Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43594655. #43594905, #43595235, #43597165 are all replies on the same post.

Pixeldust wrote: Wish they did this with Oblivion or Morrowind instead. If one plays Skyrim on Windows 7, this special edition doesn't bring much new to the table, assuming they're using ENBboost and the memory fix among other things. Though due to the memory issue with all directx9 games on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, them re-releasing it on Directx11 is nice. I'm more worried that Skyrim will go wonky on SE if you have higher than 60 FPS, (unless you use NVIDIA Inspector, V-sync doesn't fix this.) The 60fps thing is also an issue on Fallout 4, to which I had to fix it by setting my FPS to 90, even then some of the computer terminals had issues. (It's like they don't even care that some pc gamers have monitors with 144hz, which makes 60FPS limiting rather noticeable and irritating.) There's also the issue of SLI, some people use multiple graphics cards, theres not too many issues with it in Skyrim, but it does cause the water to glitch with random ripples. Skyrim plays like a console port rather than a PC game.

I hope someone comes out with a script cleaner for this version of Skyrim as well, otherwise orphan scripts cause issues if you got enough of them.(This wasn't an issue in Oblivion as it never saved them like Skyrim does. Guess you'll just have to always make a save before adding in a mod, like you already should do just incase.)

Going to stick with playing Oblivion or Morrowind until all the mods and issues are fixed, which will probably take a couple of months. I'm glad the Nexus already has things setup in advance. Thank you for all your hard work.
pokenar wrote: The fact is making Skyrim Remastered takes a lot less effort than making Oblivion or Morrowind remastered, since half the work was already done due to using Skyrim to test FO4's engine.
Tanner811 wrote: its no that bethesda doesnt care about 144hz pc games, its that the engine doesn't play well with anything above 60fps. If you look closely with fo4 the physics on object actually speed up wityh higher that 60fps. Its an engine limitation and I hope they make a new engine for there next fo or elder scrolls gam
PeterMartyr wrote: I think your confusing Havok with Beth, new flash Bethesda don't own the Skyrim Game Physic. It rented, complain to Havok, not Bethesda.

Morrowind plugin format is so entirely different it would take quite the program to convert it. The big difference is no FormIDs which is what all Bethesda games after Morrowind rely on. A Morrowind reboot would be complicated but not impossible.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43595330.

Unitedleaf wrote:

Hey, I'm a little uncertain about Mod Organizer. I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I can't Find the questions and/or answers. Will there be some way to keep the mods for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition seperate? Will you be able to launch Skyrims Special Editions's script extender from Mod Organizer apart form SKSE? Will I need to reinstall Mod Organizer? Hopefully someone can help me clear up some confusion on this. BTW, I'm super pumped up for the release in two days!! :happy:

I can answer that for you. Considering that Special Edition is a separate in the Steam Library, and has it's own Nexus Page now, it's a safe bet that Special Edition mods and regular Skyrim mods will be separate from each other.

I'm sorry for the silly comment, but will SE be considered a new game by the program?

Will we need to launch scan for all our games and be the same as Fallout 4 and Skyrim (as in very different page altogether)

or more of a Launch SKSE vs Launch Skyrim kindda deal? (same page but different launcher)

In response to post #43585530.

bla08 wrote: Please release the site with proper categories.

It uses the same categories as the Skyrim site, but with a few categories broken up to multiple ones (like Audio, which is now three separate categories; SFX, Voice, Music).

If there are any specific categories you would want to see, now (today) is the time to say so, before the hordes of mods starts pouring in. :thumbsup:

In response to post #43599700.

Animaline wrote: I'm sorry for the silly comment, but will SE be considered a new game by the program?
Will we need to launch scan for all our games and be the same as Fallout 4 and Skyrim (as in very different page altogether)
or more of a Launch SKSE vs Launch Skyrim kindda deal? (same page but different launcher)

I would like to know this as well, seeing as the game will unlock tomorrow, and I would already like to grab a few mods ahead of time. currently it does not give an option to scan for SE (0.63.1).

I know you guys are working on the new mod manager, but unless it launches by tomorrow, would you not need to do a quick updated for SE?

In response to post #43599700. #43600710 is also a reply to the same post.

Animaline wrote: I'm sorry for the silly comment, but will SE be considered a new game by the program?
phalen wrote: I would like to know this as well, seeing as the game will unlock tomorrow, and I would already like to grab a few mods ahead of time. currently it does not give an option to scan for SE (0.63.1).

I know you guys are working on the new mod manager, but unless it launches by tomorrow, would you not need to do a quick updated for SE?

How about reading the last paragraph in the article you have commented on?

Probably a silly question is there a shorter way of typing in the URL? Right now we can just type in skyrimnexus.com and it brings us here. Is there something similar for Special Edition? I've tried a few variations with no success. Might just have to rely on bookmarks again. Edited by Metal-Gear-REX

In response to post #43595330. #43598015 is also a reply to the same post.

Unitedleaf wrote:

Hey, I'm a little uncertain about Mod Organizer. I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I can't Find the questions and/or answers. Will there be some way to keep the mods for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition seperate? Will you be able to launch Skyrims Special Editions's script extender from Mod Organizer apart form SKSE? Will I need to reinstall Mod Organizer? Hopefully someone can help me clear up some confusion on this. BTW, I'm super pumped up for the release in two days!! :happy:

RedCaptainJackR wrote: I can answer that for you. Considering that Special Edition is a separate in the Steam Library, and has it's own Nexus Page now, it's a safe bet that Special Edition mods and regular Skyrim mods will be separate from each other.

I'm not sure if its right, but my approach is going to be to install a fresh MO in the new SE game folders and use it completely separately to the original game. In that way the two remain separate and there are no issues with launchers.

Later, once things are established, I'll probably remove my old game. Edited by BlueGunk