Creation Kit for Skyrim Special Edition

TerrorFox1234

In response to post #62910351. #69034221, #73481468, #75005848 are all replies on the same post.

qeissoneguin wrote: someone help me? I downloaded the creation kit but when I start it looks like this: "The program can not be initialized because steam_api64.dll is missing on your computer. try reintaling it to resolve this problem"
EpicSpire001 wrote: did you ever figure out how to fix, i have same issue.
ViktorReznovv wrote: search and download the dll, and put it in your program files. you can search a tutorial on YT if u want, donwloading Dll its kinda easy.
n11nat wrote: You can just copy the dll from another game in your steam directory

where do i paste the dll? i found it and copied it but idk where to put it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I found that Bethesda just presumes you have the latest Visual C++ dlls already enabled; if they provide one with the install it doesn't work.

For those of you playing at home (on Windows), navigate to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads and grab it from the official source.

If you're using Linux... you're probably already savvy enough to know where to look for yourself.

Macs... I guess the philosophy is that apple does everything for you so ask them?? ( c; )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
In response to post #85564333.

icycoldname wrote: Personally, I found that Bethesda just presumes you have the latest Visual C++ dlls already enabled; if they provide one with the install it doesn't work.

For those of you playing at home (on Windows), navigate to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads and grab it from the official source.

If you're using Linux... you're probably already savvy enough to know where to look for yourself.
Macs... I guess the philosophy is that apple does everything for you so ask them?? ( c; )

**This is an unnecessary comment, and can be ignored**

This made me laugh way harder than it should have.