[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

So many words xD, I finally saw it. You meant this part correct?

If all that sounds horrible to you because you want the new weapons but just love the vanilla weapon setup/balance/etc... well I don't really understand that preference, but still; good news there. The assets in WARS are all planned to be a modder's resource for FO4 mods (if appropriate credit is included), so the permissions should be there for that to happen. I'm not currently planning to make an alternate, "lite" version of WARS myself though - before anyone asks. I don't like the vanilla weapon setup; that's why I'm changing it in this mod. I just don't have time to make something in a way I don't like and won't use myself - especially on top of all the work I'm already doing. Sorry.

Basically if anyone gives you credit, they can take that resource that you will release in the future, and can make it to just add the new weapons, as long as they credit you correct? I hope someone does do that xD I've been waiting years for the Scorpion.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything's possible. :wink: However...

Q) What about alternate versions generally?
A) Not if I can possibly avoid it. "Hell is alternate versions" is something I've been known to say. It's rarely just a one-off bit of extra work. It multiplies your workload going forward into later updates; suddenly you're doing the same work over and over again for the sake of alternate versions that you don't like and don't use yourself. It's a good way to slow progress and damage the quality of a mod overall.

Ouch my bad for not recalling that. I did read the post back in 2016, but didn't refresh my memory before asking those questions. Anyhow, it sounds neat. I guess the only question is did you get weapon perks to alter recoil and etc opposed to damage? It sounds like that would an awesome change if doable.

Ouch my bad for not recalling that. I did read the post back in 2016, but didn't refresh my memory before asking those questions. Anyhow, it sounds neat. I guess the only question is did you get weapon perks to alter recoil and etc opposed to damage? It sounds like that would an awesome change if doable.

No, unfortunately - that's still a bugbear when it comes to what is and isn't possible to influence via perks. It'd definitely be my first choice to replace the damage bonuses from weapon skill perks.

It is reportedly possible in AmmoTweaks v2; one of a number of reasons why I've always been excited to use it. ;)