Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43703680.

230LPO wrote: Remind me why I paid money to access the downloads without any data caps again? I dig the fact you need money to support the site and that you have adds running to make ends meet, but can't you just cap or shut off the mods for the game causing the heavy traffic and leave the rest of us alone?

Oh please, do you think their Enterprise set up is the same as what Google or Microsoft would have? It's very rare the traffic is this high (and if anything it's a great thing that Nexus is getting so much traffic and activity again).

Have some patience, just because you've paid them to support (which everyone will appreciate) doesn't mean you get 100% uptime from them, no company in the world could meet that expectation.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43703680. #43703940 is also a reply to the same post.

230LPO wrote: Remind me why I paid money to access the downloads without any data caps again? I dig the fact you need money to support the site and that you have adds running to make ends meet, but can't you just cap or shut off the mods for the game causing the heavy traffic and leave the rest of us alone?
Laptop65 wrote: Oh please, do you think their Enterprise set up is the same as what Google or Microsoft would have? It's very rare the traffic is this high (and if anything it's a great thing that Nexus is getting so much traffic and activity again).

Have some patience, just because you've paid them to support (which everyone will appreciate) doesn't mean you get 100% uptime from them, no company in the world could meet that expectation.

Nowhere have they said they shut down mods. Read it again

In response to post #43702785. #43703270 is also a reply to the same post.

MickyFoley wrote: To all, complaining sarcastic & ironic about the downtime:
At 99,9%, all of you don't have this nice, shiny, green text for saying: "Hey, at least I supported the Nexus and so I can text my sadness about the downtime." This would at least be reasonable & understandable. But the service is for free. No, you don't need to support anyone. But just understand, that there are limits.

Limits, maybe not that fast broken if more people would support them. More servers, better speeds. Well, I stop here. I think, you got the message.
phell666 wrote: Amen! I couldn't say it better :D

Right :thumbsup:

In response to post #43702785. #43703270, #43704190 are all replies on the same post.

At 99,9%, all of you don't have this nice, shiny, green text for saying: "Hey, at least I supported the Nexus and so I can text my sadness about the downtime." This would at least be reasonable & understandable. But the service is for free. No, you don't need to support anyone. But just understand, that there are limits.

Limits, maybe not that fast broken if more people would support them. More servers, better speeds. Well, I stop here. I think, you got the message.
zcul wrote: Right :thumbsup:

+1 :) this site isn't for the irrational but the enthusiast

In response to post #43702785. #43703270, #43704190, #43704300 are all replies on the same post.

zcul wrote: Right :thumbsup:
badkrma wrote: +1 :) this site isn't for the irrational but the enthusiast

lol exactly.

Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future, coming from a user just like you:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Let us not forget the Nexus staff either! The guys who work around the clock, particularly during heavy traffic times like this, who make it all possible. Skyrim wouldn't be what it is without the modders but if it weren't for the incredible people running The Nexus what many of us have come to take for granted would have never been possible in the first place! They have worked just as hard as Skyrim's modders and I feel that they get the short-end of the stick, in terms of appreciation, because the focus is often directly on modding/modders of Skyrim, not so much on the site that hosts them. So we must also be appreciative and respectful of the Nexus staff, especially now more than ever as they are currently experiences higher volumes of site traffic than ever before and have a lot of work cut out for them to manage this situation brought on by SSE.

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders and Nexus staff that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

THANK YOU to all modders, you guys and gals are amazing people! AND HUUUUGE thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything you do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!

Edited by ThyHarrowing