ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to pack Skyrim SE mods

Packing my mod Sands of Time for xbox crashes the creation kit everytime, after about 10 minutes of it trying to make the archive. Can the archive be made manually? SOT is close to 3 gigs without compression, with 7zip compresses to 900 megs. With winzip it is about 1.2 gigs.

XBox only allows 1gig max per mod I thought? Might have to double check that

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packing my mod Sands of Time for xbox crashes the creation kit everytime, after about 10 minutes of it trying to make the archive. Can the archive be made manually? SOT is close to 3 gigs without compression, with 7zip compresses to 900 megs. With winzip it is about 1.2 gigs.

XBox only allows 1gig max per mod I thought? Might have to double check that

yup. learned the limit the hard way....

From what I understood and feel free to correct this procedure if you feel its wrong.

• The Archive tool in the tools should not be used.( doesn't compress and doesn't convert )
  • The CK inner packer is the one to be used , the other in loose folder is old and not supported

Can you please remove this from your post? As I already told you in the private CK beta forum, this is completely incorrect. It compresses just fine and is not "old and not supported" considering Archive.exe is what the CK calls on the command line when packing the BSAs.

As you already shared with me in the private forum, you simply didn't know that you had to check the option "Compress Archive" and as far as conversion goes, it's completely irrelevant, as anyone can unpack their Skyrim BSAs with any number of programs, and repack it using Archive.exe.

So, for the PC version, do we or do we not need to check "compress archive"? What about for XBox?

for pc is not required I think , when I did it worked the same , but for Xbox yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered else where, I'm trying to convert my mods to Skyrim Special Edition, But im not sure which files I have to upload for use on Nexus. I have two bsa files and the plugin file, Do I zip and upload all of them? Be honest this is frying my head and its probably really simple.

And how can I edit .ESM Master files? CK wont let me set it as active file......

Make backup copy of your mod.Change copy of your mods file name mod.esm to mod.esp then Use SSEEdit and remove the Record Flag ESM and save. Should work.

Shouldn't even have to do that. There's a step-by-step tutorial at creationkit.com on properly cleaning files in TES5Edit (obvioulsy applies to SSEEdit) about cleaning the .ESM files of the DLC's, and any .ESPs you might have. Follow that or whater link is provided to you by LOOT or MO, or BOSS if you still use that.

Sorry if this has been answered else where, I'm trying to convert my mods to Skyrim Special Edition, But im not sure which files I have to upload for use on Nexus. I have two bsa files and the plugin file, Do I zip and upload all of them? Be honest this is frying my head and its probably really simple.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

I might not have explained myself properly. I have converted my mod already, I am just not sure which files I have to upload to nexus. I'm totally not getting this sorry, So must I upload the two bsa files the esp and the texture and meshes folders. Is this correct?

Edited by chazzee23

This seems overly convoluted (more than it needs to be)... I see no reason to manually add files to the list as in points 5-7 & 11... the only thing this achieves for me; is that a few of my textures end up in BOTH .bsa archives... Strange, but just using it as-is works fine, you'd only need to add files that are not automatically added to the list.

I might not have explained myself properly. I have converted my mod already, I am just not sure which files I have to upload to nexus. I'm totally not getting this sorry, So must I upload the two bsa files the esp and the texture and meshes folders. Is this correct?

If you have all your mod files into the 2 .bsa archives, then you do not need to upload your loose texture/mesh folders, the point of the .bsa archives is to contain your mod files that are in the loose folders, keep them separate from other files and compression, only 3 main files need to be in the ZIP archive that you upload to Nexus, the .esp and the 2 .bsa archives.