This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Can you give more details please, Leonardo?

What were you entering? On what page? What error were you getting?

We can't fix a possible bug if you don't give us more details!

Thanks.

Well, I guess I was too frustrated and perhaps a little tired too.

What do you mean by saying "On what page?"? If you mean the sequence when uploading a mod, I was on the third from the last one I think.

So after I had uploaded the archive I clicked next then the error popup saying like "I can only use a letter, a number, a space (not sure about that one), and something about hyphens or similar.

After I got the error I couldn't go back or go to the next step, in fact nothing worked I was stuck, so I asked myself is it worth it to cancel everything and start over.

I thought about it, but in the end I concluded that it wasn't worth it. So I clicked on the manage the mod page button at the top from which I could *start over* so to speak, but as soon after I uploaded the archive I was stuck again.

At that point I simple gave up and posted about it here.

However, after I got a good night sleep, I begin to think about how it could be improved and I must say I do miss one thing, which I think every member on Nexus needs to know about.

And what I'm talking about is one who is gonna to upload a mod on Nexus for the first time should be able to read a quick guide about how to upload a mod without having an error.

There is another thing I think that needs to be changed and what I mean is that one should begin the upload a mod sequence by uploading an archive then make sure everything is correct before one is able to continue, just to avoid of being stuck later in the upload a mod sequence, should one get an error that is.

It is easier to start over when one has only failed with the file name/mod name for the uploaded archive than start over when one has almost finished.

Hi Leonardo,

I can't reproduce this problem you're having on my end.

If I upload a file and I enter ";'[#'};/" into the "File name" text field, add my file and click the save button I get a pop-up saying "The file name can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, brackets, periods, hyphens " - " and underscores " _ ".

See picture:

So I clicked the close button on that error (the blue X) and went back and changed my file name from ";'[#'};/" to "Test Mod". And that worked.

I think I'm confused about the error, or perhaps you're not understanding the error. This error is about what you enter in the "File name" text field, and not the name of your file on your hard-drive.

We've changed the way the error is given now, Leonardo, so it displays the error as soon as you remove focus from the "File name" text field if what you've entered isn't accepted, rather than waiting until you click the "save" button.

I seem to be running into a strange problem. I uploaded an image for Skyrim Special Edition and made sure comments and endorsements were enabled. Come to find out neither are enabled and when I try to enable them and save the settings it does not actually change the settings.

EDIT: Only way I was able to fix it was by re-uploading the image.

If I upload a file and I enter ";'[#'};/" into the "File name" text field, add my file and click the save button I get a pop-up saying "The file name can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, brackets, periods, hyphens " - " and underscores " _ ".

I didn't use none of the characters, I marked orange, and I only used the characters, I marked cyan, and still I got an error, which is the same as in the picture. But I didn't know I could click on the blue X to close the error box.

I'll try to upload here later, perhaps tomorrow. Thanks for taking your time, Dark0ne. :smile:

I didn't use none of the characters, I marked orange, and I only used the characters, I marked cyan, and still I got an error, which is the same as in the picture. But I didn't know I could click on the blue X to close the error box.

I'll try to upload here later, perhaps tomorrow. Thanks for taking your time, Dark0ne. :smile:

Could you let me know what exactly what you're entering in to that field to give you that error please, Leonardo?

I think the update system on the forum side is broken again.

When I go to Content I Follow (to make sure the threads were, in fact, followed), it shows the various threads with their current updates/posts.

When I click on the notification bell at the top, however, those notifications are noticeably missing. New posts on the followed threads are not showing up. I use the latest version of Firefox, on a Mac, and everything is up to date. The cache was cleared, I logged out and back in, and restarted the browser. Nothing.

I'm going to assume it's because stuff is being worked on on the new site, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.

:)

When i am using Samsung tablet and search for mods while within a specific game, the auto search function which tells me how fast it found what i wasn't looking for, starts and closes the text box before i can even finish typing a single word. Is there an option to disable this i am not finding? I do not have this problem on my computer. I use Swype on the tablet.