Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So.. umm. I think it is a great news. On the other hand. For some really noobidie-noobs like me it will be pretty difficult to re-install anything that worked in NMM. On this one i have a suggestion: A simple database-file which lets the new mod-manager copy files from the directory into its own directory without re-installing the mods in the actual game, but takes over the load-order so it will just be the same? For I do not really know how I installed all those mods on the course of the last 5 years.. Still there must be players who have the good ol' stable save game with tons of mods (I have ~150) for many years.

Edit: Also in terms of overstressing the servers with mods on those: Adding this feature to allow users to move their mod-files OFF-line will be the best solution isntead of the higher demand for traffic. So re-downloading the mods will be unnecessary this way.

Edited by nikopol86

• 4 weeks later...

Exciting news! I just hope that there will be a more modern, refreshing UI scheme... My vote is a faded white and vibrant purple with a UI similar to what apps like Discord offers. That'd be Clean AF.

Looking forward to it. Best of Luck!

• 2 months later...

I am super late to the post but, does this mean that Mod Organizer is no longer supported by Nexus? I know I am still able to use the software. But I've been having an issue with MO and Nexus log in. It says

"03:00:09 [D] Working directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer

03:00:10 [C] request (http://nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Mods/1334/?game_id=110) error: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found

03:00:10 [W] request failed: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found"

I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but with no luck. I've tried going online and finding solution but they don't work. The NMM is a huge mess, but I am looking forward to it since Tannin42 is working with you guys to make it a better software for modding. Best of luck!

Edited by Lordofdeath1

• 2 years later...
In response to post #62471752.

Lordofdeath1 wrote: I am super late to the post but, does this mean that Mod Organizer is no longer supported by Nexus? I know I am still able to use the software. But I've been having an issue with MO and Nexus log in. It says
"03:00:09 [D] Working directory: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer
03:00:10 [C] request (http://nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Mods/1334/?game_id=110) error: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found
03:00:10 [W] request failed: Host nmm.nexusmods.com not found"
I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but with no luck. I've tried going online and finding solution but they don't work. The NMM is a huge mess, but I am looking forward to it since Tannin42 is working with you guys to make it a better software for modding. Best of luck!

and i'm super late to reply ;). nexusmods never supported mo officially (apart from the original mo author who developed vortex instead) as far as i know. but i can assure you that mo ist still community supported and up to date at least for bethesda games (and in the meantime even more games). i can confirm it works very nice and stable.