I Got Banned

buddah

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my only account I've used I signed up back around 2011, and been following the nexus site ever since. May you guys lift up this ip ban? I don't know how this ip got banned, we've recently just switched to ATT from old COX cable when my family moved to a new household. I haven't been active until now since I'm in the military and currently on break, will be back again next week until then I just want to be able to use the site while I'm on break since I'm unable to visit the place as much while I'm on duty.

is the ban permanent?

'Bans' are always permanent, or they would be temporary 'suspensions'.

There is a 1-time opportunity to 'appeal' for your ban to be lifted and apologize for any wrongdoing, but creating another account instead of making the appeal and waiting for an answer will always lead to the appeal being denied and all successive accounts to be banned on sight, for 'ban circumvention' and violating the 'no multiple accounts' rule.

A different thing entirely it is with 'chat' bans. The appeal system cannot be used for these, as it's not a 'site' ban. One could try apologizing for the misbehavior and talking through it with the moderator/admin who issued the chat ban via PM, the staff usually can be talked with, if one's polite about it and accepts a 'no' for a 'no', but discussing these things publically in a forum topic is again a ToS violation and can lead to a 'site' ban instead.

That being said, what ban are you talking of? Or better yet, discuss this with a staff member in private, like I said.

Why do you have to make a point?

Seriously, you think it's easy to be a chat moderator? You expect a chat moderator to listen to your back talk? It's just childish. A kick is a friendly warning. Ban equals gone. As you have now learned the hard(headed) way.

I don't find anything redeemable in your post at all. If you would like to be a contributing part of the community, why not start with following the rules?

As posted on the chat room entrance:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/nexstuff/wedontplaytechnicalityChess.jpg

You were banned for having a avatar that was racial slur towards Gypsies, and when asked to change it came back with a child smoking a spliff, the ban stands.