SKSE

Lodbrok

Steam doesn't have to be offline if you use the SKSE launcher. Never run SkyrimSSE.exe (or whatever it's called) directly, if you set Steam to only update on game start you have no problem.

I don't get why this false information continues to circulate. Steam most definitely needs to be online to load the game and attempting to load it through the SKSE loader will force the client to start up, at which point your update will commence whether you want it to or not.

Maybe it's my choice of words and I should have added that Steam needs to be running first. ( I use the 'start with Windows' option in settings). Then launch the game using SKSE loader, if you have mods depending on SKSE. I keep reading that people try to run it offline, of course that is not the way to do it. Never my intention to spread false info.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bethesda, you broke my game (again). Heavily modded Skyrim SE & now when I launch through MO 2.1.5 SKSE is not recognised. I did the DL previous SkyrimSE.exe version & copy to game folder thing, but without success. Immediately after game load, I get several incompatible SKSE version error windows version 0.0.0 installed. Guess I'l have to wait for next SKSE64 update :(