This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hello! Im having a issue with my nexus mod manager while trying to mod fallout new vegas. If anybody could help me I would be in your debt. I have exhausted all other ways of fixing this by watching what felt like hundreds of YouTube videos and messing around with my entire pc. The issue is that my nexus mod manager is saying that it is failing to load my master list. How do I fix this? ; - ;

From the information you provided, you are having a problem with VORTEX, not Nexus Mod Manager. They are two different tools.

There is a special forum for problems with VORTEX. It you want an answer, I suggest you post your problem there.

This is the SITE feedback and questions forum.

Oops, I meant vortex. I am currently having a vortex issue

Hi!

I have few ideas for the mod page(s).

Pull / merge requests:

As I have been browsing through many mods for Fallout 4 or Skyrim I noticed a tons of patches / fixes / retextures / etc. Such feature could consolidate them to a single page and display them as expandable lists in column view or in the same way as translations are being displayed currently.

More tags:

Please add more tags like Patch (or Patches), Retexture, etc. + possibility to tag mods by other users while searching instead of going to a specific mod page. Also if other users' tags visibility could be enabled it would be great. Like "Weapons - Melee [X]" where X is a number of users that tagged a specific mod with this tag. Authors could also block some tags, however if the tags are blocked, but totally relevant, users may report this.

Example: Try going to Fallout 4 / Mods / Weapons -> Refine results -> Tags must not include: "Weapons - Melee" -> APPLY FILTERS.

First thing I see (as of 1st of October 2021, 5pm CET) is Fire Axe (Fallout 76 Recreation) - Melee weapon mod.

A smart feature that will suggest tags wouldn't be bad either!

(In)Compatibility between mods - player/user based feedback (+ eventual logs):

A feature where players themselves could report (in)compatibility between some of the mods, allowing creators to review a neat data instead of browsing through posts/forums. Mod Managers can then detect this and warn users who are attempting to download a specific mod.

Repacks / Repacked in:

An expandable list that will show what was packed in a consolidated mod. Same for separate mods. Also the site might display a pop-up window that "A mod pack containing this mod is available. Please check <mod-name>".

Edited by IDzer0

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be awesome to have a modpack section for each game on the site.

A way it could work is by allowing users to add a mod to a modpack list, similar to creating a playlist on YouTube.

Each modpack would have a page that would display:

• Details from the pack maker about the modpack (such as load order or a showcase)

• A list of all the mods included in the pack (a user could click on an individual mod from this list to be taken to the mod's page on the site)

• A download link would be available for a user to download the contents of the modpack directly to Vortex

This would make my use of this site more frequent and efficient. Thank you for your time and consideration, and a huge thank you to everybody who contributes to nexusmods.

Edit: I just saw this about Collections. Very excited to see this feature making its way, sorry I didn't read the news before posting. Please disregard this post.

Edited by Millenniad

"(In)Compatibility between mods - player/user based feedback (+ eventual logs):

A feature where players themselves could report (in)compatibility between some of the mods, allowing creators to review a neat data instead of browsing through posts/forums. Mod Managers can then detect this and warn users who are attempting to download a specific mod."
No thanks. Most of the times users have no idea what they're talking about, this would just lead to a huge load of misinformation.

I haven't been able to endose a mod I downloaded over 15 hours ago, the mod page doesn't register that I've downloaded it, nor does the mod show up in my download history. Another mod I downloaded did not have this problem though, so I've no idea what could be causing it. I used manual downloads for both mods.

It's this mod fwiw: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57052