Best Mod Manager and Load Order Tool to use?

Maxrebo

Having recently finally got a gaming computer.I can finally play Oblivion,Fallout 3,NV,4 and both versions of Skyrim on max settings including with mods,plus Morrowind with the graphics extender.So before I start browsing and downloading mods.I thought I should ask some questions.

1.What Mod Manager do you recommend for each game

Oblivion

Mod Organizer

Wrye Bash

or

Oblivion Mod Manager

Fallout 3 and NV

Mod Organizer

Wrye Flash

or

Fallout Mod Manager

Skyrim (Regular)

Mod Organizer

or

Wrye Bash

Skyrim SE

?

Fallout 4

?

I know for Morrowind the recommended tool is Wrye Mash.

2.What load order tool do you reccomend

LOOT,BOSS or another one I don't know about.

I know about Mlox for Morrowind

3.Any other utilities I need to get for Morrowind,Oblivion,Fallout 3,Fallout New Vegas,Skyrim,Skyrim SE or Fallout 4 ?

Use LOOT to sort your list, then read the mod descriptions on the Nexus page you got the mod from, the author will specify where to put the mod in your list.

So, only use LOOT as a guide, as It will sometimes put certain mods in your list incorrectly, this is rare however, but always check the mod author notes in "Descriptions" to see if their load order requirements differ.

For Skyrim I use Nexus Mod Manager, most people will say "use Mod Organiser" Both work well, Mod Organiser however makes things easier by allowing you access your tools and .ini files easily trough the GUI.

WyreBash.. will create patches for your mods (usually one patch you place at the bottom of your load order) Rebuild your patch every time you change something in your load order, i.e adding/removing mods. (Check out the "Tweaks" section for some nice additions, like speed of arrows and maximum summons (crank that baby up, and have an army of deadites!)

LOOT.. of course, use this not just for load order, but to check for "dirty edits" in mods, mod authors these days clean their mods well, so this becomes less of an issue, but take note.. Not all "dirty edits" are bad, check the mod description to see if they are intentional.

TES5Edit.. This will clean up those naughty "dirty edits" for you. TES5 Edit can do much more, but I don't use it for anything else. No need to.

I hope this little info helps! Have fun!

Edited by SaulieSaul

I use mod organizer. There has been some issues with the current one available. It is a beta version. So as is there where some functions that did not work. A patch is now available that resolves most all problems and makes it quite usable .

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Oblivion Mod Manager and BOSS.

2. Fallout 3

Fallout Mod Manager and BOSS.

3. Fallout: New Vegas

Mod Organizer and LOOT.

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Mod Organizer and LOOT.

5. Skyrim Special Edition

Nexus Mod Manager and LOOT.

6. Fallout 4

Nexus Mod Manager and LOOT.

• 2 years later...

I use LOOT on all of the games listed it works with.

TES5Edit does a good job with all the games too with it's Auto Quick Clean feature from recent upgrades.

To save time I put the folder TES5Edit into the main folder of all games it is compatible with. In the Readme it shows how to make it set up for your games.

Simply change TES5Edit.exe to FO3Edit.exe. I copied FO3Edit and pasted it over the name of the TES5Edit folder 1st so it says FO3Edit.

The folder I dragged and copied into FO3. Right Clicked on the Folder first selected rename and pasted FO3Edit there. Inside Highlight the all the files with TES5Edit quick and easy so the executables and other files all with TES5Edit in their name becomes FO3Edit.exe and so on and you're ready to use all it's functions.

Learn how it works. If any Mods, including the main ESM's (and of DLC's included) of the game has ID repeats. Click on your games executable version of TES5Edit. Like this FO3Edit AutoQuickclean.exe to remove Identical stuff and more.

OR

Check for new versions here: