SKSE

Lodbrok

edit: my daughter found those, but now we get encryption Key not found error

Ok... When and where do you get that message? In the console? When you attempt to launch, or...?!

Just try to start over by following these cleaner steps:

1. Start by pressing win+R, and then pasting: steam://nav/console

2. A steam console should appear now, just paste the following line: download_depot 489830 489833 911281757511576655

3. The v1.5.3 exe will downloaded to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

4. Just go to where the exe was downloaded and paste the old exe inside your root skyrim folder replacing the "new" one.

If it doesn't work, have Steam validate you game files (it will download what's missing...) Then start over.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This needs to be a banner at the top of the main page or somewhere stickied where everyone can see this.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This needs to be a banner at the top of the main page or somewhere stickied where everyone can see this.

Glad to be of service, it was a very uplifting discovery.

Cdredz (the guy responsible for presenting these much simpler and cleaner steps than I was able to), have since created a dedicated thread for it. I doubt it will get pinned, but at least it will be easily accessible when people search for solutions later :smile:

(Since he basically "stole" my thunder by presenting his much simpler steps (which undoubtedly is mighty appreciated), I didn't bother give him cred initially :laugh: )

Edited by vertikal

edit: my daughter found those, but now we get encryption Key not found error

Ok... When and where do you get that message? In the console? When you attempt to launch, or...?!

Just try to start over by following these cleaner steps:

1. Start by pressing win+R, and then pasting: steam://nav/console

2. A steam console should appear now, just paste the following line: download_depot 489830 489833 911281757511576655

3. The v1.5.3 exe will downloaded to [...]steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489833

4. Just go to where the exe was downloaded and paste the old exe inside your root skyrim folder replacing the "new" one.

If it doesn't work, have Steam validate you game files (it will download what's missing...) Then start over.

THANKS A LOT, vertikal!! Now I can play Skyrim again.

Edited by tidato