⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

I Got Banned

buddah

I got banned from the chatroom because I sweared and then tried to make a point that people could just act more friendly there instead of kicking otherwise well-behaving users off.

Makes me really sad to try and be part of a community that I feel could be very interesting and then just getting beaten down for no other reason than: "I said so! Stop talking! Stop talking! Stop talking! Cos I said so! Shut up! You're BANNED!"

:(

LOL

im afraid i have to concur with this. the few times ive hovered in the chatroom, i saw so many people kicked for the silliest reasons. asking for "too much" help is the one that really bothered me.

and then they like to kick people they just dont like. maybe its a way to keep the thousands of users from using the chat and clogging it. i dunno

whatever anyway, still great website, just dont use the chat if u dont like all the rules and dissolute moderation i guess. tis a little sad though given the good spirit of the rest of the site

Maybe next time your in the chat, you should read this

Note: this is not a support chat. This is a general chat about anything and everything (within the rules) that our members want to talk about. If you ask troubleshooting questions here don't expect (or demand) an answer. Ask nicely and someone might answer you (if they know the answer) but don't expect an answer and don't continually repeat your question.

Your question would be better asked on the forums.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got banned from the chatroom because I sweared and then tried to make a point that people could just act more friendly there instead of kicking otherwise well-behaving users off.

Makes me really sad to try and be part of a community that I feel could be very interesting and then just getting beaten down for no other reason than: "I said so! Stop talking! Stop talking! Stop talking! Cos I said so! Shut up! You're BANNED!"

:(

LOL

im afraid i have to concur with this. the few times ive hovered in the chatroom, i saw so many people kicked for the silliest reasons. asking for "too much" help is the one that really bothered me.

and then they like to kick people they just dont like. maybe its a way to keep the thousands of users from using the chat and clogging it. i dunno

whatever anyway, still great website, just dont use the chat if u dont like all the rules and dissolute moderation i guess. tis a little sad though given the good spirit of the rest of the site

Maybe next time your in the chat, you should read this

Note: this is not a support chat. This is a general chat about anything and everything (within the rules) that our members want to talk about. If you ask troubleshooting questions here don't expect (or demand) an answer. Ask nicely and someone might answer you (if they know the answer) but don't expect an answer and don't continually repeat your question.

Your question would be better asked on the forums.

yes, ive seen this text before. but the people ive seen kicked, were asking nicely, and sometimes i was even helping them when they ask one too many questions and bam, kicked

dont worry about it, theres no next time for me anyway))

Easy way to handle it - take it to private chat to keep from cluttering up the public chat.

I help a lot on the forums - the chat is an extremely poor help medium - I absolutely REFUSE! to help in chat.

But why???

it encourages a 20 questions mentality - ask one simple question, get one simple answer - then ask another simple question, get another simple answer - this can take up an hour or more to find what the problem is. On the forum ,the asker MUST actually THINK!!! about what they want to ask, and can give a lot of relevant information in just one or two posts. Then, more than one person can bring their expertise into the topic.

I have seen too many chats that go like this

Q. My game is broke plz how to fix?

A. What game

Q. Skyrim

A.What is broke

Q if I knew that I wouldn't be asking

A. If you can't give me some info about what it's doing I can't help

Q. OK, It's not loading.

A. What is it doing when you try to load?

On and on and on with the helper having to pry bits and pieces out of the asker. Then after a half hour learns the game is stolen and is so far out of date it can't run most mods. Or it's a kiddie trying to get a mod to work on a console.

On the forum - if the asker has any brains at all they are already posting in the topic for their game - you don't have to ask.

Post 1 Q. My game is broke plz how to fix?

A. to post 1 - We need some info to help. please give me the version, where it is installed (path) has it ever worked? Where did you get the game? Do you have any mods? etc etc.

Then the second round you have most of the relevant info and can get right to troubleshooting. AND, you don't have to give a quick instant answer - you have time to look things up and can actually give a much longer answer if it is needed - not every problem can be fixed in the kind of short choppy text you use on chat. Some actually need a much longer answer which can then be checked by rereading what you just wrote to see if it really makes any sense or not - and edited if needed before posting.

yes, ive seen this text before. but the people ive seen kicked, were asking nicely, and sometimes i was even helping them when they ask one too many questions and bam, kicked

Arh the guy who was arguing with EVERY rule from language to spamming, moaning about pirates getting kicked, annoying lots of regulars with creepy stuff then ends it with this little gem which resulted in your chat ban after a few kicks and warnings that you ignored:

"Ichibu

ah screw it, this place is run by epic nazis,
"

Arh the guy who was arguing with EVERY rule from language to spamming, moaning about pirates getting kicked, annoying lots of regulars with creepy stuff then ends it with this little gem which resulted in your chat ban after a few kicks and warnings that you ignored:

"Ichibu

ah screw it, this place is run by epic nazis,
"

you mean like "kicked for annoying me"?

and considering how many rules there apparently are, im quite sure i didnt find the time to argue with EVERY rule. as it happens i remember saying that this is not my website and rules are rules.... i only recall commenting that its strange i get kicked for talking about my mod that is hosted here on this same website.

hardly surprising u twist truth to make ur point.. and if u didnt figure it out, i was very much expecting a ban. i dont want to return. you are a terrible, terrible moderator, it stuns me that u have this authority to begin with.

but ive said my piece on this. and the chat numbers speak volumes. always 20/~1,000,000, lol

Ichibu:

You have indeed said you piece and have been allowed to do so despite your ignoring more of the rules of this site. It also appears from other of your post that you have issue with this site in general...specifically

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/947990-watch-out-for-ransomware-nexusexe/?p=7715382

If you had read the ToS you would know that there is a right way to air your grievances with the moderation of this site. As per the ToS below:

Nexus site staff
Nexus sites are owned and maintained by Robin Scott (member name "Dark0ne"). Robin is regarded as “the law” on Nexus sites and he has the final say on any action that might need to be taken regarding a breach of the terms of service for any Nexus site. What Robin says goes irrespective of whether there has been a breach of the terms of service or not.

Nexus sites and the forums are staffed by un-paid volunteers (known as “moderators” and "staff") who work hard to insure the smooth operation of Nexus sites and encourage a healthy community. The moderators and other admin on the site have been given specific privileges by Robin to keep the site clean of the bad articles listed in these terms and use their own personal judgement, that Robin trusts, to come to decisions.

These moderators have a right to carry out their task without harassment, insult or hassle. Members who believe that a member of staff is not conducting themselves properly should get in contact with Robin via the forums or email. Know that if Robin receives word of any members harassing or being rude to Nexus site staff then he will take every action possible to permanently remove them from his sites.

So if you still have issue then please by all means contact Dark0ne regarding your concerns and refrain from a continued discussion here. This is not the correct way and now you have been told what is.~Lisnpuppy

but ive said my piece on this. and the chat numbers speak volumes. always 20/~1,000,000, lol

Just because a site has a ton of members does not mean that they will all want to chat. I, personally, have never used a chat thing, and probably never will. I'm just not a talkative person. It is quite possible that most of the members of this site spend their time playing the games that this site is built for, since that is, I'm sure, the primary thing that draws them to the site.

About 20 regulars in chat all time of 1 million users from around the world and all possible time zones to me sounds like quite a good number.

I'm not using the chat room myself either. I prefer the more personal ways to conversation like through PMs, forum topics or mod comments, to help people with their troubles.

A chat room just doesn't cut it, if you want to talk to some individual, and I'm not that high on free time lately either, for me to attend to any live chats.

That being said, I was lately reminded of coming close to about 200 kudos now. I never paid attention, so I would've never known otherwise, but if that 200 means 200 people I helped, in comments, posts and PMs, now being happy and enjoying their game, that's a good thing. And I never needed to enter the chat room to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt get a notice, i made a reference to a song that i doubt anyone ever heard, i never found it but i do know of a part, guess humor doesnt work in text...

the exact reference was "smoke weed everyday" and i sorta expected that since i think it was a very old song, i just find that line humorous especially since a famous youtuber made a reference to that song at the end of an episode that many people liked...so sorry bout that, and yes it was a chat ban

i dont know if its a perma ban or not, and there was no link so...and if there was something in the rules thing, after an hour i have forgot most of it, ill look over it again to see if you cant reference things without a link

Edited by jackdc071