Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43595330. #43598015, #43602180, #43602340, #43602420, #43604900, #43605185, #43605330, #43605700, #43605730 are all replies on the same post.

Unitedleaf wrote:

Hey, I'm a little uncertain about Mod Organizer. I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I can't Find the questions and/or answers. Will there be some way to keep the mods for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition seperate? Will you be able to launch Skyrims Special Editions's script extender from Mod Organizer apart form SKSE? Will I need to reinstall Mod Organizer? Hopefully someone can help me clear up some confusion on this. BTW, I'm super pumped up for the release in two days!! :happy:

RedCaptainJackR wrote: I can answer that for you. Considering that Special Edition is a separate in the Steam Library, and has it's own Nexus Page now, it's a safe bet that Special Edition mods and regular Skyrim mods will be separate from each other.
BlueGunk wrote: I'm not sure if its right, but my approach is going to be to install a fresh MO in the new SE game folders and use it completely separately to the original game. In that way the two remain separate and there are no issues with launchers.

Later, once things are established, I'll probably remove my old game.
masc wrote: At the moment Mod organizer wont work at all with SSE, a game plugin for SSE to work with modorganizer is required. As Tannin is no longer developing MO this wont happen soon unless he kindly does it, someone else does or some hack to fool MO to use SSE is devised.
ousnius wrote: The game is now 64-bit, so even with a plugin MO won't work for SSE. MO2 might work once updated, but be very buggy. However it probably won't be updated.
grc472 wrote: Yeah, MO2 is what we need but unfortunately that's not going to happen. It looks like we MO users will have to switch over to NMM or just do it manually. Make sure you squirrel away a backup copy of the pristine installation before trying to add any mods to it.
SkyrimMigrantWorker wrote: Welp - that settles it for me - no MO = not worth the switch ... for now anyways. Until NMM can handle resource priorities better SSE may as well not exist!

#nevergoingback
grc472 wrote: I wouldn't go that far. I love Skyrim more than I love MO. A 64-bit DX11 version of Skyrim is not something I'm willing to wash my hands of. I'll get used to whatever tools are available to make it work.
SkyrimMigrantWorker wrote: Fair play to you GRC and enjoy!

But the advantages of a 64-bit version - personally - do not even come close to swaying me back to the current version of NMM.

My setup is gorgeous, stable and buttery for hours on end - and I know EXACTLY how I made it that way - with the help of MO. I also remember the constant headaches of mod builds prior to MO coming on the scene - and honestly - this upgrade would really be a downgrade for my own experience if I had to settle for NMM.
NexBeth wrote: This should clarify.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12905/?

MO/MO2 has for the moment been shelved as Tannin is now working with the team on developing NMM. That can only be a good thing if Tannin is able to bring some of the awesome features of MO to NMM, but only time will tell if that is the case. The same applies to whether or not Tannin will be able to devote time to developing MO2 again.

There is no reason to not try NMM for Skyrim SE while still having MO installed. You will have to install mods separately for the new 64 bit Skyrim anyway, in a separate folder to the old Skyrim allowing you to keep mods separate.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43601650. #43604110 is also a reply to the same post.

Metal-Gear-REX wrote: Probably a silly question is there a shorter way of typing in the URL? Right now we can just type in skyrimnexus.com and it brings us here. Is there something similar for Special Edition? I've tried a few variations with no success. Might just have to rely on bookmarks again.
VanishingPoints wrote: Create a favorites link.

probably not considering that's the old url scheme.

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235, #43594430 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive
iCrassa wrote: Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)
harosokman wrote: The old motto, "Mod it till it breaks" all over again...
DownBeatBeatDown wrote:
Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

We're talking about Zeni-Beth, yeah? Somehow, someway, they will find a way to ctd or bug you into Oblivion, even if they have to invent some. :p

"Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"
Oh my god, so I´m not the only one :D

In response to post #43595330. #43598015, #43602180, #43602340, #43602420, #43604900, #43605185, #43605330, #43605700, #43605730, #43605815 are all replies on the same post.

Unitedleaf wrote:

Hey, I'm a little uncertain about Mod Organizer. I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I can't Find the questions and/or answers. Will there be some way to keep the mods for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition seperate? Will you be able to launch Skyrims Special Editions's script extender from Mod Organizer apart form SKSE? Will I need to reinstall Mod Organizer? Hopefully someone can help me clear up some confusion on this. BTW, I'm super pumped up for the release in two days!! :happy:

RedCaptainJackR wrote: I can answer that for you. Considering that Special Edition is a separate in the Steam Library, and has it's own Nexus Page now, it's a safe bet that Special Edition mods and regular Skyrim mods will be separate from each other.
BlueGunk wrote: I'm not sure if its right, but my approach is going to be to install a fresh MO in the new SE game folders and use it completely separately to the original game. In that way the two remain separate and there are no issues with launchers.

masc wrote: At the moment Mod organizer wont work at all with SSE, a game plugin for SSE to work with modorganizer is required. As Tannin is no longer developing MO this wont happen soon unless he kindly does it, someone else does or some hack to fool MO to use SSE is devised.
ousnius wrote: The game is now 64-bit, so even with a plugin MO won't work for SSE. MO2 might work once updated, but be very buggy. However it probably won't be updated.
grc472 wrote: Yeah, MO2 is what we need but unfortunately that's not going to happen. It looks like we MO users will have to switch over to NMM or just do it manually. Make sure you squirrel away a backup copy of the pristine installation before trying to add any mods to it.
SkyrimMigrantWorker wrote: Welp - that settles it for me - no MO = not worth the switch ... for now anyways. Until NMM can handle resource priorities better SSE may as well not exist!

#nevergoingback
grc472 wrote: I wouldn't go that far. I love Skyrim more than I love MO. A 64-bit DX11 version of Skyrim is not something I'm willing to wash my hands of. I'll get used to whatever tools are available to make it work.

But the advantages of a 64-bit version - personally - do not even come close to swaying me back to the current version of NMM.

My setup is gorgeous, stable and buttery for hours on end - and I know EXACTLY how I made it that way - with the help of MO. I also remember the constant headaches of mod builds prior to MO coming on the scene - and honestly - this upgrade would really be a downgrade for my own experience if I had to settle for NMM.

Amelli wrote: MO/MO2 has for the moment been shelved as Tannin is now working with the team on developing NMM. That can only be a good thing if Tannin is able to bring some of the awesome features of MO to NMM, but only time will tell if that is the case. The same applies to whether or not Tannin will be able to devote time to developing MO2 again.

There is no reason to not try NMM for Skyrim SE while still having MO installed. You will have to install mods separately for the new 64 bit Skyrim anyway, in a separate folder to the old Skyrim allowing you to keep mods separate.

And when/if NMM is updated with MO-style priority handling - then the switch will be worth it.

The fact that it does not currently have the means to do so adequately is a damn good reason not to use it - especially if you are comfortable and confident with your current build.

In response to post #43595330. #43598015, #43602180, #43602340, #43602420, #43604900, #43605185, #43605330, #43605700, #43605730, #43605815, #43606530 are all replies on the same post.

Unitedleaf wrote:

#nevergoingback

Amelli wrote: MO/MO2 has for the moment been shelved as Tannin is now working with the team on developing NMM. That can only be a good thing if Tannin is able to bring some of the awesome features of MO to NMM, but only time will tell if that is the case. The same applies to whether or not Tannin will be able to devote time to developing MO2 again.

SkyrimMigrantWorker wrote: And when/if NMM is updated with MO-style priority handling - then the switch will be worth it.

The fact that it does not currently have the means to do so adequately is a damn good reason not to use it - especially if you are comfortable and confident with your current build.

Oh well. So much for my plans! Being an idiot I will try to use MO on SSE. After all, I need my fix of CTDs... Lol. Edited by BlueGunk

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235, #43594430, #43606435 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
DownBeatBeatDown wrote:

We're talking about Zeni-Beth, yeah? Somehow, someway, they will find a way to ctd or bug you into Oblivion, even if they have to invent some. :p
DasHobbyLP wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

The Force became a religion. Perhaps Skyrim Modding should be one, too? In game, pray at the Altar of the Divine Modder to heal your wounds and cure your diseases, and stave off the next CTD for five more minutes.

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235, #43594430, #43606435, #43607260 are all replies on the same post.

THIS IS SO TRUE
DownBeatBeatDown wrote:

DasHobbyLP wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"
BlueGunk wrote: The Force became a religion. Perhaps Skyrim Modding should be one, too? In game, pray at the Altar of the Divine Modder to heal your wounds and cure your diseases, and stave off the next CTD for five more minutes.

I cried a little at the realization of that being 100% truthful.

In response to post #43608390.

seranusgaming wrote: I've been reading that old Skyrim mods will still work with the SE version. Is this true and if so, I assume we can still use the NMM for the old and new mods?

Thanks!

See my reply on pg.2, and Arthmoor's response. On NMM, that's probably not a good assumption until the update is issued. Edited by DownBeatBeatDown