[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Not really worried about the physics extensions myself although they are cool for armors and the like (not a follower of adult mods though) but things like kryptopyrs mods, full Frostfall and CWO are the ones I'd like to see on the better performing engine.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really worried about the physics extensions myself although they are cool for armors and the like (not a follower of adult mods though) but things like kryptopyrs mods, full Frostfall and CWO are the ones I'd like to see on the better performing engine.

Dont forget SkyUI, Thats the big one I wanna see fully working on SSE <3

I've been assuming they're taking a "when it's ready" stance with this, i dont mind the wait since i can play SSE fine without it for now(lack of mcm is abit of a tricky task but i like the ways folks have come up with workarounds).

Take as long as you need, we'll still be here waiting for it once its ready :)

I've been assuming they're taking a "when it's ready" stance with this, i dont mind the wait since i can play SSE fine without it for now(lack of mcm is abit of a tricky task but i like the ways folks have come up with workarounds).

Take as long as you need, we'll still be here waiting for it once its ready :smile:

But taking like 5 minutes to say ``we are doing this, and this is all that is left`` wouldn`t hurt anyone and would actually calm people like me hehe.

Take as long as you need, we'll still be here waiting for it once its ready :smile:

But taking like 5 minutes to say ``we are doing this, and this is all that is left`` wouldn`t hurt anyone and would actually calm people like me hehe.

I couldn't agree more. It's a bit odd how mid-March has rolled around, and we don't really have so much as new information. I'll personally wait until this week is through before I really start questioning anything, since this week is technically "mid-March", as well. After the 18th, then I'll be a bit perplexed.

And since this is my first time replying to this thread, I'll just say that I can't wait until this releases, along with a new MCM to really get the ball rolling.

Quite frankly, I think anyone that 'starts questioning' the progress of VOLUNTEERS who're pursuing a very difficult task for the modding community is being utterly churlish. Get over yourself. SKSE64 will be ready when it's ready, and no amount of whining or 'questioning' here will make that happen any sooner - it's more likely to delay it further.

I hope they are working to their heart's content instead of reading forums posts :wink:

To know they are even diving into 64bit when they are under no obligation? Awesome. They know people are eagerly awaiting and they have handled the plethora of posts and speculation with grace and dignity. Shower your mod author coders with some words of encouragement :D

Edit: sorry, I meant "shower" not "show"

Edited by Tarshana

Quite frankly, I think anyone that 'starts questioning' the progress of VOLUNTEERS who're pursuing a very difficult task for the modding community is being utterly churlish. Get over yourself. SKSE64 will be ready when it's ready, and no amount of whining or 'questioning' here will make that happen any sooner - it's more likely to delay it further.

This sort of thing is why I never bothered commenting on this. I just think that if the week passes through and there's no new info (I'm not necessarily asking for a new release when I say "new info", just something as simple as "hey, we're very close", or informing us about a delay), then asking about the progress is a valid point in my eyes. I'm very thankful for their work, but saying it every other day and and in every other sentence is just as pointless as berating them and telling them to rush it out.

Calm down. Not everyone who's curious about the release day for SKSE64 is this raging maniac you seem to assume they are. From what I've seen, just about everyone is very encouraging about their work. Even if I was being as obnoxious as you think I am, I'm certainly in the minority, and can be simply ignored.

I hope they are working to their heart's content instead of reading forums posts :wink:

To know they are even diving into 64bit when they are under no obligation? Awesome. They know people are eagerly awaiting and they have handled the plethora of posts and speculation with grace and dignity. Show your mod author coders with some words of encouragement :D

Very good point, I'd rather them focusing on the development as well. And I recall that while I didn't show encouragement, I did say that I was looking forward to its release, which at least shows that I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labor. And as you say, they got plenty of said encouragement posts (some going a bit too far I'd say, like benketteridge, who's more focusing on calling people entitled and selfish than giving any real encouragement), so it's not like my admittedly rather stern response could possibly be discouraging, at least I hope not.

Very good point, I'd rather them focusing on the development as well. And I recall that while I didn't show encouragement, I did say that I was looking forward to its release, which at least shows that I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labor.

I had a boss a few years ago, perhaps the most business intelligent person I have ever met, who said to us in a staff meeting, "Remember that perception is 9/10ths of the truth. Your truth, their truth, everyone's truth. How your words and actions are perceived by others is their truth about you." That resonated with me and helped me deal with people from that point forward :)

I, by no means, want to imply that you, or anyone else, has never offered any word of encouragement, I was tossing in my two copper (personally I hope to not hear another peep until release; it will be like a surprise birthday gift!).