Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

To Dark0ne and Tannin, I look forward to seeing the results of your upcoming NMM redesign. If I may make a request of you. Please keep all of the best features of Mod Organizer. The ability to isolate mods into separate folders is absolutely invaluable. I simply can't go back to any less featured mod management tool after growing accustom to Mod Organizer. I also like the configurator. Here's hoping you'll have an alpha out soon. I really want to start modding Fallout 4 and the upcoming Skyrim Special Edition but I need a 64 bit compatible mod manager that can isolate my mods. Cheers! - Thorfkin

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Why work against each other when you can just buy the competition and have them work for you.

I really hope the simple yes/no, install/uninstall nature of NMM makes it's way into the complex load ordering and over writing of MO. And don't forget to keep the "go to the nexus" button so I don't have to open a window and type "nex" before the autofinish kicks in, so much extra effort.

I really can't wait for this to come to fruition. While compatibility with new games is obvious, don't forget to allow support for older games. I would really like If i can have one manager for Skyrim, FO4 and SSE (Skyrim Special Edition).

This is good news. I support this 99.9999% and hope that it will be advanced and be simple for us casuals. If it requires a little more horsepower from my brain, I will find some somewhere hopefully. This article was very interesting. Take the time required and get to a stage you feel comfortable with and will look forward to testing it. I can't play games that support mods without them now. The ones that do not support mods really need too. Thank you to the team for all the hard work and time involved with modding and mod tools. Thank you to the community for being so helpful. :-D Edited by Guest

In response to post #43554350.

dinosw wrote: +1 for NeMO & NMO

There are some fun suggestions, but I'd rather it be simple.
I am against the idea, of simply naming it NMM, as it will not be a continuation of that program, nor a merge using parts of the program.
A new program, built from the ground up, deserves a new name, and having it use both Nexus and Mod Organiser for the name, honors both of the programs, which we have used and loved.

+1

Unfortunately I never got an answer to my posting on 19 Oct 2016, and there seem to be more people interested to:

Any idea or perhaps a timeline from the devs about what period we are talking about? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Just because the day comes closer when I have to decide whether I start modding manually or wait for a tool.

In response to post #43600675.

hati39 wrote: Unfortunately I never got an answer to my posting on 19 Oct 2016, and there seem to be more people interested to:

Any idea or perhaps a timeline from the devs about what period we are talking about? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Just because the day comes closer when I have to decide whether I start modding manually or wait for a tool.

As a programmer, it's quite difficult to give an approximate release date, even harder if it is something this big from scratch, so wait a month, and probably they would have an idea of how much time this will take so they give us a date.

In response to post #43588495.

UnitD77 wrote: I like it. Why work against each other when you can just buy the competition and have them work for you.

I really hope the simple yes/no, install/uninstall nature of NMM makes it's way into the complex load ordering and over writing of MO. And don't forget to keep the "go to the nexus" button so I don't have to open a window and type "nex" before the autofinish kicks in, so much extra effort.

I really can't wait for this to come to fruition. While compatibility with new games is obvious, don't forget to allow support for older games. I would really like If i can have one manager for Skyrim, FO4 and SSE (Skyrim Special Edition).

But, istalling mods with "MO" IS easy! :/ But i agree o one - they should work together, not against one another. Edited by hellbert

I look forward to seeing how this turns out, and would like to extend an offer to poke at (read: beta test) some things as they get implemented. I also have a few ideas (that with my luck either you probably already thought of, or else they aren't feasible) if you're interested in hearing them.

In response to post #43600675.

hati39 wrote: Unfortunately I never got an answer to my posting on 19 Oct 2016, and there seem to be more people interested to:

As a programmer, it's quite difficult to give an approximate release date, even harder if it is something this big from scratch, so wait a month, and probably they would have an idea of how much time this will take so they give us a date.

Well, considering it was said that Tannin started working for the Nexus early august, and the announcement was made about 2 month later, in octobre, one *could* think that ~8 weeks of full time job (at 5 working days a week with 8 hours per working day this would be somewhere in the 320 hours ballpark) would be enough to get a first overview of the situation and to formulate a preliminary roadmap.

In response to post #43554350. #43600485 is also a reply to the same post.

dinosw wrote: +1 for NeMO & NMO

There are some fun suggestions, but I'd rather it be simple.
I am against the idea, of simply naming it NMM, as it will not be a continuation of that program, nor a merge using parts of the program.
A new program, built from the ground up, deserves a new name, and having it use both Nexus and Mod Organiser for the name, honors both of the programs, which we have used and loved.
hati39 wrote: +1

+1 for NeMO, 'cause you can easily pronounce it