So what now with regards to Mods?

hanslanda007

Well I'm struggling to understand the future with regards to Mods, I understand SSE is 64 bit as oppose to 32 bit and SKSE along with mods that work under SKSE need to be rebuilt.

But what about for example texture mods that don't require SKSE? Will mods like Bijin Warmaidens and Cabals aMidianBorn series be able to be installed in their current state, or will they require rebuilding should the Mod authors even decide to rebuild?

Many thanks in advance

A few bits of information about old mods and Skyrim SE from discussion topics in the mod author's forum:

• - old meshes will work;
  • - textures will work, except .TGA textures;
  • - BSA archives will have to be repackaged;
  • - you will have a tool released by Bethesda to convert animations;
  • - scripts will work.

A few bits of information about old mods and Skyrim SE from discussion topics in the mod author's forum:

• - old meshes will work;
  • - textures will work, except .TGA textures;
  • - BSA archives will have to be repackaged;
  • - you will have a tool released by Bethesda to convert animations;
  • - scripts will work.

Wow that amazing, seems simple enough.

Edited by Boombro

they will need to be run through the new CK but beyond that we dont know anything beyond speculation.

Arthmoor has Spoken ... let none gainsay what he hath spake.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

Edit

Verily Tis True

Edited by PeterMartyr

WOW some great info above, this transition to Special Edition may not be as painful as I first thought.

Cheers guys

Not only that, but you'll also be able to push the engine and your computer more than ever before without causing instability & less than stellar framerates.