This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Should I report feedback/problems with the Wiki here, or 'here'? The latter seems to be 'stale'.

-Dubious-

Please report problems with any of the Nexus sites' functionality here. (As in, "This, the 'Feedback, suggestions and questions'" forum".)

Dark0ne and the other Nexus admins and coding staff review this forum regularly. Which doesn't mean that the issue will get addressed immediately, (or even at all ;D ) but it will have come to their attention.

Alternatively, if it's a critical or personal issue you can use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the every page. :thumbsup:

Hi. I am unable to figure out how to enable comments so that the "Post" tab is visible for the mod I have here on Nexus. Please help. TIA.

Please provide a link to the mod in question so we can take a look at this. (Or you can send a PM to any of the Staff.) Thx!

Should I report feedback/problems with the Wiki here, or 'here'? The latter seems to be 'stale'.

-Dubious-

Please report problems with any of the Nexus sites' functionality here. (As in, "This, the 'Feedback, suggestions and questions'" forum".)

Dark0ne and the other Nexus admins and coding staff review this forum regularly. Which doesn't mean that the issue will get addressed immediately, (or even at all ;D ) but it will have come to their attention.

Alternatively, if it's a critical or personal issue you can use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the every page. :thumbsup:

Fair enough. I'm reposting my Wiki questions here. I apologize if it's redundent.

I've recently taken on the organization of the XCOM Wiki namespace. Consequently I have been getting into the weeds of Wiki code, which is relatively new territory for me. (I've never been an HTML coder. But I can figure out the basics from examples and I read manuals.)

I found the link to the MediaWiki Help:Formatting page within the 'How to post a new wiki page' article. (I would have linked to the Help:Contents page, so any Help topic could be located, but that is just a matter of preference.) However, it seems some of the MediaWiki format codes are not implemented or at least not correctly in the Nexus Wiki. I have not been successful in finding any other equivalent guide listing any specific inclusions or exceptions or customizations to Nexus. Any pointers to such a page would be appreciated.

In particular, the 'code' tag (on the Wiki) is not working correctly. The text within the tag block displays below the tag display box, with loss of original formatting. There have been a couple of other codes I had problems with, but since the XCOM space articles are mostly about modding the game executable directly, having a functional code tag is important.

Example of 'code' tag bug:

<code>

This long sentence is used to demonstrate text wrapping. This additional sentence makes the text even longer.

This second line should not concatenate with the first line.

</code><br>

Instead, the text is erroneously concatenated and appears below the box it is supposed to be displayed within.

<br>

Edit: Never mind about the 'code block error'. I finally figured out that there has to be a leading space in front of every line within the 'code' block, or such lines get pushed outside of the block.

Also: Would it be possible to have the page creation submission process for a page that doesn't already exist automatically add the page to a 'Pages' or '<namespace> Pages' navigation menu item, similar to how the 'Recent Changes' navigation link works now? That way we don't have to worry that a page becomes orphaned simply because the author or an editor forgot to add a category tag initially. I would think that would be helpful on any namespace. If there already exists a method to find a page not in any category, I could use a pointer.

I also noted that the Edit Help link on the Wiki edit page had no content, so I created my own which seems to be functioning fine so far (at least within the XCOM namespace). Just wondering if that is usual practice?

Edit: I'm getting requests to have some sort of link to the XCOM Wiki namespace placed on the top of the main XCOM Forums page. Or a thread pinned there. Is that possible, or should that request go through another route?

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

@dubiousintent; I believe such detailed discussions about the Nexus wiki pages, (especially when getting into the coding of them) should be taken up with Dark0ne via PM. Suggest using the "Contact Us" link to initiate that conversation.

I'm sorry if I overlooked this question somewhere, but is it possible for us to have our usernames changed? If so, I'd like mine to be changed to Anuiel.

Skyrim site -

If in files category view, and in one of the categories (say, file/categories/weapons) if you use the next page button at the bottom of the page, the next page opens up with the scroll bar just below the last item on the right column (the search and search options column). If you have all of the search options open, this can be nearly at the bottom of the page. Not as irritating as pepper spray, but...

If you use the next page button from the TOP of the page, the next page opens at the top. As you would expect.

Hi,

I've been working a lot lately on 2 of my mod pages. Every time I save my changes, it redirects me to a blank page with only a "Return to managing all files" link. Since it's the only option you can do, could it just be removed and saving would redirect you directly to the "managing all files" screen? As is, the current state of things is just an uncessary waste of time.

Wouldn't it be much faster and less painfull for everyone?

TheThirdRace

Hello... I need some help on how to send a message. It's my first time doing this, I got the message from the Person and I was already logged in... But when I sent a reply back to the Person... It said... you do not have permission to send the message or something like that... No help needed now problem solved... Thanks You. NEXUS For the Email you sent me no Idea it was done that way. Your Number 1

Edited by mightyste777

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems with Skyrim Nexus page opening and displaying correctly? I can get it to load but no pictures and if I refresh the whole page goes to hell. No other websites seem to be giving me any problems.

J