Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43921355.

sm4rt7 wrote: Would it be possible to stop making the site load all over again when you select another tab on a mod page? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have to click return like 5 times to go back to the browsing menu doesn't that put a lot of strain on the servers?

I second this. It would not be too hard to implement, either, whilst helping both their servers and my patience (the slow internet struggle)

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still having a lot of category issues in NMM. Some mods go in the wrong categories, and some don't appear in any category at all unless I reset all mods to unassigned.

EDIT: Nevermind, I never got notified of the latest update! Categories seem to be fixed now.

Edited by Crawfishness

In response to post #43921355. #43932955 is also a reply to the same post.

sm4rt7 wrote: Would it be possible to stop making the site load all over again when you select another tab on a mod page? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have to click return like 5 times to go back to the browsing menu doesn't that put a lot of strain on the servers?
IvanIlyich wrote: I second this. It would not be too hard to implement, either, whilst helping both their servers and my patience (the slow internet struggle)

This is related to Microsoft Edge being absolutely awful and hating web developers. We're looking into it but can't promise anything. The easy fix is to use a web browser that isn't awful, but if you can't do that for whatever reason, we'll try and help.

I'm having a problem with NMM where I click "download with NMM" and it won't open the download window at all, never had that happen before so I have been downloading manually I prefer the other way though. I hope this isn't something I did... Edited by Aeowynne

In response to post #43963195.

Aeowynne wrote: I'm having a problem with NMM where I click "download with NMM" and it won't open the download window at all, never had that happen before so I have been downloading manually I prefer the other way though. I hope this isn't something I did...

Check your browser's or nmm's administration privileges.

In response to post #43700810. #43778580, #43784575, #43915705 are all replies on the same post.

lionheartdamacy wrote: I went ahead and paid for premium for a month--only $3, really fast download speeds, and that money might help ease the burn of a million downloads per second. I'm impressed this announcement didn't ask people to sign up for this service. During this hour of need, even I (a pretty big cheapskate, shh) am willing to support Nexus Mods.
Terrra wrote: seriously? trying to bait people? A bit low don't you think...?
UnnecessaryByron wrote: If trying to be high and mighty is baiting, then yes, yes he is.
rignes wrote: Actually, I think what he's trying to say is that if you can afford it and you like the service Nexusmods offers then it would help them endure the extra burden caused by the release of Skyrim SE. If enough people subscribe for even a short while then maybe they can come back online sooner.

Subscribe if you want to, or do not subscribe if you don't want to. I'm not the original poster, but I don't get the impression he was trying to guilt trip anyone.

Terrra
seriously? trying to bait people? A bit low don't you think...?

How in the hell was he baiting people?

All he was saying was that he likes The Nexus so much, and since they were having bandwidth problems the past few days, the least he could do, (even someone as cheap as him, as HE himself pointed out), was to help the Nexus out and give them some money to help alleviate the problem.

In response to post #43921355. #43932955, #43955055 are all replies on the same post.

IvanIlyich wrote: I second this. It would not be too hard to implement, either, whilst helping both their servers and my patience (the slow internet struggle)
Dark0ne wrote: This is related to Microsoft Edge being absolutely awful and hating web developers. We're looking into it but can't promise anything. The easy fix is to use a web browser that isn't awful, but if you can't do that for whatever reason, we'll try and help.

Oh god, not again!

I suffered through having to help my friend's company build 2 websites for each of his clients back in the day.
A website that could handle normal, web complaint browsers and a completely redesigned website to accommodate and handle that horrible non-compliant Internet Explorer 6 for the people who REFUSED to stop using Windows XP.

Now it sounds like Microsoft has renewed that all over again with their "Edge" browser....*sigh*

In response to post #43909185.

MayuriMiku wrote: Ever since i reloaded the categories, some mods are still in in the wrong place, and quite a few big mods i had installed a few mins before are now gone completely.

And now whenever i try to add a mod via Nexus, it doesn't appear in the list even though it says completed.

That's because the mods have been recategorized into categories you aren't using.
Upgrade to NMM 0.63.6, then pick "Categories: Update and reset to Nexus site defaults"

then, if you like your mods to be "Unassigned", then pick "Categories: reset all mods to unassigned"