I Got Banned

buddah

People ARE unbanned, I've seen several "account reinstated" posts in these forums. It's significantly more rare than the banned or warning posts, but it happens.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People ARE unbanned, I've seen several "account reinstated" posts in these forums. It's significantly more rare than the banned or warning posts, but it happens.

Exactly. Search the "Rules & Strikes" forum for the term "Reinstated". You'll see a bunch. (And not every reinstatement gets a formal notice, so there are even more appeals that have been successful.)

Every case is considered individually, but the Nexus is not a public square.

There is no "Right to Free Speech" here. There are rules and we enforce them.

(Shocking for an internet communty, I know. But there it is. :laugh: )

The keys are simple: Be polite. Be honest. And if the rules were broken, acknowledge that. These won't guarantee reinstatement, but the lack of them almost guarantees an appeal will be denied.

[EDIT: One thing that will get an appeal rejected immediately is attempting to create another account while waiting for an appeal to be decided. We see it all the time... :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Thandal
Added a tip to the wise.

can you please help delete my account! no matter how hard i try i cant contact the staff to help me delete my account! i've tried searching for days for a "delete account button" but its not anbywhere

can you please help delete my account! no matter how hard i try i cant contact the staff to help me delete my account! i've tried searching for days for a "delete account button" but its not anbywhere

There isn't one.

I'll close your account.

That would be because the process is for you to submit a request to have your account closed here: Account Closure Request.

(But no need now, since TVD already handled yours. :wink: )

• 3 weeks later...

OK I AM NOT BANNED but I can no longer enter chat. can someone tell me why this şs? thank you ( please send me a message inbox)

noones answering. Thanks a lot I guess. Sorry for whatever I may have done

The reason no one answered was most likely because you asked for a message to your inbox, and as such most people just assume that the likelyhood for someone else answering is pretty high.

As for your problem, are you using google chrome and/or veoh toolbar? I know that there has been someone who had the same problem, but the chat still worked once one either switched browser, or finally uninstalled a veoh toolbar that was installed (no idea why though).

yeah I got banned for swearing after losing my temper, yet the other one in the argument didn't because although he was insulting me he didn't swear :p so he got off free

• If a member of staff (noticeable by the colour of their names; blue, green or red) tells you to stop doing something then stop doing it. Don't argue about it as you'll probably get banned.

Not trying to start something or come off as hostile; but I feel like this could be abused. If that's all there is to it, anyways. If an Admin was annoyed by someone for something small, like a joke, they could tell them to knock off their crappy humor(as the Admin would see it) and that would have to be the end of things. If the person tries at it again(or becomes defensive); ban! Not saying that every Admin would be this much of a tyrant; but there is always that possibility.

I've already seen a little bit of it on the first page. If someone so much as annoys an Admin, they'll give them a strike. And in my opinion; everyone should be treating everyone fairly. Why bother with someone that dislikes the admins? Sure, it sucks to be disrespected- but it's a bit "Listen to me only, peasant! Or risk the chopping of your head off." when they're not allowed personal speech. Imo; what they say doesn't really affect the #No Piracy #No cursing(if cursing isn't involved) #No mature site linking, ect. Just an old style #Listen to your betters and always respect them.

I agree wholly that people need to follow the site rules; but at the same time... an Admin shouldn't be able to allow strikes or bans over the smallest of things. Especially when they don't affect your list, Buddah.

Hello, I was banned from Skyrim.nexusmods.com because i posted link in the chat room, and now i have been banned for ever. I dont know why i was banned perminetly because this thing which i have done did no damage.

Anyway I am posting this message because I already asked for unban 24 hours ago and i have no answer. I hope they will unban me because not only my account banned, but my whole ip address (i cant even connect with my other account that i have created today with my mobile phone) .

I am very sorry for what i have done and i am asking for unban. My mistake will not happen again. My banned account is " martuksxxxx " .

Sorry for bad english.

Hello, I was banned from Skyrim.nexusmods.com because i posted link in the chat room, and now i have been banned for ever. I dont know why i was banned perminetly because this thing which i have done did no damage.

Anyway I am posting this message because I already asked for unban 24 hours ago and i have no answer. I hope they will unban me because not only my account banned, but my whole ip address (i cant even connect with my other account that i have created today with my mobile phone) .

I am very sorry for what i have done and i am asking for unban. My mistake will not happen again. My banned account is " martuksxxxx " .

Sorry for bad english.

By creating a new account you've probably ruined your appeal, why didn't you wait for an answer? the staff aren't here 24/7 and have a ton of other things to do.