This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

What would be a good rule of thumb for acceptability vs non-acceptability of posting in an old thread if my post is relevant to it? I released a Fallout 4 settlement mod, a user commented getting 0 happiness bug but on my tests I do not get the bug on a fresh new game or on my active savegames. I'm thinking of asking here on this topic: Request for a Proofread of a Settlement Mod. But the last post is December 2017 hence my concern.

I asked the user about load order but got no reply. Understandably probably won't get one as most of the time as a user if I try a mod but it doesn't work I will just uninstall and move on(though I try everything that catches my interest even a little), though depending on how much I want a mod I may do some troubleshooting steps. I will ask the author only in rare cases, if I really like the mod and really want it to work.

Edit: While we're at it. I found there's also notification options which was turned all off by default.
Looks like I've already get a grasp of how nexus works :smile:

That reminds me of another question, as an author is there way to track /get notification/get email/etc if my modpage gets additional comments or gets a bug report? I suspect when I have a larger number of uploaded mods and/or when the comment count goes high I may forget to check or may not be sure if the number is the same or higher(like once the number is over 100).

Hey, rather off topic question, or i suppose off topic. i want to close my account but before i do this i want to know if it's possible to transfer download histories. on my end i know i cannot but i really, REALLY don't want to go through copious pages to screenshot my download history across many different games just so i can redownload them for future reference on a new account after closing this one. i have no wish to close this account if i cannot do so, as that would honestly not be worth the time invested on my behalf.

Prior to today, when accessing the Nexus Site Forums, the game forums were always in the same order, ie: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout3, Fallout: New Vegas, etc.

However, starting today, Battlefield Series has appeared between Morrowind and Fallout3 and Eve Online has appeared between Fallout3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

My question is, why has this happened and how is the order of the forums determined?

Prior to today, when accessing the Nexus Site Forums, the game forums were always in the same order, ie: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout3, Fallout: New Vegas, etc.

However, starting today, Battlefield Series has appeared between Morrowind and Fallout3 and Eve Online has appeared between Fallout3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

My question is, why has this happened and how is the order of the forums determined?

Can't say much about the order they appear in, always thought it was by time of creation, but this is why there's now 2 more:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6666191-add-more-games-into-specific-games-subforum/&do=findComment&comment=60305611

Can't say much about the order they appear in, always thought it was by time of creation, but this is why there's now 2 more:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6666191-add-more-games-into-specific-games-subforum/&do=findComment&comment=60305611

If the order is determined by time of creation, then Fallout 4 should be more to the top. As for EVE Online, it has been dead since 2009. It seems to me that it is pointless to keep it.

But then again, there are a lot of forums for games with no posts.

I think that there shouldn't be forced accounts when trying to download mods, it really slows things down and makes people create accounts that are used to download mods for one day, but then are unneeded. The other option would be to allow for account sharing which is great because it allows for people to use an account to download one mod, but not create a new one entirely. I have been using this website for a while now, but I only ever need it once every few months, and if I need to log in I use an account that I can forget entirely and allow others to use it. It seems like account sharing is something horribly bad considering the reaction from moderators, but the only problem I can see is the unnecessary creation of accounts because they are removed just after they are opened to the public.

We will ban all "bugmenot" and other shared accounts immediately as they come to our attention.

There are a number of reasons it is important to identify individual actions by individual member. --TNL