block or hinder certain or all JavaScript functionality on certain or any sites. Up at this point I'm expecting just about everything to be coming from Edge, regardless of how senseless or silly it may sound at first. I'm no longer playing the surprised.

Completely brand new computer I just built with no extra software added and nothing changed regarding the default settings.

Edge does have developer tools but as far as I can tell it looks the same as Chrome's information about that element.

No errors listed, that would be too helpful from Microsoft!

I'll keep looking but I suspect I shall have to install the reliable Chrome on this also. So much for Microsoft providing working tools?!

I have a similar problem with Internet Explorer. Ever since the changes were made to the site, the drop down menu would display under the page being viewed. For this reason I switched to Chrome and do not have this problem.

Just an FYI, guys... I've had to turn on my adblocker on this site because I've started to get aggressive popups/popunders, and enabling Adblock was the only way to get it to stop. These popups and popunders included links to "malware removal" sites claiming I had a virus (something which both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes disagree with), which is a common tactic for malware distributors. These popups were only showing up here, at the Nexus.

According to Bitdefender, I had nine cookies from QuestionMarket, CasaleMedia, RealMedia, Doubleclick, Advertising, Ru4, FastClick, and TribalFusion that were of quesionable security. I did some research, and most of these are pretty well known bad cookies. Did I get these from one of your advertisers? I hope not, but it might be something you should look into.

I don't want to use Adblock here. I mostly use it for sites that have incessant or loud commercials. In fact, I'm the kinda guy who occasionally clicks on ads in an effort to help out sites I like. Please help me out, so I can get my adblocker turned off for the Nexus.

*edit* - I misspoke in my last sentence, so I went back and fixed it.

Edited by Watts533