SKSE

Lodbrok

How would I go about submitting a bug report?

I think that SKSE64 has a potential memory leak, my MO2 is crashing and then skyrim is crashing after it. Skyrim either freezes and shows ~90% memory usage in task manager or it CTD with no error message. One time I got a driver stack overflow BSOD which I never got before ever but that only happened once.

In either case after skyrim crashed and I'm back to desktop, MO2 is not running anymore and/or its giving me an error saying it cant write files there is not enough memory or similar.

They are not offering any support for SKSE64 at this time. It is in Alpha - and only modders (people that make mods) are being encouraged to use it. However, it is obviously open for anyone else to download and use as well. But because it is in Alpha - no support of any kind is being offered. That means no bug reports to send in - because no one would be reading them.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would I go about submitting a bug report?

I think that SKSE64 has a potential memory leak, my MO2 is crashing and then skyrim is crashing after it. Skyrim either freezes and shows ~90% memory usage in task manager or it CTD with no error message. One time I got a driver stack overflow BSOD which I never got before ever but that only happened once.

In either case after skyrim crashed and I'm back to desktop, MO2 is not running anymore and/or its giving me an error saying it cant write files there is not enough memory or similar.

They are not offering any support for SKSE64 at this time. It is in Alpha - and only modders (people that make mods) are being encouraged to use it. However, it is obviously open for anyone else to download and use as well. But because it is in Alpha - no support of any kind is being offered. That means no bug reports to send in - because no one would be reading them.

Eh no, that's the whole point of testing the alpha by mod makers. But this MO related bug is obviously gonna need testing outside MO, otherwise it's useless.

Eh no, that's the whole point of testing the alpha by mod makers. But this MO related bug is obviously gonna need testing outside MO, otherwise it's useless.

I'm referencing the SKSE page itself - where they say they are offering no support at this time.

I'm referencing the SKSE page itself - where they say they are offering no support at this time.

Offering no support is simply that they can't help you fix your problems. It's not the same as taking legitimate bug reports during alpha testing.

I streamed Skyrim SE yesterday for 4 hours, I crashed once at around the 2 hour mark and that was it, no error message. Not in the same spot in game, but MO2 wasn't running anymore after the crash. The game stuttered for a sec as if it was trying to load something then froze.

I can live with a random crash after a few hours, I tried re creating the crash and wasn't able to. I also downloaded the ini file for 'lazy' users and I think that may have helped as well.

In terms of the bug report, should I post papyrus logs load order etc? or just info on the error mesages I'm getting? I'm not trying to be rude just trying to assist if I can.

Offering no support is simply that they can't help you fix your problems. It's not the same as taking legitimate bug reports during alpha testing.

I personally just think it's too early. Especially since Mod Organizer isn't even being developed anymore. It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that it isn't even 100% functional with Special Edition - which is why I haven't been using it. Though I also heard this when the Special Edition had just launched, things could have changed I suppose. I haven't been keeping up with Special Edition stuff too much.

I personally just think it's too early. Especially since Mod Organizer isn't even being developed anymore. It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that it isn't even 100% functional with Special Edition - which is why I haven't been using it. Though I also heard this when the Special Edition had just launched, things could have changed I suppose. I haven't been keeping up with Special Edition stuff too much.

MO2 works and is functional. I'd say its still preferable to NMM, though NMM is a very convienient and user friendly way to mod. Its got a few bugs but restarting the client usually fixes any and all of them. Its not as clean and slick as MO yet in terms of stability but hopefully someone will pick it back up and tighten the screws, if they haven't already.

I've used both NMM and MO2 for modding SSE and the only downside to using MO2 is this bug I'm experiencing. Otherwise, all the advantages MO2 offers over NMM are static.